+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu.

Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu.

There’s no way any of these youngsters would want to join the Wales set up when they could play for England........

Is there?

Re: Woodburn, Brooks and Ampadu.

Are they really good at standing still and hoping the ball will be kicked their way? If so they are a perfect fit for Ingerlund.

Gents. England have qualified. We probably won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Gents. England have qualified. We probably won’t.
    But we have the love!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    But we have the love!
    Plus we're not English.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Plus we're not English.
    This. This X 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Plus we're not English.
    Unless you listen to the jockey that is Adrian Durham of course. Sorry to bring him up again.

I'd start all 3 today

Praise the lord the people asking for Ampadu to start arent involved with the team

I cant say I've seen much of him but wales have a system and taking massive risks like that isnt part of our set up

Take a punt on a youthful winger ok. But a CB/midfielder, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Praise the lord the people asking for Ampadu to start arent involved with the team

I cant say I've seen much of him but wales have a system and taking massive risks like that isnt part of our set up

Take a punt on a youthful winger ok. But a CB/midfielder, not for me.
    The safe selection would probably be Chester, Williams and Davies as a back three with Taylor and Gunter wing backs, but Ben Davies has been so effective as a wing back this season for Spurs, that there must be a temptation to use him on the left.

if you go with wing backs then it, almost certainly, means that you are going to want to play three centrebacks and then I would say Ampadu becomes, possibly, the favoured option if you pick Davies ahead of Taylor - the only real alternative I can see is to give Bristol Rovers' Tom Lockyer a debut and, based on some of the things I read from people like Ashley Williams about Ampadu, I'd go for him if it were my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The safe selection would probably be Chester, Williams and Davies as a back three with Taylor and Gunter wing backs, but Ben Davies has been so effective as a wing back this season for Spurs, that there must be a temptation to use him on the left.

if you go with wing backs then it, almost certainly, means that you are going to want to play three centrebacks and then I would say Ampadu becomes, possibly, the favoured option if you pick Davies ahead of Taylor - the only real alternative I can see is to give Bristol Rovers' Tom Lockyer a debut and, based on some of the things I read from people like Ashley Williams about Ampadu, I'd go for him if it were my choice.
    Whatever we do, I think we have to play Davies at full back or wing back. He's been one of Spurs' best players this season and in a side that is fairly average going forward at the best of times, I think we need all the help we can get. We're always (apart from Georgia at home) pretty solid at the back anyway. The more I think about it, the more I think it's either Ampadu or Woodburn to start as I think the other 9 (baring HRK or Vokes) are pretty much nailed on.

As the old truth goes - "If they are good enough, they are old enough"

I wouldn't really start all three.

I'd be tempted to start Brooks though. He's 20, playing regularly in the championship. Bring woodburn on 2nd half.

Agree Davies should be used like he has for spurs, getting forward. He's on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As the old truth goes - "If they are good enough, they are old enough"
    Exactly.

Unless it comes to females.

In which case, make sure.

I love it.

Davies is the second highest key chance creator at Spurs behind Eriksen.

You'd need a brass ringpiece to make a call like that though and I don't think Coleman has.

Hmmmm, hopefully I am wrong but I see him going extremely conservative

edit - actually thinking about it, your choose is the conservative option

I really dont know, we'll know in about an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I love it.

Davies is the second highest key chance creator at Spurs behind Eriksen.

You'd need a brass ringpiece to make a call like that though and I don't think Coleman has.
    Thankfully the manager picked the team, formation and tactics with his head not his arse.

Stick to FFM lads

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thankfully the manager picked the team, formation and tactics with his head not his arse.

Stick to FFM lads
    What the hell is that? Actually I don't give a sh1t

WALES!!