+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: hmrc

hmrc

What an utterly infuriating organisation this lot are. They continually f•ck things up, and make mistakes, yet you are the one that has to jump through hoops to try and deal with their incompetence. Trying to get hold of someone is like trying to get a direct line to the Prime Minister. And when you do, they haven't got a f•cking clue what they are doing. Baaaastaaarrrds!!!

Re: hmrc

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What an utterly infuriating organisation this lot are. They continually f•ck things up, and make mistakes, yet you are the one that has to jump through hoops to try and deal with their incompetence. Trying to get hold of someone is like trying to get a direct line to the Prime Minister. And when you do, they haven't got a f•cking clue what they are doing. Baaaastaaarrrds!!!
    this sums up my experience with HMRC also.

I think you can say the same thing about any large organisation, energy companies, phone comanies , RyanAir. They can all be fecking useless and impossible. Never was like this in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think you can say the same thing about any large organisation, energy companies, phone comanies , RyanAir. They can all be fecking useless and impossible. Never was like this in the old days.
    Before phones and aeroplanes?

I've just had two tax rebates from them, 4 envelopes in total (2 envelopes for one year, one to tell me about the rebate, another with the cheque) another two envelopes for a 2nd year, bonkers but gladly accepting the wonga

I feel your pain. Last issue I had with them took SIX YEARS for them to get right!

Be thankful you are on the right end of those bastards , cost me £20k last year on very minor issues , my accountant reckoned on £6 k and wanted to fight it , but when you are read your rights and some bitch acts like a Rottweiler we just gave in . Bloody company transport and health policies deemed benefits in kind . 🐮

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I've just had two tax rebates from them, 4 envelopes in total (2 envelopes for one year, one to tell me about the rebate, another with the cheque) another two envelopes for a 2nd year, bonkers but gladly accepting the wonga
    I wouldn't spend it mate, in a few years they'll probably be asking for it back with interest, payable in two weeks. Twats.

I wouldn't spend it mate, in a few years they'll probably be asking for it back with interest, payable in two weeks. Twats.
    The week before my rebates, they had written to me saying that i'd underpaid by approx 1/2 the value they have just given me, it's not big big bucks but i'd rather the dough in my account than theirs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    What I do is - use their online service - it's great, I used to bang my head trying to call them up, now I just login, online chat - tell them the problem - they fix it or advise.

so so so much easier
    every online chat I have ever had is to someone who knows less about the product/service/company than I do.

One day these

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    One day these
    Remeber when they

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    every online chat I have ever had is to someone who knows less about the product/service/company than I do.
    You should try the British Gas online help.

It's basically some guy from Pakistan randomly banging keys in the hope that at some point it'll make a meaningful sentence.

I can thanking you Mr, I am certain to be helping you with British Gas problem today..... being a particular highlight.

Still easier than dealing with HMRC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I had the same thing a couple of months back.
    They this week that have told me they made a mistake and wanted the refund back.
    But they also charged me interest on the money that’d Paid me incorrectly!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Very true. But.....you can change companies that are crap, you are stuck with the feckwits at hmrc.