+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

With Bale no match for us. 2-0 Wales. Without I plump for 1-1. Thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    They'll be tough to break down, but I don't see them threatening us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They'll be tough to break down, but I don't see them threatening us.
    Any of em come over here and threaten any of my mates and I will give them a bloody good leathering

Belt sir? Or the said Louis Vuitton?

They'll be wary of us and rightly so.

We're better than the Irish - we proved it over there and hopefully we'll prove it on Monday.

The key for me is that only 3 points will do for them so they won't be able to sit back and stop us playing.

Nothing to fear against a very average team - if we can't beat the Irish then we don't deserve to qualify.

It'll be a very physical affair, I just hope we can keep our heads and not get any stupid reds this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It'll be a very physical affair, I just hope we can keep our heads and not get any stupid reds this time.
    Keep Robson - Kanu off the pitch then

Ireland (vs Moldova lineup)

Randolph
    Christie
    Duffy
    Clark
    Ward
    Hoolahan Substituted for McGeadyat 79'minutes
    Meyler
    Hendrick
    O'Dowda
    Long Substituted for Maguire at 83'minutes
    Murphy Substituted for Arterat 79'minutes

Substitutes

Doyle
    O'Shea
    Keogh
    Whelan
    McGeady
    O'Kane
    Maguire
    Hourihane
    Elliot
    Hogan
    Long
    Arter

vs

Wales (vs Georgia)

Hennessey
    Gunter
    Chester
    Williams
    Davies
    King
    Allen
    Ledley Substituted for Edwards at 81'minutes
    Lawrence Substituted for Woodburn at 90+1'minutes
    Ramsey
    Vokes Substituted for Robson-Kanu at 74'minutes

Substitutes
    Taylor
    Robson-Kanu
    Bradshaw
    Maxwell
    Brooks
    Edwards
    Ampadu
    Lockyer
    Williams
    Ward

It's gonna be a booking fest badly controlled by a balding ref with shorts up to his tits. Ably supported by equally funny looking lino's and a powder puff guy in a uefa shell suit top trying to get Martin O Neil lo stop banging on about rough house tactics. Whoever gets through will 5 players lighter no doubt. Should be a good game.

2-0 Ireland. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    2-0 Ireland. Sorry.
    barrel of ****ing laughs you are

Who are they missing? Some key player Keane was banging on about. They look a bit toothless at the mo, could come down to who keeps the nerves in check best

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I think this game may be easier without Bale. Bale sometimes tries to do too much (can't fault that though, especially considering the efforts of our last "world class" player Andy Legg - sorry Ryan Giggs), and sometimes that is to the detriment of the team.

Wales have a Lawrence and Woodburn who have just scored their first international goals, and I think the momentum is with Wales. I also think O'Neill can make some poor decisions, and I fancy he may overthink the game on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I think this game may be easier without Bale. Bale sometimes tries to do too much (can't fault that though, especially considering the efforts of our last "world class" player Andy Legg - sorry Ryan Giggs), and sometimes that is to the detriment of the team.

Wales have a Lawrence and Woodburn who have just scored their first international goals, and I think the momentum is with Wales. I also think O'Neill can make some poor decisions, and I fancy he may overthink the game on Monday.
    Agree that we have got the momentum. Does any body know who the ref is?. It will surely be a feisty game. Yellow card's are now becoming a real concern should we get past this lot. They are pretty one paced as I can see but a tough nut none the less. They think they are better though and that might help. Hopefully the atmosphere can help too.

I thought we were lucky against Georgia. RoI will be more physical and direct.
    We may scape a draw but I’d be surprised if we can get all 3 points based on last nights performance.

They are the luckiest team on the planet let’s hope their luck deserts them this time Wales 1-0

Cardiff is going to be hell on earth if ireland manage it

I am supposed to be going into the centre after the game but I'll rapidly make my way home if it goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Of course it wont be fecking easier without Bale.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    They are the luckiest team on the planet let’s hope their luck deserts them this time Wales 1-0
    Unless Tierry Henry is playing against them eh Blue. I wouldn't care a single wink if we get that kinda luck against them Monday. I know to many Irish people for us to feck this one up. The sh*te will almost be as bad from them as not getting through and Roy Keane dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course it wont be fecking easier without Bale.

Seriously.
    I can see his point though.

With Bale on the pitch we have a tendency to play everything through him and expect him to be the match winner.

Without him, other players step up and we're not so obvious for the opposition to work out. Also the opposition mindset is altered when Bale is missing and assume they've got an easier game.

Obviously won't be easier without Bale but in a way it'll make it more difficult for Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

With Bale on the pitch we have a tendency to play everything through him and expect him to be the match winner.

Without him, other players step up and we're not so obvious for the opposition to work out. Also the opposition mindset is altered when Bale is missing and assume they've got an easier game.

Obviously won't be easier without Bale but in a way it'll make it more difficult for Ireland.
    I know this might sound obvious n maybe a bit stupid but having Bale in makes most sense when Allen and Ramsey in as well. That's when he can just get on with playing instead of feeling like he has to run the show. So ideally I would have all 3. Of course he will always start when available but I can see the argument that he tries to do too much when the other 2 aren't there.

Ireland have to go for the win. They are an average hard working side.

Bale countering is one less thing they will have to worry about. I honestly think with Bale hed take them apart in this game and it would be an easy night and victory.

Without Bale theres not a lot between these 2 sides. Its going to be a tight game.

Bale outside of Ronaldo and Messi is in the next group of world class players.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I know this might sound obvious n maybe a bit stupid but having Bale in makes most sense when Allen and Ramsey in as well. That's when he can just get on with playing instead of feeling like he has to run the show. So ideally I would have all 3. Of course he will always start when available but I can see the argument that he tries to do too much when the other 2 aren't there.
    I think Ramsey is the one most guilty of this. To be fair the 3 of them are so much better than the rest you can see why this happens. Then you have Bale who is at another level to Allen and Ramsey.

The fact is Wales need all 3 fit. Bale though is a massive loss. If we get through these 2 games and into the play offs it will be a great achievement by our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Ramsey is the one most guilty of this. To be fair the 3 of them are so much better than the rest you can see why this happens. Then you have Bale who is at another level to Allen and Ramsey.

The fact is Wales need all 3 fit. Bale though is a massive loss. If we get through these 2 games and into the play offs it will be a great achievement by our players.
    I think Ramsey takes on even more again when the 3 are in, loses the ball more but the gains are bigger. With all 3 in we just get on to the next level. Alas not to be. I'm not a stat man as in I wouldn't know how to find it but I would like o see the win percentage with all of them in within the last 4 years.

Yep. You know that if it's 0-0 with 15 minutes to go and we need a win, Bale would be trying to do it all on his own - unrealistic shots from 30-35 yards etc.