+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest gun massacre USA....

Re: Latest gun massacre USA....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Chris rock had the best solution.
    Bullets should be taxed until they cost $5000 a shot
    Agree. No more innocent By standers as the man says.

Also worth remembering that when America's 2nd amendment was written 200 and something years ago, there's no way they could have imagined guns that could kill and injure hundreds of people from such a distance away.

Share prices of gun manufacturers have gone up. Why? Because the market is betting on the fact that consumers will be rushing out to buy more guns ahead of potential legislation that might make buying a machine gun a little bit more difficult. You can buy a rifle in Walmart (think Asda's) with your weekly shop ffs.

The US gun manufacturing market is worth about $40bn.

I suspect the NRA is more concerned by $$ than the constitution.

I see little desire to change it in America. What they do suggest about tougher background checks would't have prevented yesterdays disgrace. Confiscation is out of the question there as well I would think. They wouldn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You've completely misunderstood his post. He was illustrating the fact that more Americans are killed by other Americans, yet the likes of Trump and the right wing in the US would have you believe that Islamic extremism is the biggest problem facing their society.
    Exactly, my point was there's muslim travel ban yet still no appetite for proper gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Chris rock had the best solution.
    Bullets should be taxed until they cost $5000 a shot
    I had a go with a glock at a gun range in the states. Cost was pretty cheap and I had to buy a box of bullets. Pack of 50 rounds cost about $20

RIP to all who died and commiserations to their families and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The thing about that is when was the last time a civilian with a gun stopped one of these lunatics? It's almost always the police.
    One of the guitarists who was playing at the festival has released a statement and he makes an excellent point about this. He said members of the crew had licences and even had access to legal fire arms on the bus.

But they couldn't use them because the police would have thought they were part of the attack and shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    One of the guitarists who was playing at the festival has released a statement and he makes an excellent point about this. He said members of the crew had licences and even had access to legal fire arms on the bus.

But they couldn't use them because the police would have thought they were part of the attack and shot them.
    I think it's happened before where a "good guy" with a gun trying to stop a "bad guy" with a gun has been mistaken for the original shooter and shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You've completely misunderstood his post. He was illustrating the fact that more Americans are killed by other Americans, yet the likes of Trump and the right wing in the US would have you believe that Islamic extremism is the biggest problem facing their society.
    'James fox' totally missed the point, which was surely obvious to all and sundry.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    RIP to all who died and commiserations to their families and friends.
    Best post on this thread and my sentiments exactly.

I think it's happened before where a "good guy" with a gun trying to stop a "bad guy" with a gun has been mistaken for the original shooter and shot.
    There's a futurama clip to sum up the good guy with a gun argument: https://youtu.be/v5JiPj9c98Y

Those who are more supportive of gun culture are suggesting talking about the issue shows disrespect to those who have lost their lives. Not talking about it, not taking action has contributed to yet more people losing their lives so continuing to do that shows greater disrespect.

Number of Americans killed on battlefields in every war in history - 1.3million

Number killed with guns on US soil since 1968 - 1.5million

Number killed by Islamic immigrants in the last 15 years - 20
    Yeah on the same day that 58 people were gunned down I think that guns should be banned. What a monster I am!
    Exactly, my point was there's muslim travel ban yet still no appetite for proper gun control.
    This Thread did not need any mention of Islamic immigrants or Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    I think old Croesy was just trying to point out the enemy within America there. Maybe Trumpy should look at that first rather than banning muslim's

Why not? Trump has spent the last year telling Americans that Muslims (any Muslims if the logic of the travel ban is followed - not just Islamist terrorists) are the main threat, but most incidents of mass murder are carried out by white non-Muslims who exploit the easy availability of guns, and the gun culture that is endorsed and celebrated by Trump and his allies.

When another tragic and murderous event takes place that contradicts and exposes the stance of the president it is absolutely right for people to comment on the priorities of Trump and his government. That includes their resistance to gun control (or even regulation) and their false depiction of Muslims as the danger to innocent citizens.

It makes no difference to the victims what anyone on a British football messageboard say about the terrible massacre in Las Vegas. But I'm sure it is much more respectful and relevant to talk about the real issues and causes (including the failures of the American president) than avoid them and trot out some version of 'warmest condolences'! Ban guns not travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why not? Trump has spent the last year telling Americans that Muslims (any Muslims if the logic of the travel ban is followed - not just Islamist terrorists) are the main threat, but most incidents of mass murder are carried out by white non-Muslims who exploit the easy availability of guns, and the gun culture that is endorsed and celebrated by Trump and his allies.

When another tragic and murderous event takes place that contradicts and exposes the stance of the president it is absolutely right for people to comment on the priorities of Trump and his government. That includes their resistance to gun control (or even regulation) and their false depiction of Muslims as the danger to innocent citizens.

It makes no difference to the victims what anyone on a British football messageboard say about the terrible massacre in Las Vegas. But I'm sure it is much more respectful and relevant to talk about the real issues and causes (including the failures of the American president) than avoid them and trot out some version of 'warmest condolences'! Ban guns not travel.
    Amen to this.Great post.

It did. It's relevant because they're happy to ban muslims but not guns, even though one has been proven to be almost a million times more deadly.

Within the last week a toddler in a nursery found a gun and shot two other toddlers. Another one found a gun in his dad’s car and shot himself in the head.

Well said sir.

Great post

Spot on.

Like many on here, I've been to the United States on numerous occasions, and i'm sure it's probably the same throughout the country, but my time spent in Texas was a bit surreal, it seemed as easy to buy guns as it was to buy vegetables in Walmart. In the drinking dens, quite a few were dressing the part as cowboys, Thump was funded substantially by the gun lobby during his campaign and like those before him, he'll find it very very difficult (if he has the will) to tighten laws, I don't see that any POTUS would ever get a ban through

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post

Like many on here, I've been to the United States on numerous occasions, and i'm sure it's probably the same throughout the country, but my time spent in Texas was a bit surreal, it seemed as easy to buy guns as it was to buy vegetables in Walmart. In the drinking dens, quite a few were dressing the part as cowboys, Thump was funded substantially by the gun lobby during his campaign and like those before him, he'll find it very very difficult (if he has the will) to tighten laws, I don't see that any POTUS would ever get a ban through
    I was thinking of that earlier Donald taking money from the NRA when he could have funded his own campaign? Why tie you're hands?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I was thinking of that earlier Donald taking money from the NRA when he could have funded his own campaign? Why tie you're hands?
    Maybe he couldn't fund his own campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe he couldn't fund his own campaign.
    Or wasn't allowed too.