+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has Theresa said today?

What has Theresa said today?

I want o give a p45 to Jeremy Corbyn. You have just been handed one by Simon Brodkin. He is not a protestor he is a not very funny comedian with form.

Re: What has Theresa said today?

I just watched more of her speech, not all of it, I admit. She cant help a sore throat, She cant help a nob like Brodkin pulling stunt's. I just haven't seen a leader this flat since I was ever for first interested in politics.

Mostly she said : cough , cough , cough , wheeze , cough , high pitched phrase , cough , cough ,
    cough , ( given a break by sycophantic audience who clap out of embarassment or amusement or shame )
    cough , cough , makes a noise like she has inhaled a helium balloon, cough , cough , cough ..........

The set collapsed as well didn't it? Again not much you can do about that. This government though. Stale. Divided. Incompetent. Defensive. Oh my day's.

I've never voted Tory and never will do, but I'd always recognised them as something of an election winning machine that other parties, notably the one I've voted for most of my life, would have done well to try to emulate in some regards. However, that recognition of their competence when it comes to strategy and professionalism has disappeared since Cameron's reckless gamble regarding the in/out EU vote and has transformed into farce and sheer incompetence under May.

Even after they started voting for them as the largest party again in 2010, I've never felt the British people liked the Conservatives, but they did have a belief that they were best equipped to deal with a challenging decade which now looks to be extended significantly beyond that. I fail to see now why the voters should have the same faith in the Tory party any more - this Government is one of the most inept, most lacking in competence and most accident prone I've seen, they need to put put of their misery.

I just look at this conservative party and wonder. All they do is shadow Labour policies but don't go far enough with them. Just go for the full fat version. They will build 250o0 houses this parliament They say. What on earth will that do? Labour say they will try and deliver 1000000. Even if they only managed half of that You could argue it is a job well done. The conservatives are more than happy to pay their private landlord mates eye watering amounts of housing benefit but then vote against plans to make private rented accommodation fit for hum habitation. They want to add more money to the 1st time buyer's scheme. All that does is push prices up Making it even further out of reach for the next generation. Means they pay more in housing benefit to their old mates again. Supply and demand. The very essence of the free market. We are nowhere near meeting the supply demanded. We never will be under this government. They will tell you' ah but we can deliver'. Who couldn't deliver such a meagre offering?

Labour manifesto was costed.
    Conservative manifesto was not.

The conservatives want to cap energy prices. They pulled out of doing that last time because it meddles in a free market. It's back on the table now. Its a Labour policy but once again the conservative version goes nowhere near enough and will just be more of the same. Get the watchdog to do it so they are not really getting involved at all.

The 70's were a very long time ago. the 90's were as well. No government is perfect and all debate is valid and most welcome. Today's problems require today's solution. All previous governments have had a hand in where we are today. All 3 of the big ones in their own way have led us up this path. All blame each other of course.

Strong bold policies are what required. Get half of it done and your still winning. Get it all done and we would be better off. I'm convinced.

More of the same is just not good enough. It really isn't.
    Last edited by joecity; 05-10-17 at 08:34. Reason: wrong figure sorry, corrected

Kinell, boys, you're being played. When will you catch on that the truth is you have no choice? Whatever the make up of government, you get the same thing, and that is being ground down by taxes, inflation (a stealth tax), ever more laws, rules and regulations and snooping into your private affairs. Banks and corporations run the show from behind the curtain while their politicians are on stage.

The country operates on a sea of debt, both public and private as the state and vast numbers of people live beyond their means. It's most obvious when studying welfare expenditure. Should one - Housing Benefit - of the dozens of different payments be removed tomorrow then by Christmas there'd be more homelessness than in Victorian times.

Points taken. No change there then as you say. Sitting on my hands is not for me. Banks and Corporations seem ever less answerable to the public and governments alike I agree. Governments are answerable though. How they decide to run their affairs and who's interests they serve is a choice for them and then for us in turn. Big companies deciding how much tax they pay is the scourge of our time. How nobody went to Jail following the Crash in 07 is beyond me. Of course the country operates on massive debts. To do nothing though is just to advocate it. I can't obviously do much but I can vote for a party that seems to want to do something where it can.

Jeremy Corbyn and his party need to come off the fence about Brexit I fully agree. The point about tax being paid in Country of operating is a good one.

Tax is always the noose around Labour's neck it seems. Creating an environment of low skilled/ low wage folks who can by hired and fired at will is not the answer either. It is for Starbucks, Amazon etc. That is the way it is going as I see it. I am happy to be corrected, educated, I just think the Labour manifesto was more imagnative when you compare it to the only real alternative. I don't buy that companies will just f*ck off if they achieve office. We would still have the lowest corporation tax in Europe under the proposed increase. Am I wrong on that? I son't mind being corrected at all. That's how I understand it.

Good stuff n I will have to have a better more considered read of it Mambo.

Quick point before I get myself out the door.

