+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Matters not. I hope we just go for it.

We should still be thinking of winning the group but we can't do that with a draw. Unfortunately I believe we'll be cautious but I expect Austria to get at least a point tomorrow.

I think it matters a lot. The good news is that two of their star players in Okriashvili and Ananidze are both injured. That cancels out Bale being out for us. It definitely improves our chances.

I think we need to be careful with these young lads. Weve criticised the English media for years for building up kids too soon making out they are the next football superstars and yet we seem to be ready to do the same with Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu.

I personally wouldnt start any of them. I see both Woodburn and Brooks as impact players off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think it matters a lot. The good news is that two of their star players in Okriashvili and Ananidze are both injured. That cancels out Bale being out for us. It definitely improves our chances.
    I thought Okriashvili in Cardiff was superb last year. Unluckily for Georgia it is not just today's game he is missing, he's missed a 3 or 4 for Georgia through suspension in injury, who knows where they could have been if he had played in some of those games.