+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New arena for Cardiff

New arena for Cardiff

15000 seater , which is too big in my opinion

10000 seats would be fine

Say it will be the end of the CiA , which is a bit daft because it's fine for smaller events like the Tory party conference

Re: New arena for Cardiff

Cardiff Devils could play some of their bigger games there?
    Also, I assume, the company will bid for artists relevant for that size arena.

For once the council have got this bang on. No doubt it's all pie in the sky and it will get built around the same time as the ski slope and the bus station but it is very much needed. Mill Stad is far far too big for many artists, but many will also turn their nose up at the CIA, which as a venue is absolutely terrible compared to the O2 arena, the LG arena or whatever it's called these days in Brum. Capital city needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Say it will be the end of the CiA , which is a bit daft because it's fine for smaller events like the Tory party conference
    Would you boff Theresa May?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would you boff Theresa May?
    My communist grand father said if I ever went out with a Tory he would send me to the Siberian salt mines

My communist grand father said if I ever went out with a Tory he would send me to the Siberian salt mines
    You do romance?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    For once the council have got this bang on. No doubt it's all pie in the sky and it will get built around the same time as the ski slope and the bus station but it is very much needed. Mill Stad is far far too big for many artists, but many will also turn their nose up at the CIA, which as a venue is absolutely terrible compared to the O2 arena, the LG arena or whatever it's called these days in Brum. Capital city needs it.
    I have only seen one great band at the CIA, tool , saw plenty of others that could have been great but the sound is dreadful

15000 seats would make it bigger than the Birmingham NEC , we don't need somewhere that big

Cardiff also needs a decent mid sized venue , two are being built neither in Cardiff , a 3500 capacity venue in jackscum and a 5000 capacity hall at the Celtic manor , I wish they would transplant the two to Cardiff and build a ten thousand seat arena which would be plenty big enough for the larger metal bands I like and the foo fighters of this world

You do romance?
    I am up for anything if the money's right

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Cardiff Devils could play some of their bigger games there?
    Also, I assume, the company will bid for artists relevant for that size arena.
    It’s about time the Devils paid something towards their home stadia

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It’s about time the Devils paid something towards their home stadia

Cardiff devils would never fill a big arena

I am up for anything if the money's right
    Could you fill a big arena?

Could you fill a big arena?
    If it's Christmas and my sack of presents is full no space is safe

15000 would be great thanks. You are incorrect in stating that's bigger than the NECs capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    15000 would be great thanks. You are incorrect in stating that's bigger than the NECs capacity.
    How big is the nec?

How big is the nec?
    Exactly! Why say 15000 is bigger than the nec when you don't know its capacity?

How big is the nec?
    Not much more. 16000

Exactly! Why say 15000 is bigger than the nec when you don't know its capacity?
    Who the **** are you ?

It's 15500

Who the **** are you ?

It's 15500
    15500 < 15000 ??

15500 < 15000 ??
    Well whatever Norseman , Cardiff doesn't need an arena of that size it will be a white elephant

10000 seats will be fine

Well whatever Norseman , Cardiff doesn't need an arena of that size it will be a white elephant

10000 seats will be fine
    No white elephant, no white elephant, you're the white elephant. As Donald J said to Hillary

10000 seats will be fine
    You'll be crying when you and the Lone Spidergoth turn up to the ticket office holding hands to get your tickets to a night with the Chocolate Dreamboys and they put the sold out shutters down.

In fairness Bristol, the closest major city to us, also doesn't have a major arena. That means for any sort of mid tier concert anyone from south wales, west wales and the west country must either travel to Brum or London. If we beat Bristol to the line, and get this arena built, it's likely the pull of it will be far greater than just Cardiff and the surrounding areas.

I have only seen one great band at the CIA, tool , saw plenty of others that could have been great but the sound is dreadful

15000 seats would make it bigger than the Birmingham NEC , we don't need somewhere that big

Cardiff also needs a decent mid sized venue , two are being built neither in Cardiff , a 3500 capacity venue in jackscum and a 5000 capacity hall at the Celtic manor , I wish they would transplant the two to Cardiff and build a ten thousand seat arena which would be plenty big enough for the larger metal bands I like and the foo fighters of this world
    They should do what other venues have done and design the sound first and the venue around it. The money you might miss out on having the annual ghoul fest/walking dead convention that is the tory seance there could be recouped by getting decent bands in that people might like to go and see and enjoy. Somewhere that bands look forward to playing and would fill out rather squeezing a Sunday night in the CIA on the way back from somewhere else with the sound turned down to 3 cause in case the neighbours complain.

Sludge I don't know a lot about the metal you like but I was listening to 'Tool' the other day cause my mate is obsessed with the drum patterns in that kind of stuff. I can imagine that was a good concert based on what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Sludge I don't know a lot about the metal you like but I was listening to 'Tool' the other day cause my mate is obsessed with the drum patterns in that kind of stuff. I can imagine that was a good concert based on what I heard.
    Tool are the pink Floyd of metal

Actually they remind me of a heavy spacemen three or spiritualised but with heavy guitar