+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spot of Moz

Spot of Moz

Re: Spot of Moz

He is playing BBC 6 tonight. Some highlights already uploaded here LINKY Full set up in due course. Good cover of Back on the Chain Gang

Quite like the new single. Might go and see him in January. We'll see how it works out.

Lucky you mate, its a US tour only aint it?

Liked the set he played. New tracks sound good, available now on iplayer and youtube LINK HERE

just a heads up lads check out jools holland 10pm tonight

Absolute legend and a poet of a lyricist.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Cheers- seems to be doing more publicity for his latest stuff than he has done for ages.

Shame about the UKIP bollocks,though I guess its just moz being moz these days.

I like this as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDU-0R7dCMY

Shame that the song gets confused by some. i think its some of his best work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Absolute legend and a poet of a lyricist.
    Can't think of anyone out there that's as good of a lyricist as ol mozzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Shame about the UKIP bollocks,though I guess its just moz being moz these days.
    To an extent I agree, but we're all entitled to our opinions I guess. Have to laugh at the select few on twitter calling him a racist though.

Did you see my post regarding ' The National Front Disco' It ranks alongside anything he has ever done. The album version is just class. I don't see anything racist in it. High jacked by others for their own ends. Starting a conversation is not wrong. Bet old Moz couldn't wait to mention UKIP. The band was wearing return of the black panthers t shirts. Tongue in cheek I reckons.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Did you see my post regarding ' The National Front Disco' It ranks alongside anything he has ever done. The album version is just class. I don't see anything racist in it. High jacked by others for their own ends. Starting a conversation is not wrong. Bet old Moz couldn't wait to mention UKIP. The band was wearing return of the black panthers t shirts. Tongue in cheek I reckons.
    I did - and watched it. It's a great song, but unfortunately fuel for people who like to manufacture something controversial. He knows how to play the role, it's funny to just sit back and watch them all go mental over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    I did - and watched it. It's a great song, but unfortunately fuel for people who like to manufacture something controversial. He knows how to play the role, it's funny to just sit back and watch them all go mental over it.
    Fully. Moz has got something to say. I mean who hasn't. He got coined off the stage whilst supporting Madness for draping a union jack flag around himself. He didn't come on in braces and doc martins. He likes to provoke debate whilst remaining silent as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    To an extent I agree, but we're all entitled to our opinions I guess. Have to laugh at the select few on twitter calling him a racist though.
    I think he says things because he knows it angers the "system".
    I don't believe for one second Morrissey actually likes the fox-hunting Nigel Farage or UKIP.
    But even if he did, he's entitled to vote/like whoever he wants.

It's a jab back at a country that he feels alienated him is what I think. Exploring national identity is a theme. Farage personifies some of the things ol Mozza can relate to yet still feel alienated from at the same time. Moz wouldn't invite him around for tea I suspect. Or many others as it goes.

Fully. Moz has got something to say. I mean who hasn't. He got coined off the stage whilst supporting Madness for draping a union jack flag around himself. He didn't come on in braces and doc martins. He likes to provoke debate whilst remaining silent as it were.
    I was right down the front at that Madness show and it was ugly as **** being in amongst it all.
    He didn't get coined off stage he was basically boo'd and heckled offstage by the Madness crowd,it wasn't just the flag it was the skinhead backdrop as well.
    considering the problems Madness have had in the past wit the NF trying to use them it was pretty stupid of Moz to use that iconography that day.
    No surprise he was asked not to play the second day.
    Huge fan of the Smiths and most of his solo stuff but he's getting a bit tedious for me now.
    I don't think he would have got away with some of his solo lyrics in his Smiths days as I reckon the rest would have held him in check a bit, particularly Marr and Joyce.
    I don't think hes a full blown racist and I don't see National Front disco as a racist song BTW,but I do think he's turning into a xenophobic little Englander in his old age, maybe he always was, just hid it a bit better.

Good strong points. I still believe he lashes out at those who rejected him though in his lyrics, He is of course too succinct to come straight and say it cause it's no fun to him. Glad you were at that concert, must have been something. I have only read it about and gleaned what I can from others. I never used to be into him and my grammar and language would appal him. I rate him highly however. Yes he bang's on, Show me someone that don't. He just get's more oxygen. He lives for it.
    Last edited by joecity; 04-10-17 at 14:52. Reason: cant spell

Good strong points. I still believe he lashes out at those who rejected him though in his lyrics, He is of course too succinct to come straight and say it cause it's no fun to him. Glad you were at that concert, must have been something. I have only read it about and gleaned what I can from others. I never used to be into him and my grammar and language would appal him. I rate him highly however. Yes he bang's on, Show me someone that don't. He just get's more oxygen. He lives for it.
    Particularly lonely high court judges..

It was a good day all round, got to see Ian Dury as well who was superb.
    We were around 3 or 4 rows from the barrier by time Moz came on but that was also the time the dodgy skins who had been hanging round the sidelines forced their way to the front to see what the fuss was about, which led to a lot of the ugliness as the skins were for the imagery and the longstanding Madness fans less so.
    I know from interviews after that Madness felt let down by him, which given their history is understandable.

Did you realize at the time the significance it would have on his career. I mean did it feel like a moment? Sometimes you just there right? I only wish I could pen something as good as his about latent English teachers and grammar police on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Shame it was a brief appearance

Did you realize at the time the significance it would have on his career. I mean did it feel like a moment? Sometimes you just there right? I only wish I could pen something as good as his about latent English teachers and grammar police on this board.
    Not really, by time it had really kicked off in the crowd we were busy working our way further back for our own safety, didn't think about it until I read that weeks NME, don't think I even knew he never played the next day. Pre internet was the dark ages for info.
    I was a fan but really went to see Madness reforming for the first time, the support acts were a bonus.

got to see Ian Dury as well who was superb..

Feck me . Another insparation. Good mate. Good for you. I know it reads wrong but I mean it. I am jealous but not jealous at all if that makes sense. Cause things was much different for me back then. I just like to hear about concerts of yesteryear. I didn't appreciate music the way I do now. I .used to call it 'Tune' for a start, stripped back to it's most bare beats as you will. Couldn't stand 'Yr caneuon' Put no faith in it and paid it no heed.. It is so much more now though. I see now. Good stuff. Good luck.