+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest gun massacre USA....

Latest gun massacre USA....

At least 20 dead...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116
    If it was this country I'd automatically think radicalised muslim, as it's the States, just assume it's some other type of lunatic. Sad, whoever did it, for whatever reason.

Re: Latest gun massacre USA....

Some bitter loser that hates the world so much he takes it out on others instead of doing the right thing and just ending his life

Some of the videos of normal people doing CPR on the hurt are horrible

They've released a picture on his friend they're after and she is latino

The guy wasn't a Muslim? Not being treated as terrorism then?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The guy wasn't a Muslim? Not being treated as terrorism then?
    Who has said it isnt being treated as terrorism

We going over this same argument every time.

They'll call it domestic terrorism if it is an american lone gunner

Edit - she is Filipino not latino apparently

In that situation, I'm not sure I'd be standing there filming it on my phone, I'd be on my toes.

Horrible thing to happen, looks like a lone nutter. RIP to the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    In that situation, I'm not sure I'd be standing there filming it on my phone, I'd be on my toes.

Horrible thing to happen, looks like a lone nutter. RIP to the victims.
    I know what you mean but no one really knows how they'd react.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know what you mean but no one really knows how they'd react.
    Indeed, but in my case I'm pretty sure hiding and/or running would be involved.

Police have said the shooter was a white male in his 60's, who's been living in a retirement community...

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Police have said the shooter was a white male in his 60's, who's been living in a retirement community...
    It is odd that people in my work are saying "well he must have just been insane".

As if no white man could sanely do something like this

Over 50 dead now

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is odd that people in my work are saying "well he must have just been insane".

As if no white man could consciously do something like this

Over 50 dead now
    Why is it odd? Surely the sanity of anyone could empty a few clips of automatic rounds into a crowd at random should be called into question?

Why is it odd? Surely the sanity of anyone could empty a few clips of automatic rounds into a crowd at random should be called into question?
    As in, they think they are insane as no white man could do this as we are all to civil. As if we all relate to one and other

An islamic terrorist on the other hand are those crazy asians, acting completely sound of mind

Indeed, but in my case I'm pretty sure hiding and/or running would be involved.
    Most people would but maybe there's something in distancing yourself from something terrible by watching it through a screen. If you're young and have grown up filming everything it might even be an automatic reaction.

Most people would but maybe there's something in distancing yourself from something terrible by watching it through a screen. If you're young and have grown up filming everything it might even be an automatic reaction.
    Yep , they all know there's money to be made by selling the pictures to tv companies and newspapers.

Jesus, they just played an audio clip of automatic gun fire on the radio, those people didn't stand a chance. At least fifty of them dead. When are they going to finally do something about gun control in the US? Never I guess.

I guess so

As in, they think they are insane as no white man could do this as we are all to civil. As if we all relate to one and other

An islamic terrorist on the other hand are those crazy asians, acting completely sound of mind
    Well I see your point, personally I think anyone who does something like that can’t be of perfectly sound mind

Kind of the point I was making further up.

Muslim: premeditated act of terror with sound mind
    White man: batshit crazy acting out of character

Who has said it isnt being treated as terrorism

We going over this same argument every time.

They'll call it domestic terrorism if it is an american lone gunner

Edit - she is Filipino not latino apparently
    The word terror has not been used once on the BBC.

I know it's a 'done' argument but it's still true!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Kind of the point I was making further up.

Muslim: premeditated act of terror with sound mind
    White man: batshit crazy acting out of character
    Ye I have contradicted myself a bit...

Well I see your point, personally I think anyone who does something like that can’t be of perfectly sound mind
    Yep definitely.

It's legal to carry an assault rifle in Vegas, and legal to buy guns privately. They have some of the laxest gun laws in America, you don't need to produce a blue card to purchase a firearm either. I'm not sure what a blue card is exactly but without researching I'm guessing it's like a firearm licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Jesus, they just played an audio clip of automatic gun fire on the radio, those people didn't stand a chance. At least fifty of them dead. When are they going to finally do something about gun control in the US? Never I guess.
    Gun owners would argue that this atrocity is exactly why Americans should be allowed to defend themselves by carrying weapons. I didn't however see anyone trying to return fire at the concert.

200 people injured with gunshot wounds must be a nightmare scenario for the hospitals there. Vegas isn't a massive city, maybe double the size of Cardiff. Having 200 people suddenly needing a hospital bed must be utterly chaotic

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Gun owners would argue that this atrocity is exactly why Americans should be allowed to defend themselves by carrying weapons. I didn't however see anyone trying to return fire at the concert.
    One off-duty police officer (presumably armed) killed apparently along with two (definitely armed) on-duty officers injured.