We supposedly have near full employment now or very close to. Wages barely rising if at all. Worker's rights have never been so flimsy. Supply and demand is not working there in my opinion. Workers should be able to charge more for their labour I mean. Not happening.

Corporation tax: thanks for the numbers maybe am thinking of the developed big economies if you like where corporations want to be. (No diss) The lowest out of them. Again might be wrong.

I got to go now mate. I'm not sure if I use this board right. For the back n forth discourse I mean. I enjoy posting with you and others so I guess that's right. Nice 1.
    Last edited by joecity; 05-10-17 at 11:30. Reason: I rush things too much

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Good stuff n I will have to have a better more considered read of it Mambo.

Quick point before I get myself out the door.

We supposedly have near full employment now or very close to. Wages barely rising if at all. Worker's rights have never been so flimsy. Supply and demand is not working there in my opinion. Workers should be able to charge more for their labour I mean. Not happening.

Corporation tax: thanks for the numbers maybe am thinking of the developed big economies if you like where corporations want to be. (No diss) The lowest out of them. Again might be wrong.

I got to go now mate. I'm not sure if I use this board right. For the back n forth discourse I mean. I enjoy posting with you and others so I guess that's right. Nice 1.
    You use this board just fine. It's your opinion that matters and the diffences of opinion are what keep the board going.

I'm sure there's plenty of people with more knowledge than you (certainly more than than me) but that doesn't mean your voice isn't as valid.

Besides which, if you get something wrong there's usually someone who'll pop up and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You use this board just fine. It's your opinion that matters and the diffences of opinion are what keep the board going.

I'm sure there's plenty of people with more knowledge than you (certainly more than than me) but that doesn't mean your voice isn't as valid.

Besides which, if you get something wrong there's usually someone who'll pop up and let you know
    Thanks mate. What I was getting at is that I only started posting ere recently and I don't know about etiquite if you like. Ol Mambo makes some good points there which I would be more than happy to think about and tackle. I don't know everything if much at all but I do know what I think is right. I am certainly happy to hear other opinions. I think what I mean is it better to half answer or just wait until I got the time to fully get into it if you know what I mean. Like a back n forth with Mambo there. I peeps into this space when I can and enjoy it. Long live the City. Mambo hold it down. I got plenty more to say but not enough time right now. Good stuff by my measure. Thanks boy's.

Thanks mate. What I was getting at is that I only started posting ere recently and I don't know about etiquite if you like. Ol Mambo makes some good points there which I would be more than happy to think about and tackle. I don't know everything if much at all but I do know what I think is right. I am certainly happy to hear other opinions. I think what I mean is it better to half answer or just wait until I got the time to fully get into it if you know what I mean. Like a back n forth with Mambo there. I peeps into this space when I can and enjoy it. Long live the City. Mambo hold it down. I got plenty more to say but not enough time right now. Good stuff by my measure. Thanks boy's.
    Just be yourself Joe. Say what you like , when you like and don't worry about some old and young farts who like to bully posters.
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "Worker's rights have never been so flimsy" - why do you say that mate ? - we are covered by EU employment and will be ensconced into UK law when / if Brexit happens. EU working time directive / rights are the same for everyone else in the EU at the moment.

"Supply and Demand" supply and demand is working as it always has done. There is a huge supply of cheap available workforce in the EU and they fill the gap of cheap labour. Romanian car washers, fruit pickers, labourers etc.

"Workers should be able to charge more for their labour" You can always ask for pay rise - but if there are people ready to stand in behind you if you quit, then guess what your boss will do ? - if there was a shortage of available workers - then you may get a rise (supply and demand again). Or if your boss manages to expand sales, and so has a greater profit - then they may be able to afford a rise for everyone. You demand a pay rise, without extra productivity - the price of the goods you make goes up.

Corp tax rates in the EU and other places - just Google a few sites. https://fullfact.org/economy/corpora...-and-revenues/ is good site to read between the lines of UK corp tax. UK corp tax rate has gone done down - BUT the tax take has gone up - there are other factors in place that affect that though. And it could be argued that the Govt could have taken more Corp tax - but they would argue that the money is being reinvested by companies anyway and to pay dividends to share holders (some of which are UK pension funds)

There are no easy answers and its not a binary case of yes or on, but finding the right balance of taking enough corp tax so as not to put off investment etc.

In the case of Microsoft, Apple, Google, FaceBook, Starbucks, Amazon etc - they are taking the p1ss on a universal scale - and you can thank the EU and especially Juncker for that - he was the Presdient of Luxembourg that arranged the deal with Amazon to avoid paying tax http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7982251.html
    Fine postin Mambo my friend. It is .

