+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frederic Gounongbe

Frederic Gounongbe

At last someone at Wales Online (even if not one of the staff journalists) has asked the question:

'Where in the world is Frederic Gounongbe?'

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-13693312

It might take another year for someone at the club to give an answer.

Re: Frederic Gounongbe

Not even a crack team of Poiroit, Mrs Marple and Scooby Doo could solve this mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    At last someone at Wales Online (even if not one of the staff journalists) has asked the question:

'Where in the world is Frederic Gounongbe?'

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-13693312

It might take another year for someone at the club to give an answer.
    I thought he was injured but we've not heard anything for months. He doesn't appear in any training footage so I'm assuming he's back in Belgium?

This months player (alongside Kads) on my CCFC calender

That's the thing with this player, you never know where he's gounongbe

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not even a crack team of Poiroit, Mrs Marple and Scooby Doo could solve this mystery.
    Scooby Doo was always overstated in his crime solving abilities

He filled in for Zohore against Derby, surely everyone noticed.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This months player (alongside Kads) on my CCFC calender
    At least we got some use out of him... By "alongside", how close do you mean? Are we talking reach-around here? Maybe there is a clue as to why both players have been injured for ages, at the same time. Hmmmm.

I'm starting to the Fred is a money laundering scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He filled in for Zohore against Derby, surely everyone noticed.
    The elder commentator from CCFC player & Ifollow thinks all of our black players are Zohore. It's getting a bit dodgy now...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

The elder commentator from CCFC player & Ifollow thinks all of our black players are Zohore. It's getting a bit dodgy now...

Richard Shepherd has struggled to identify Cardiff players in his match commentaries for years. He's completely fair and balanced in his errors - equally likely to confuse Ralls with Gunnarson as he is Mendez-Laing with Zahore. In fact I'm sure I've heard him get Morrison and Bamba mixed up recently.

At least he has a side-kick or minder to immediately correct the mistakes. Added to that he is a bit of a club treasure with his Pathe News delivery and encyclopediac knowledge of Cardiff City's history. A few good years at the microphone left in him!

Blue in the Face

Richard Shepherd has struggled to identify Cardiff players in his match commentaries for years. He's completely fair and balanced in his errors - equally likely to confuse Ralls with Gunnarson as he is Mendez-Laing with Zahore. In fact I'm sure I've heard him get Morrison and Bamba mixed up recently.

At least he has a side-kick or minder to immediately correct the mistakes. Added to that he is a bit of a club treasure with his Pathe News delivery and encyclopediac knowledge of Cardiff City's history. A few good years at the microphone left in him!
    Thanks for clearing that up. Yes he always referred to Whitts as Whittington even after ten years service. Agree he is there to be cherished as he has that old style of correspondence that is dying out.

Do you get Zohore confused with Zahore, Jon ?😂😂😂

He’s been holidaying with Lord Lucan.

Wasn't this cleared up a few weeks back? He's working in Greggs opposite the ground isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you get Zohore confused with Zahore, Jon ?😂😂😂
    I noticed that about 30 seconds after it was too late to edit.

I can't even pretend it was a Shepherdism - although he butchers some names he always gets Zohore right!

You might even get a feel of what's happening during the game in an off day!
    The other fella is better IMO.

Regarding the OP, I hope I never again see, or hear, Fred in a City shirt.

Phillips apart, the rest at BBC Wales could learn a think or two from Shepherd, mainly actually commentating on a game, not waffling on for the most part. Poyser isn't so bad.

None of them close to the legend that was Phil Suarez, though.

Hes been found! Hes been working as a toilet attendant in Tiger Tiger to make ends meet.

No splash? No gash!