+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farage

Farage

Whether you like him or not, he seems to be the only one willing to say it as it is.

https://youtu.be/hcxcrxslnYk

Re: Farage

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whether you like him or not, he seems to be the only one willing to say it as it is.

Don't forget Boris. Always telling it like it is, for dead soldiers and civilians in Libya. I would like Farage to tackle Boris as well. I will reserve my judgment until you get him off EU topics. I totally see what you men though Will.
    Last edited by joecity; 04-10-17 at 08:28. Reason: Typo's Man

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

I would never have considered voting for him before but everything he said there was spot on, at a time nobody else is saying what needs to be said.

Isn't it just farage doing what he's always done. Turning everything into a criticism of the EU whether it is actually to do with them or not?

Agree it is a disgrace. Spain argue it was an illegal vote so they had every right to do what they did. That's to be pulled apart. All's they have done is strengthen the Catalans hand. Farage scoring points from it. That's the trick he has got. I would pay more attention to him if he didn't pull everything back to these shores. What happened was wrong. Cant he just say that? Say why it's wrong and sit down and provoke the debate necessary in the chamber there.

The EU has no rights whatsoever to intervene in a member state

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...elex:12012M007 - the EU article

https://www.legalcheek.com/2017/10/f...=SocialWarfare

What would have happened if the EU had commented on say the death of Ian Tomlinson and the police behaviour there, or Orgreave, or Hillsborough? Farage would have accused the EU of interfering and going beyond their legal powers. Now they haven't, he's criticising them for not going beyond their legal powers.

This thread sums up Farage perfectly

https://twitter.com/OliverNorgrove/s...72826012880896

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Farage is a one trick pony, but this is very relevant - people in Spain trying to express an opinion (even if the vote counts for nothing and is not recognised), old men and women as well as young kids expressing their right to freedom of speech / opinion being baton charged over the head by their Police - whilst the local fire brigade were trying to protect them. The fire fighters were then themselves hit.

You would have thought the head of the EU commission, in fact any of the commissioners would have had something to say about it - but silence. I wanted UK to stay together and for Scotland to stay, but I wouldnt want our Police baton charging old ladies out of the polling booth to stop them voting.
    The head of the EU and commissioners have no choice but to keep quiet since, however appalling the situation is, Spain will argue that what is happening with the Catalans is illegal

Is that ex UKIP leader Paul Nuttall in the background.

Why has he got the translation headphones on - is it to turn Farage's speech into scouse.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    The EU has no rights whatsoever to intervene in a member state

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...elex:12012M007 - the EU article

https://www.legalcheek.com/2017/10/f...=SocialWarfare

What would have happened if the EU had commented on say the death of Ian Tomlinson and the police behaviour there, or Orgreave, or Hillsborough? Farage would have accused the EU of interfering and going beyond their legal powers. Now they haven't, he's criticising them for not going beyond their legal powers.

This thread sums up Farage perfectly

https://twitter.com/OliverNorgrove/s...72826012880896
    This is a very fair point. I think what the Spanish police did is awful but the responsibility lies with them. People seem to think the EU has more power and influence than it actually does. Someone on here was calling them the EU police, that's just not how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Isn't it just farage doing what he's always done. Turning everything into a criticism of the EU whether it is actually to do with them or not?
    But this is everything to do with the EU.

Farage is a cock but he's right in that the EU is crumbling.

So do we want the EU interfering in everything now?

They have no jurisdiction over stuff like this surely, and agree how would anyone feel if the EU started commenting thinks like the death of Ian Tomlinson?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

The Catalans' beef is with Madrid and the rest of Spain, they'd feel the same whether Spain was in the EU or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Catalans' beef is with Madrid and the rest of Spain, they'd feel the same whether Spain was in the EU or not.
    They would, but the reason for the eu's silence is because the last thing they want is countries breaking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So do we want the EU interfering in everything now?

They have no jurisdiction over stuff like this surely, and agree how would anyone feel if the EU started commenting thinks like the death of Ian Tomlinson?
    They've usually got plenty of snide comments to make about uk since we voted to leave.

Fact is all they care about is keeping their superstate as powerful as possible.

They would, but the reason for the eu's silence is because the last thing they want is countries breaking away.
    No it isn't.

They've usually got plenty of snide comments to make about uk since we voted to leave.
    Bit like lots of snide comments coming out of Britain too. Usually happens when there's a separation.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No it isn't.
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bit like lots of snide comments coming out of Britain too. Usually happens when there's a separation.
    Exactly.

Which proves my point - if they want to speak up then they can.

If they don't want to then they make excuses about jurisdictions etc.

Populist bulshiiting one trick pony criticises EU for not getting involved in affairs of EU country whilst simultaneously criticising EU for (allegedly) interfering in affairs of EU countries.

Just so I’m clear but is Farage suggesting that the EU should get involved in a member’s state right to apply its own laws in matters relating to its sovereignty?

The EU is not crumbling. And this isn't everything to do with the EU. The actions in Spain have been widely criticized throughout Europe, but they aren't allowed to interfere in this sort of thing.

How do you know?
    Because, as linked above, they can't and they don't. The rules the EU follows are decided by all the member states (don't worry TBG, I won't say countries) and they all shrewdly realised that they don't want all the other countries (whoops) poking their nose into internal disputes like this.

It's for Spain to sort out and they're doing a bad job.

The Eu has let itself down. They will happily get involved in issues of tax, finance and regulation across the member states. For an institution that pushes its believes and moral compass the silence is deafening. Spain has let itself down as well. Spain is more of a problem as I see than the EU. Since when can't you vote for something. Spain doesn't have to accept the will of the Catalan's but storming poling stations. whacking old folk with clubs just proves why they should maybe leave Hundred's of years ago and you could most likely pull that off. Spain being naive to think otherwise in this day n age. Farage still using it to his own ends as well he should I suppose. Its what he wants. Its the air he breaths.

If the Catalans did get independence then I'd bet my house that they would apply to join the EU as would Scotland.

This is nothing like Brexit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    If the Catalans did get independence then I'd bet my house that they would apply to join the EU as would Scotland.

This is nothing like Brexit at all.
    Completely correct.