+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working in Bristol

Working in Bristol

Starting a new job in bristol soon, just wondering about Bryn Glas tunnels and the bridge.

What are the best times to miss the traffic east bound in the morning?
    And west bound in the evening?

Bit of a vague question I know but my job is price work, so hours in my control.

Re: Working in Bristol

Can't help with your traffic concerns but please make sure you've had your vaccinations before entering Brizzel!

ha,ha,just give friday and monday a miss

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Starting a new job in bristol soon, just wondering about Bryn Glas tunnels and the bridge.

Bit of a vague question I know but my job is price work, so hours in my control.
    My sincere condolences... can't you work from home?

Watch your wallet

Fitting new smart metres so no :-(

Money too good to turn down, stupidly didn’t consider travel chaos

Get some cheap digs in Brizzel.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    ha,ha,just give friday and monday a miss
    and the other days of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Get some cheap digs in Brizzel.
    Here's some:----

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EHGD1B/cuba...ing-EHGD1B.jpg

Smart metres? Hmmmmm!

I did it for 7 months, towards the end of last year, and the beginning of this year, I was leaving at 06.00 in the mornings and generally taking an hour to get to the office (in Yate), thus was using the old bridge, evenings i would vary the route between the old and new bridge, leaving the office at 16.30, the bridge was usually fine without too much delay, but from Magor services to the Bryn Glas tunnels was chaotic, the only variable was how chaotic!!!, i really liked my job in Yate but the travelling wore me down and eventually jumped when the opportunity came, I would want to be through the tunnels before 06.30, gets very congested after this, drivers get impatient and the accidents begin, even the early finish on Friday 13.00 usually encountered significant traffic, starting around the celtic manor.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Smart metres? Hmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Or something on the outskirts of the city? romania+romanian+haystack+haystacks+1.jpg

Leave at 6am you will be ok

Shame you can't get one of these over to Weston and then a train to Bristol any more.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/lo...teamer-4043218

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I did it for 7 months, towards the end of last year, and the beginning of this year, I was leaving at 06.00 in the mornings and generally taking an hour to get to the office (in Yate), thus was using the old bridge, evenings i would vary the route between the old and new bridge, leaving the office at 16.30, the bridge was usually fine without too much delay, but from Magor services to the Bryn Glas tunnels was chaotic, the only variable was how chaotic!!!, i really liked my job in Yate but the travelling wore me down and eventually jumped when the opportunity came, I would want to be through the tunnels before 06.30, gets very congested after this, drivers get impatient and the accidents begin, even the early finish on Friday 13.00 usually encountered significant traffic, starting around the celtic manor.
    Tunnels are closed till 6.00 am . Travel between 6.00 and 7.00 am
    Coming home , doesn’t matter traffic is bad from 3.300pm till around 7pm . It isn’t horrendous though most days .

I had about 7.5 years of travelling on the M4 every morning to Brizz, leaving at 6:00am and returning no later than 16:00pm. On the times the tunnel was blocked returning, I'd come off at Magor services and take the road that links to the A48 Southern Distributor past Spytty Park & Transporter bridge and link up at Tredegar Park. Trouble was a lot of others were of the same mind.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Smart metres? Hmmmmm!
    I thought that, it would take the idiots of Bristol to have these useless things.

If it's any help it took me 3 1/2 hours to get to Bristol this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    That's not a bad time, if you were running.

I used to have a car like that

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I thought that, it would take the idiots of Bristol to have these useless things.
    Usain Bolt put a 100 in, in under 10 seconds, think of the bonus😂😂😂

At least you'll be able to go to the Reading game.

Some wankers had a crash fest with lorries on the M 5 , took me 4.5 hours to get from m4 junction 20 to Western super nightmare.
    Was still closed at 4.30 from early hours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I used to work in Yate too, never had any problems in the mornings but getting home was often a nightmare, I refused to be bothered by it though, I had good music in the car.