+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argentina

Argentina

If they don't win against Ecuador away next week then they will probably miss out on qualification and if they lose they are definitely out!

I will be gutted if they don't qualify. A World cup has got to have Argentina ffs

Re: Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If they don't win against Ecuador away next week then they will probably miss out on qualification and if they lose they are definitely out!

I will be gutted if they don't qualify. A World cup has got to have Argentina ffs
    The next two world cups are going to be shit because of their location and this will just make it worse. Probably Messi's last world cup.

Don't cry

Probably won't be any Netherlands either.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Probably won't be any Netherlands either.
    England will be there though, so at least we’ll be garaunteed a few laughs!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I really really hope he picks Joe Hart to go to Russia.
    Having no Argentina or the Dutch seems unbelievable
    On the 40th anniversary of their final.

Just to make you all feel old.

How on earth can Argentina be the second lowest scorers in the group?

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...ica/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I really really hope he picks Joe Hart to go to Russia.
    Having no Argentina or the Dutch seems unbelievable
    Finalists and semi finalists last time out too.....

Uruguay, Chile and Colombia are more exciting to watch, though.

Has anyone on this board ever had the honor of attending Boca v River Plate? If so would you mind briefly describing it. Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Uruguay, Chile and Colombia are more exciting to watch, though.
    Chile's side seem to be on a downturn from what I saw in that pre-world-cup competition in Russia.

Have Argentina played their last home game of the qualification now? I saw something which said the away side was bringing it's own bottled water for fear of it otherwise being tainted, families had been discouraged from turning up and a huge number of tickets given to the Boca ultras.

That's your age and nostalgia kicking in.
    Doubtless people of the previous generation going on about Puskas... imagine Hungary not making the finals!

Argentina's position looks very similar to that of ours 3 games ago, languishing mid table with too many draws.

Has an air of mismanagement to it if you ask me, as Argentina do still have a wealth of talent.... or perhaps missing key players at key times. It happens.

40 years since the Argentinian WC

There's a scenario and a half - 6 teams looking for 3 qualification spots separated by 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How on earth can Argentina be the second lowest scorers in the group?

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...ica/index.html
    Probably because only one team has scored less than them in this qualification campaign.

Hope this helps, no need to thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's your age and nostalgia kicking in.
    Doubtless people of the previous generation going on about Puskas... imagine Hungary not making the finals!

Argentina's position looks very similar to that of ours 3 games ago, languishing mid table with too many draws.

Has an air of mismanagement to it if you ask me, as Argentina do still have a wealth of talent.... or perhaps missing key players at key times. It happens.

40 years since the Argentinian WC
    The instant I read that the BBC's opening credits music for that tournament popped into my noggin. Here it is for those old enough to remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The instant I read that the BBC's opening credits music for that tournament popped into my noggin. Here it is for those old enough to remember it.

Great tune and same here.... all the tickets ripped up and thrown to look like confetti after the national anthem... menotti smoking 40 fags per game.... on the march with Alley's army .... Cubillas free kick (or was that '74?).... anyway top memories

I'd be gutted if Argentina didn't qualify. I hope they win, then sack the coach.

The World Cup isn't the same without them beating England.

Arg never mind if the likes of the Dutch and Argie's dont make at lease you will have some insignificant side that has to the there for political correctness,and becoming the whipping boy at the group stage

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Weird. In my mind it was much more up-tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Arg never mind if the likes of the Dutch and Argie's dont make at lease you will have some insignificant side that has to the there for political correctness,and becoming the whipping boy at the group stage
    Don't worry.

England will be there.

"Animals!" - Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'd be gutted if Argentina didn't qualify. I hope they win, then sack the coach.

The World Cup isn't the same without them beating England.

I know what you're saying, BUT wouldn't it be lovely to see a nation like Japan beat 'um.

Messi hatrick sends Argentina through. Happy days. 1-0 down in the first minute they won 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I know what you're saying, BUT wouldn't it be lovely to see a nation like Japan beat 'um.
    Australia cause then all the cockney sorts couldn't go for a pint without the bar staff mentioning 2017 as opposed to the punters mentioning 1966 n all that.