+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could be a strange World Cup in Russia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Could be a strange World Cup in Russia

The fact that Russia is about as warm as, well, Siberia both literally and metaphorically mean it will be the strangest WC of my lifetime.

That is until the corrupt WC in 4 years time where the only thing more nerve racking than the games will be if the fans come back with both hands still attached to their body.

France Euros will live with me for my lifetime and as much as I want to say I’ve seen wales get to a WC, you couldn’t pay me to go to that ludicrous country during an event.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The fact that Russia is about as warm as, well, Siberia both literally and metaphorically mean it will be the strangest WC of my lifetime.

That is until the corrupt WC in 4 years time where the only thing more nerve racking than the games will be if the fans come back with both hands still attached to their body.

France Euros will live with me for my lifetime and as much as I want to say I’ve seen wales get to a WC, you couldn’t pay me to go to that ludicrous country during an event.
    Like most arab nations, Qatar is a non-alcohol country.
    But Budweiser are a WC sponsor, so they've been told they MUST serve that beer, shite as it is.

Could be some "interesting" confrontations.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    But Budweiser are a WC sponsor, so they've been told they MUST serve that beer, shite as it is.

It's more non-pub than non-alcohol. You can still drink there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Here ya go!

For anyone thinking attending a World Cup in a Moslem country is going to be a bundle of laughs. There will be plenty of stories like this one, I'm sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-41536636

The sooner the World Cup is taken out of Quatar's hands the better!