Workers right's...What constitutes a worker anymore is not the same as it was. Uber for example bend the lines as to ignore them as best as I can see. When I say rights have never been so 'Flimsy' I say this with them in mind along with others. You have to take the calls they give you, you must follow the route they decide is the best one, reduced pay for those who deviate. You have no right to send someone else in to drive that taxi for the day if you are ill. Passes the test as a worker for me. You are a worker in all but name, yet you are classed as self employed. I am not suggesting for the beat of one heart that you support such practice but I just think that it is indicative of the current government Lazy attitude towards whats right for the people and what's right for business. Uber has it's plus points i'm sure and surely has been dreamed up by sharp minds who look at a system to find it's weak links and get in there. Why wouldn't they? just seems to start a trend that other's will happily follow.I wouldn't think well done though I just think they take the piss. I completely not saying you think it's right either mind I say again. I just like talking/typing?

Working time directive...Not binding. Simple opt out. sign this and there you go. It is a choice of course but you would have less of a choice to make if you said no. It would be made for you.

Supply and demand.. I cant disagree but economists would expect pay to rise as full employment nears. I take your points. Well made. Productivity is weak in the u.k we all know. Hours are long and pay is low never mind inwards investment. Any link? as a layman I would have thought so.

Easy answers.. It is a puzzle of mamoth proportions indeed. I see no answers put forward by the team in charge.

American companies taking the piss. I fully agree. We want a trade deal with these guy's? Going further we need one post brexit. They don't give a sh*t bout us going on previous/current arrangement's. I just hope we get a better one than what we got now. They can't use EU law to hide behind. I think you sense opportunity there as do I. More of the same just won't do.

Good stuff mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Just be yourself Joe. Say what you like , when you like and don't worry about some old and young farts who like to bully posters.
    Welcome aboard.
    ta mate. I like this board n i love the city. It's a win win.

ta mate. I like this board n i love the city. It's a win win.
    Got to add Mambo here ain't a bully, I know you're not saying that but point taken. Ta. safe

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've never voted Tory and never will do, but I'd always recognised them as something of an election winning machine that other parties, notably the one I've voted for most of my life, would have done well to try to emulate in some regards. However, that recognition of their competence when it comes to strategy and professionalism has disappeared since Cameron's reckless gamble regarding the in/out EU vote and has transformed into farce and sheer incompetence under May.

Even after they started voting for them as the largest party again in 2010, I've never felt the British people liked the Conservatives, but they did have a belief that they were best equipped to deal with a challenging decade which now looks to be extended significantly beyond that. I fail to see now why the voters should have the same faith in the Tory party any more - this Government is one of the most inept, most lacking in competence and most accident prone I've seen, they need to put put of their misery.
    And replaced with what

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And replaced with what
    Some enthusiasm.

Some enthusiasm.
    It will have to be UKIP then , they're awful, but very bouncy and super enthusiastic

Are they still a thing? They can have a go..why not. They haven't got any MPs as I understand it so Cabinet meetings will be just like the ones going on now. interjected with more Good stuff Mars mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    "Creating an environment of low skilled/ low wage folks who can by hired and fired at will is not the answer either." - allowing free movement of low skilled / low wage people from all over Europe will obviously affect wages - simple rule of too much supply over demand forces wages down
    Thing is there's been little evidence to suggest this, other than anecdotal, except in construction and maybe the care industry. Decent jobs, despite a massaged unemployment figure that has for decades painted a very unrealistic picture, are still not easy to come by. In a buoyant job market, workers can more easily move from job to job, forcing employers to offer better wages and conditions to keep their staff. Companies have been able to fire at will and control the market for a decade or so - rather than companies being grateful for having staff, they know workers have trouble getting alternative work and so they can treat them as they wish (to a certain extent).

Legislation to stop companies employing immigrants over her illegally should be a priority, but there are enough unscrupulous bosses who enjoy the slave labour.

Speaking of unscrupulous bosses, they're aided by a culpable state.

Only three out of 700 firms prosecuted for paying below minimum wage - https://www.theguardian.com/society/...w-minimum-wage

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Speaking of unscrupulous bosses, they're aided by a culpable state.

Only three out of 700 firms prosecuted for paying below minimum wage - https://www.theguardian.com/society/...w-minimum-wage
    Again, it's a case of not wanting to lose your own voters. Most bosses and entrepreneurs are likely to be Tory voters, even members. As I mentioned previously about illegal immigrant workers, the government turns a blind eye as it is in their interest to do so.

I'm of the understanding that France has developed legislation that makes it very difficult to employ immigrants etc on low wages, off the record (so to speak). For us to do similarly, it would not go down well with some close to the Conservative party. It's not in their interest, where profits and making money are more important.

Terresa has said very little today as her throat is still sore, however what she has said over the last week is louder than most .

Terresa has said very little today as her throat is still sore, however what she has said over the last week is louder than most .
    Don't get it. What do you mean pal ? Do you mean her 'balls in the EU courts' address when it clearly isn't. Good stuff Mars mate. Hope u good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41576100

I see Labour as a viable alternative to the Tories these days by the way and find attempts by May and others in her Government to portray themselves as the "safe pair of hands" Labour aren't as utterly laughable given the six months her party has had.