Thread: FT: GEORGIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: FT: GEORGIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

yessssssssssssss!

TFFT

Phew. that is all.

Phew! Silly substitution imo bringing Woodburn on in injury time when we were holding on. Very nearly cost us.

Can’t grumble though, the team selection proved right overall.

Great result and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Cos I don't think Lawrence has ever done enough to keep his place in the team. I hope I'm eating my words at 7pm
    Bon appetite

Ratcliffe.
    Ben Woodburn has to switch on. He lost his man, the full-back. He must have been watching him the whole game.
    He was probably thinking about how he was going to change the game when he got on the ball but he has to be thinking about defending.

so coleman brings on Woodburn to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Ratcliffe.
    Ben Woodburn has to switch on. He lost his man, the full-back. He must have been watching him the whole game.
    He was probably thinking about how he was going to change the game when he got on the ball but he has to be thinking about defending.

so coleman brings on Woodburn to defend.
    Ratcliffe is spot on, and so are you when you say Woodburn is thinking about what he’s going to do with the ball not defending, that’s why it was a such stupid substitution at the time it was made.

I barely watched any of that as I was so nervous. A fantastic result and three successive wins and three clean sheets on the trot. I am hoping by Monday night we will just need a draw against Ireland. What a night we have in store at the CCS

Great win come on Monday should be bouncing

Phew!!!

No nails and blood pressure dangerously high!
    Dodged a bullet at the end there, why oh why not put the young confident fresh pair of legs on though

More of the same Monday no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ratcliffe is spot on, and so are you when you say Woodburn is thinking about what he’s going to do with the ball not defending, that’s why it was a such stupid substitution at the time it was made.
    I watched the last few minutes and we got away with that. Their player should have have had a shot at the far post instead of crossing. We won though. All keys players didn’t get booked either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I barely watched any of that as I was so nervous. A fantastic result and three successive wins and three clean sheets on the trot. I am hoping by Monday night we will just need a draw against Ireland. What a night we have in store at the CCS
    The same here I’m the same with the City I can’t stand watching on the telly at home,don’t mind watching in a pub though...weird

I hated Lawrence last week

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Great win come on Monday should be bouncing
    It certainly will be. I just hope Moldova can hold Ireland to a draw

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Phew! Silly substitution imo bringing Woodburn on in injury time when we were holding on. Very nearly cost us.

Can’t grumble though, the team selection proved right overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That picture is screaming photoshop me

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The same here I’m the same with the City I can’t stand watching on the telly at home,don’t mind watching in a pub though...weird
    I’m ok watching the game at the stadium but spent most of the past two hours keeping myself occupied before every so often looking on here or the S4c feed. My heart was pounding. We are right back in the mix now

the only bit I said was the last sentence. in what planet does a manager bring on a novice forward to defend (see how I didn`t use the word rook*e)

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Cos I don't think Lawrence has ever done enough to keep his place in the team. I hope I'm eating my words at 7pm
    Do you want fries with that?

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

#SteveR

That last 15 mins was hard work on the nerves. My kids were asking me why I was worried! I kept telling them, because it's Wales! We always balls things up. At least we always used to. This is exactly one of those games we would have lost or drawn and had five players booked. Fair play, when we've really needed to, we've won three games on the bounce, two of them away in far flung Eastern Europe. And thank Christ there were no yellow cards tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    That last 15 mins was hard work on the nerves. My kids were asking me why I was worried! I kept telling them, because it's Wales! We always balls things up. At least we always used to. This is exactly one of those games we would have lost or drawn and had five players booked. Fair play, when we've really needed to, we've won three games on the bounce, two of them away in far flung Eastern Europe. And thank Christ there were no yellow cards tonight.
    One yellow for Lawrence but doesn't affect the next game.