+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New arena for Cardiff

Re: New arena for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    In fairness Bristol, the closest major city to us, also doesn't have a major arena. That means for any sort of mid tier concert anyone from south wales, west wales and the west country must either travel to Brum or London. If we beat Bristol to the line, and get this arena built, it's likely the pull of it will be far greater than just Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
    That's what worries me , getting ours built before Bristol but if they also build a decent sized arena they It will be a direct competition to us and we will have the daft situation whereby bands can pick and choose like they do in the north of England where you have Nottingham , Leeds , Sheffield , Manchester and Liverpool all with arenas competing with each other ........build one in Cardiff and the days of having to travel two hours to brum to see the major acts will be over , unless Bristol build a similar venue which will see rock stopping at the Severn bridge ..........let's be honest we have been lucky that the CIA is the only venue of any size in this part of the world because crap sound or not , we would not have got half of the bands and touring shows we have had it Bristol or Newport had built a ten thousand arena

My view is they will just build a roof over the Cardiff blues stadium and we will have a crappy multi purpose venue with crap sound and not available when our glorious regional rugby side isn't playing , Bristol will get it's act together and we will be up shit street with just the CIA to pick up the scraps

Build it on the M4 on the north of Cardiff and you have the perfect location but slap it in the already congested city centre and wtf is the parking access going to be like , it's a nightmare as it is

We are too late Bristol is opening a 12000 seat arena near temple meads station in 2020

So the CIA it is then with less touring bands or a trip to Wurzel land , bloody great

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We are too late Bristol is opening a 12000 seat arena near temple meads station in 2020

So the CIA it is then with less touring bands or a trip to Wurzel land , bloody great
    I prefer going to Bristol was over there recently they have so many independent venues , pubs eateries fabulous city (horrible footy club which thankfully they don't like as its parked in the back of beyond by an ugly industrial estate lol)

Is that calling academy still going? Shocking dump that is.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I prefer going to Bristol was over there recently they have so many independent venues , pubs eateries fabulous city (horrible footy club which thankfully they don't like as its parked in the back of beyond by an ugly industrial estate lol)
    Far better for the smaller bands than Cardiff , we have the tramshed, great hall at the uni but sod all else really , coal exchange was ok , globe is too small

I saw slipknot there before they went global , dreadful shit hole

15000 seater , which is too big in my opinion

10000 seats would be fine

Say it will be the end of the CiA , which is a bit daft because it's fine for smaller events like the Tory party conference
    I tend to think that live music is poorly supported in Cardiff, but one of the kids acts sold out the millennium stadium a while back for something like 3 consecutive nights!!!, a 15 k arena would draw from across the bridge for the medium size acts and opens up the City for other opportunities ( I think !!! ) whilst I would agree that the CIA is a poor venue for music it would still have opportunities for say snooker, currently listening to houses of the holy on vinyl, no quarter, what a tune, Jimmy Page and a les Paul : music:

They aren't Sludge, that project is a million miles from being finished as they've just started another new consultation committee.
    Cardiff could steal a match here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I tend to think that live music is poorly supported in Cardiff, but one of the kids acts sold out the millennium stadium a while back for something like 3 consecutive nights!!!, a 15 k arena would draw from across the bridge for the medium size acts and opens up the City for other opportunities ( I think !!! ) whilst I would agree that the CIA is a poor venue for music it would still have opportunities for say snooker, currently listening to houses of the holy on vinyl, no quarter, what a tune, Jimmy Page and a les Paul : music:
    Dancing days off houses of the holy is a favourite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    They aren't Sludge, that project is a million miles from being finished as they've just started another new consultation committee.
    Cardiff could steal a match here.
    Well it better had

Dancing days off houses of the holy is a favourite of mine
    But just for you

https://youtu.be/Pu94mWlgzMY

15000 seater , which is too big in my opinion

10000 seats would be fine

Say it will be the end of the CiA , which is a bit daft because it's fine for smaller events like the Tory party conference
    Yech I Fi!! I can't think of anything worse than a 15,000 seater stadium. Seeing ones heroes looking like stick insects, miles and miles away. Vastly, way, way over-priced tickets from bands as a great way of saying 'thank you' to the loyal fans who have put them into super-star status. Vastly overpriced, warm piss poor beer (with no real in sight) on sale. All topped off by the brain dead, thick moronic, haven't got a ****ing clue, musically devoid chav-scum that are 'Showsec', policing the event.

Count me out!

These days I'm glad to go to Northern Soul Nights and pay between three and ten quid max for a ticket. Or the Globe too, a decent venue with reasonably priced tickets

Tool are the pink Floyd of metal

Actually they remind me of a heavy spacemen three or spiritualised but with heavy guitar
    On the back of the spiritualized comparison I'm going to check them out