+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Re: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed. A crass and ignorant comment that wholly ignores the damaging involvement of British Governments in Irish affairs.
    Yeah no need to get political, I was just being narrow minded about the Irish

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    The Welsh can be annoying. Sorry, a small % can be. You know the type. Those that follow England and then jump ship when Wales have success. Have you noticed this in the bars there?
    Nowhere near as bad as the "Wales in the rugby, Engand in the football" brigade

I dare say that most of us have some Irish in us if we go far back enough.

First and foremost I want us to win, but I’m also hoping for a couple of friendly beers with the Irish boys before kick off.

[QUOTE=TH63;4792018]I dare say that most of us have some Irish in us if we go far back enough.

First and foremost I want us to win, but I’m also hoping for a couple of friendly beers with the Irish boys before kick off.[/QUOTE
    And joyfully take the piss after👍

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

First and foremost I want us to win, but I’m also hoping for a couple of friendly beers with the Irish boys before kick off.
    I’ve often thought that we must be the only Catholic family outta deepest Splott ( Bridgend street) that doesn’t go back to oirish roots, We are Vikings from Stockholm 😀

Reading some of the comments above. I put it down to -

1. An inferiority complex.
    2. English wannabees.
    3. Lack of History.
    4 . A group of small minded feckers who haven't travelled beyond Majorca.

Obviously you're in a minority. Seriously,grow the f##k up

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I feel the same about Scousers, them and the Irish irritate me to he'll.

Think it's, that romantic view of them both folk have , their gratting accents ,and I for one will not forget or forgive the troubles and pain th Irish brought upon innocent people.
    This this a joke right? The pain the Irish brought? History didn't start in the 1970s or even the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

I remember an Irish girl in Uni, and she often had a bit of Welsh in her and she didn't have to go back that far.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I thought the same I'm no international footy fan however it appears to me Ireland are a bit like the City ,long ball ,wide men ,crosses and big strikers, question do Wales have a Bamba to defend in an old fashioned centre half way.

Wales could get blown away early on .
    We are playing Ireland not Spain or Germany. When was the last time Ireland blew a team away ffs?

Bamba, great player for us but Ashley Williams is a far better player.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nowhere near as bad as the "Wales in the rugby, Engand in the football" brigade
    Are you shitting me !?

I have never met or known of a Welsh person apart from Rob from my village that have ever followed the English.

Same thing goes for Louth's comment.....I will bite.....you are full of it. Obviously never met a Welsh person in your life.

........On the Irish. I consider them cousins. Not that the feeling is reciprocal as I don't think your average Irish person has much of an idea about our country, it's people, culture etc. I get the feeling we are probably alike as nations though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Are you shitting me !?

I have never met or known of a Welsh person apart from Rob from my village that have ever followed the English.

Same thing goes for Louth's comment.....I will bite.....you are full of it. Obviously never met a Welsh person in your life.

........On the Irish. I consider them cousins. Not that the feeling is reciprocal as I don't think your average Irish person has much of an idea about our country, it's people, culture etc. I get the feeling we are probably alike as nations though.
    Never met a Welsh person in my life ? Why do you think I use this forum? Its a bluebirds forum not a Wales one. Obviously 99% of people here follow Wales.
    As for you getting uptight, look at some of the comments above, replace Ireland with India and Irish with Indians. Do you get my point now?
    As for the Irish not knowing much about Wales, a good % have heard about Owain Glyndwr and err ummmmm give me a clue? See? You get a tad upset when its reversed. I'm showing how stupid the comments are.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I remember an Irish girl in Uni, and she often had a bit of Welsh in her and she didn't have to go back that far.
    Really? Yet you still failed to lose your virginity until you were 27!