+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Curtis Davies

Curtis Davies

See link
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tting-13701550

I thought he was very dirty against zohore.

Discuss

Re: Curtis Davies

He had the other centre half with him , ledley sat in front on every long kick up to him.

Well done Curtis. Your a legend.

I thought Curtis did what he was employed to do - and did it very well. Dirty? I don't think so, he just outplayed Zohore. It will happen in a number of games and we need to find an alternative route through in games where Zohore is being shackled. If Derby had 3 players on him then we should have had space somewhere else.

I trust Warnock and his team to work around this. They'd have known that at some stage the other sides would work us out. We now need to pose different questions. This may be Tomlin and Ward's time to shine for a while. Let's see.

It's lovely to have the squad options to change things around...

Good centre half Curtis Davis, especially at this level.
    The year we won promotion to the Prem Hull signed him for a fraction of what we paid for Caulker.
    It’s signings like that we should have been looking to make not players with potential, or no experience of English football.

Blue in the Face

Davies had a very good game. But I thought a strict ref might've given a straight red for one clash with Big Ken in the second half. I re-watched the incident a few time to see if I was over-reacting as there was no complaints on here. It seemed to be a cynical foul on Ken when he looked like he good get in behind. Davies also see to go for him with an elbow to the face in the same moment. Not that he really connected but it looked intentional. Don't think Davies got a booking for it.

Thought the ref was a weirdo from both sides perspectives. Over leniant one minute, then stopping play for typical championship fair game challenges. He also failed to play advantage for us and them in good attacking positions. Our incident with Ralls on the ball toward the end of the game, who looked like he was carving out a great chance for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Davies had a very good game. But I thought a strict ref might've given a straight red for one clash with Big Ken in the second half. I re-watched the incident a few time to see if I was over-reacting as there was no complaints on here. It seemed to be a cynical foul on Ken when he looked like he good get in behind. Davies also see to go for him with an elbow to the face in the same moment. Not that he really connected but it looked intentional. Don't think Davies got a booking for it.

Thought the ref was a weirdo from both sides perspectives. Over leniant one minute, then stopping play for typical championship fair game challenges. He also failed to play advantage for us and them in good attacking positions. Our incident with Ralls on the ball toward the end of the game, who looked like he was carving out a great chance for himself.
    I couldn't see the incident with Zohore properly but it did look like he caught him. I also couldn't figure out why he pulled Ralls up from an excellent position to give us a foul, when he'd not looked to blow his whistle all afternoon until that moment. You are right, he was a weirdo for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good centre half Curtis Davis, especially at this level.
    The year we won promotion to the Prem Hull signed him for a fraction of what we paid for Caulker.
    It’s signings like that we should have been looking to make not players with potential, or no experience of English football.
    Sounds like Davies is a good player in his own head as well. Actually, I thought Zohore did a bit better than normal in the air on Saturday - I wonder if Davies was letting him win those headers as well?

For at least three quarters of the game, Derby sat deep and stuck nine outfield players behind the ball at the slightest sign of danger - such tactics are designed to deny our speedy front three the space behind the last defender to run on to which they thrive on - although Mendez-Laing still had his moments.

I hope Davies is still thinking Zohore is just a "big lump" who wants a physical battle when we go up to their place in March, because, with the onus on Derby to push up the pitch more as the home side , there may be more opportunities for Ken to use what I feel is his greatest asset more and I'd back him to get the better of Davies (who'll just have turned thirty three by then) in a foot race.

As for the ref, what I didn't get was him allowing a player from each team (Peltier in our case) to have treatment on the pitch and then not to go to the touchline - also, I agree with Blue in the Face about his failure to play the advantage, but, as we'd won nine out of the ten games he'd officiated us in before Saturday, maybe we should be more complimentary about him!

I'm glad our players have more class than this. Curtis Davies is a very good defender who came up the leagues and probably could have done a job with england. However zohore is up and coming and he can turn a defender with pace your not talking like this is akinfenwa. I just think it's a but disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sounds like Davies is a good player in his own head as well. Actually, I thought Zohore did a bit better than normal in the air on Saturday - I wonder if Davies was letting him win those headers as well?

For at least three quarters of the game, Derby sat deep and stuck nine outfield players behind the ball at the slightest sign of danger - such tactics are designed to deny our speedy front three the space behind the last defender to run on to which they thrive on - although Mendez-Laing still had his moments.

I hope Davies is still thinking Zohore is just a "big lump" who wants a physical battle when we go up to their place in March, because, with the onus on Derby to push up the pitch more as the home side , there may be more opportunities for Ken to use what I feel is his greatest asset more and I'd back him to get the better of Davies (who'll just have turned thirty three by then) in a foot race.
    I'm quite happy with Davies being disrespectful as I think it will spur Zohore on to improve his understanding of the art of attacking and how to deal with defenders like Curtis in the future. I also think it'll help reinforce Zohore's belief that he made the right choice in staying for another season and learning his trade here under Warnock. I look forward to the coaching staff showing him how to deal with this sort of defending in the future.

I'm already looking forward to the return game in Derby to see how Zohore deals with Davies then...

We don't have a natural goal scorer which will cost us as the season goes on

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As for the ref, what I didn't get was him allowing a player from each team (Peltier in our case) to have treatment on the pitch and then not to go to the touchline - also, I agree with Blue in the Face about his failure to play the advantage, but, as we'd won nine out of the ten games he'd officiated us in before Saturday, maybe we should be more complimentary about him!
    Didn't the same happen against Leeds with Hoilett who stayed on following treatment and then took the free kick, or was that against Derby. If it was both games has the rule changed?

Answering my own question it seems that the rule change came in a while ago - https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-rule-changes

I noticed a couple of fair, but committed challenges between the two early on when Ken put him on his backside. That all seems a bit uneccessary, perhaps this embarrassed him a bit more than he's letting-on.

I hope Warnock keeps this story to show Ken just before the Derby away game

A bit strange for a player to come out and say that after a game

Makes him look a bit of an egotistical w@nker to be honest...