+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “Yesterday’s man” Lawrence steals the show as Wales maintain momentum in Georgia.

“Yesterday’s man” Lawrence steals the show as Wales maintain momentum in Georgia.

Re: “Yesterday’s man” Lawrence steals the show as Wales maintain momentum in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Decent read again Bob cheers.
    Not sure I felt your confidence of us winning mind you.
    I felt although we kept a clean sheet again we looked shaky at the back and rode our luck at times, the Georgians pulling us all over the place.

Rode our luck and we need just a little bit more on Monday against the Irish who had more than their fair share at the start of the campaign.

Re: “Yesterday’s man” Lawrence steals the show as Wales maintain momentum in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I felt although we kept a clean sheet again we looked shaky at the back and rode our luck at times, the Georgians pulling us all over the place.

Rode our luck and we need just a little bit more on Monday against the Irish who had more than their fair share at the start of the campaign.
    I agree that Georgians pulled us about a lot. They did the same over here, but the difference was that they had a bit of quality when they got into promising areas and there were quite a few times when I thought they looked dangerous. They didn't have that yesterday and, after all the fuss about us being without Bale, I'd say that, comparing their performance in Cardiff with yesterday's, they missed their two players out injured (including the man who scored over here) more than we missed our main man.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

This is what I can't understand about some people saying we were sat back to deep. !

The way I looked at it, was that it looked like we were going for a second goal, thus leaving space in mid-field, thus leaving our back four slightly exposed, BUT, that's the way the boys like to play and I welcome it.

Hate this sitting back malarkey, gets on my tits, attack, attack, attack is my motto. Go down frigging fighting your bollocks off, with no regrets and not leaving anything on the pitch.

I was confident of a draw at half-time but it seemed we were missing the experience in front of goal. Tom Lawrence had another good spell, and was again probably our most effective attacker in the first half, but he hasn't been dangerous for 90 mins yet.

We need another win Monday and need everyone to be resting their voices before then. Big game for players, staff and fans.

Together stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree that Georgians pulled us about a lot. They did the same over here, but the difference was that they had a bit of quality when they got into promising areas and there were quite a few times when I thought they looked dangerous. They didn't have that yesterday and, after all the fuss about us being without Bale, I'd say that, comparing their performance in Cardiff with yesterday's, they missed their two players out injured (including the man who scored over here) more than we missed our main man.
    Again fair comments and overall we were by far the better side.
    Difficult to criticise a winning team and manager whose tactics worked this time, whereas they did not in the couple of games at the start of the group when in front.
    I was one of those you alluded to in your blog who said lets give one of the youngsters a run and scare the sh!t out of Georgia. This may have worked, after all, there is more than one way of skinning a cat.
    It is quite different however when you are solely responsible for not just results but management of the team and individuals.
    This is where CC deserves credit.
    Tom Lawrence had been in the setup before Woodburn and Brooks and although overshadowed by the former in the previous 2 games, he kept faith and man-managed yesterday's performance from him.

I'm with Bluetit that I still believe that the way to go about beating the Irish is to get at them in the same way as yesterday, hoping that we aren't as wasteful with the chances we are bound to create. Man for man we are superior and we have options going forward and provided we take a few, then us fans will have an easier time watching than last night.

I would consider one change from the team that played Georgia and that would be Robson-Kanu for King. To me while King had a steady game i felt there was times where Gunter wanted to play the ball forward but King didnt have the pace to get down the wing which meant Ramsey being pulled wide. I would rather see Ramsey coming into the box rather than going wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    I would consider one change from the team that played Georgia and that would be Robson-Kanu for King. To me while King had a steady game i felt there was times where Gunter wanted to play the ball forward but King didnt have the pace to get down the wing which meant Ramsey being pulled wide. I would rather see Ramsey coming into the box rather than going wide.

To pinch a famous line "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS"