+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monday night ! The night to end all nights !

Monday night ! The night to end all nights !

Occasions like this don't come along for small/underdog countries very often. When they do, entire stadiums can become a seething mass of excitement and noise (e.g. South Korea 2002 - when entire stadiums worked as one to scare the bejesus out of opposition teams/referees).

Every man, woman and child needs to be counted on Monday - from every 'home' seat in the CCS.

The Ninian/Grandstand/Family stand should join the Canton in a sea of colour and noise. Let's take it to the Irish !

Re: Monday night ! The night to end all nights !

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Occasions like this don't come along for small/underdog countries very often. When they do, entire stadiums can become a seething mass of excitement and noise (e.g. South Korea 2002 - when entire stadiums worked as one to scare the bejesus out of opposition teams/referees).

Every man, woman and child needs to be counted on Monday - from every 'home' seat in the CCS.

The Ninian/Grandstand/Family stand should join the Canton in a sea of colour and noise. Let's take it to the Irish !
    Wales are ranked 13th in the world, were seeded first for the group, and were favourites to qualify and were semi-finalists in Euro 2016. Not quite sure where the underdog/small country tag comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Wales are ranked 13th in the world, were seeded first for the group, and were favourites to qualify and were semi-finalists in Euro 2016. Not quite sure where the underdog/small country tag comes from.
    We are a small nation with a limited pool of players. We are underdogs. The CCS will be brilliant on Monday night. We will all get behind the team.

How about the fact very few of us on here have EVER seen Wales qualify for a World Cup !

Even though underdog may be a little inaccurate, I'd say we do qualify in the "small" category.

Agree with the OP, we all need to be the extra man on Monday. I just hope that Coleman lets the kids off their shackles, it could be a night to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are a small nation with a limited pool of players. We are underdogs. The CCS will be brilliant on Monday night. We will all get behind the team.
    Underdogs against Ireland? With home advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Even though underdog may be a little inaccurate, I'd say we do qualify in the "small" category.

Agree with the OP, we all need to be the extra man on Monday. I just hope that Coleman lets the kids off their shackles, it could be a night to remember
    What we lack in size, we make up for in the pants department. Right girls?

Underdogs against Ireland? With home advantage?
    They have qualified for a number of major finals in recent decades. We haven’t. I would rather we were considered underdogs. Keep the pressure off the players. Can you imagine if we beat them and Serbia don’t beat Georgia. It will be bedlam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They have qualified for a number of major finals in recent decades. We haven’t. I would rather we were considered underdogs. Keep the pressure off the players. Can you imagine if we beat them and Serbia don’t beat Georgia. It will be bedlam.
    Can you imagine being third and out with 10 minutes to go, then two quick goals see Wales go top and qualify automatically? The Austria result will, I think, give Wales something to aim for other than second. I was a bit worried before that result that Wales would go for the draw and hope for the best - now the equation means a win could bring automatic qualification. Monday will be chaotic.

Can you imagine being third and out with 10 minutes to go, then two quick goals see Wales go top and qualify automatically? The Austria result will, I think, give Wales something to aim for other than second. I was a bit worried before that result that Wales would go for the draw and hope for the best - now the equation means a win could bring automatic qualification. Monday will be chaotic.
    I know. I feel a measure of excitement and sheer dread. Finishing work early on Monday to drive to Cardiff with my lad for the game. A few months ago I thought our final game would be meaningless. Against Austria and Moldova it looked a bit bleak and tonight looked iffy but two young guns have us right in the mix. Jeez. We may still have the agony of the play offs yet.

Got a four day weekend for this (planned ahead a while back). Heading up from Chichester on Monday morning.
    It doesn't get any bigger, does it !?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Come off it, the last time Wales won without Bale was...

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Got a four day weekend for this (planned ahead a while back). Heading up from Chichester on Monday morning.
    It doesn't get any bigger, does it !?
    Chichester's not that big!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Chichester's not that big!