+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £30 million to 'park the bus'

£30 million to 'park the bus'

People saying that Derby were a good side and 'did a job' on City. They had a couple of chances after 80 minutes when City were leaving a lot of space at the back, but apart from that they really never seemed interested in trying to score.

They have spent a net £30 million in the past 2 seasons - that's more than several Premiership clubs. Quality players in every position. I am really surprised that they didn't show any ambition. Surely if you've spent that sort of money you'd be looking to win every game .?

Re: £30 million to 'park the bus'

Great post. Embarrassing for a Derby really how after spending all that money how they came for a draw.

and they seem to have a lot of lard arsed players too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    and they seem to have a lot of lard arsed players too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People saying that Derby were a good side and 'did a job' on City. They had a couple of chances after 80 minutes when City were leaving a lot of space at the back, but apart from that they really never seemed interested in trying to score.

They have spent a net £30 million in the past 2 seasons - that's more than several Premiership clubs. Quality players in every position. I am really surprised that they didn't show any ambition. Surely if you've spent that sort of money you'd be looking to win every game .?
    Agree. A great compliment to us.

Can't say I disagree with their tactics mind you, seeing how well we have done against top sides I'd have probably done the same and let's be honest, it almost paid off for them.
    I said in a previous post, they won't be far away come the end of the season.

Respect to our Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Great post. Embarrassing for a Derby really how after spending all that money how they came for a draw.
    Yours was a good reply too... for a change!
    Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yours was a good reply too... for a change!
    Keep it up
    a great reply to a great post!!

[QUOTE=Watcliff;4790132]a great reply to a great post!![/QUhed..

And all's well in the world ..

[QUOTE=A Quiet Monkfish;4790145]
    Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    a great reply to a great post!![/QUhed..

And all's well in the world ..
    All you need is love, rat ta ta ta ta....

In the interest of balance they have lost a number of their best players such as Ince, Hughes, Christie, and also Butterfield and Bryson have been moved on. New manager, new squad.

Also, Gary Rowetts style is to keep it tight and solid and look to hit teams on the break or a set piece. He’s very Malky-esque in his approach.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Completely agree.

Looked to me like a few of their squad have seen better days... Martin, Nugent, Huddleston all looked out of shape or slow.

Back 4 were strong, but there was no pace or spark in their side.

Players living on reputation whereas we have a group of mainly young, pacy, hungry and ambitious players now.