+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Re: Thoughts on the Guinness swillers Monday?

Haven't looked at other fixtures, is it likely we'll know what we we need when we kick-off?

It sounds weird but I would be more worried if we was missing Allen than Bale

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Haven't looked at other fixtures, is it likely we'll know what we we need when we kick-off?
    Should be clear after today's games

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It sounds weird but I would be more worried if we was missing Allen than Bale
    Agree strongly with this. The void he leaves just cant seem to be properly replaced. We seem to stutter along. not as fluid like.

They will have to go for the win too, which will play into our style.
    We are a better side than them.

The Guinness swillers won't be impressed with the muck that's passed as beer over there.

Reading the above comments, you sound as if you're potential world beaters.

England mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

England mk2
    With the 3 in we can give anybody a game. Not suggesting we would win every one of course there but it makes us competitive. Plus we will have a good go with out them. Wales mark 1.

Expect the worst pray for the best.

"Guiness Swillers"? Are you English?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I thought we were lucky against Georgia. RoI will be more physical and direct.
    We may scape a draw but I’d be surprised if we can get all 3 points based on last nights performance.
    Really? We should have been 2 up at half time in Georgia

Blue in the Face

Priority number one for Wales is defence. The longer Ireland go without scoring against us. Them having to come out and beat us really doesn't suit them. The first twenty minutes are crucial for us to get composed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I thought we were lucky against Georgia. RoI will be more physical and direct.
    We may scape a draw but I’d be surprised if we can get all 3 points based on last nights performance.
    Ireland were certainly fortunate to get a point there.

England mk2
    Not at all.

We know our limitations and if you look at a poll thread on here, most of us didn't fancy us to qualify pre Georgia.

Hardly England Mark 2 because we believe we're good enough to beat Ireland at home.

I love Guiness, but in an outstanding sweeping generalisation the Irish have always tended to annoy me, kicked off by some annoying self cantered twat I had the misfortune to have to work with in Panasonic once....it’s never recovered for the whole f in lot of them......hope we destroy them and the north qualify too

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I love Guiness, but in an outstanding sweeping generalisation the Irish have always tended to annoy me, kicked off by some annoying self cantered twat I had the misfortune to have to work with in Panasonic once....it’s never recovered for the whole f in lot of them......hope we destroy them and the north qualify too
    Have you sought counselling?

Yeah, it was no good. Every time it’s like, this is thingy from Ireland bla bla something goes wrong in my brain and the person just becomes annoying, I know it’s irrational but at 45 I don’t give a shite anymore and just accepted that I must be right.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It'll be a very physical affair, I just hope we can keep our heads and not get any stupid reds this time.
    Yes I thought the same I'm no international footy fan however it appears to me Ireland are a bit like the City ,long ball ,wide men ,crosses and big strikers, question do Wales have a Bamba to defend in an old fashioned centre half way.

Wales could get blown away early on .

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I feel the same about Scousers, them and the Irish irritate me to he'll.

Think it's, that romantic view of them both folk have , their gratting accents ,and I for one will not forget or forgive the troubles and pain th Irish brought upon innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Think it's, that romantic view of them both folk have , their gratting accents ,and I for one will not forget or forgive the troubles and pain th Irish brought upon innocent people.
    Many of the innocent being Irish themselves.

The Welsh can be annoying. Sorry, a small % can be. You know the type. Those that follow England and then jump ship when Wales have success. Have you noticed this in the bars there?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

You must be on a wind up on the last sentence??

First and foremenost the provisional IRA were a bunch of cints who manipulated and exploited the genuine grievances Catholics had in Northern Ireland but you obviously need a history lesson if you think the troubles was brought upon solely by Irish people alone.

The dumbest comment on here I've read in a while.

As a Cardiff boy with Irish family I was really hoping both were so far ahead if Serbia that one of them would be guaranteed to qualify automatically and the other would get an easy play off spot.

I only hope that it's not a draw tomorrow. Worst thing is Serbia have been no great shakes yet still will qualify automatically tomorrow in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    You must be on a wind up on the last sentence??

First and foremenost the provisional IRA were a bunch of cints who manipulated and exploited the genuine grievances Catholics had in Northern Ireland but you obviously need a history lesson if you think the troubles was brought upon solely by Irish people alone.

The dumbest comment on here I've read in a while.
    Agreed. A crass and ignorant comment that wholly ignores the damaging involvement of British Governments in Irish affairs.

The Welsh can be annoying. Sorry, a small % can be. You know the type. Those that follow England and then jump ship when Wales have success. Have you noticed this in the bars there?
    I’d say there are good and bad all over......mind blowing eh