+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The race to avoid being the worst 2nd placed country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The race to avoid being the worst 2nd placed country

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    As things stand we really need another favour from Cyprus. We need them to hold Greece. We would then only need to draw on Monday. As it stands it looks like we will need to beat Ireland
    I now kind of hope we need to win it tbh. We can win the group with 3 points too and I'd like to see us go for it. We're at home and I think we're a better team so would like try try and get it done and dusted on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I now kind of hope we need to win it tbh. We can win the group with 3 points too and I'd like to see us go for it. We're at home and I think we're a better team so would like try try and get it done and dusted on Monday.
    I have a horrible feeling we will draw on Monday night and go through the entire campaign unbeaten having never been behind in any game which I suspect will be a record. Slovakia will pip us to the final play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have a horrible feeling we will draw on Monday night and go through the entire campaign unbeaten having never been behind in any game which I suspect will be a record. Slovakia will pip us to the final play off place.
    Can that happen, this format is spinning me out, Slovakia are playing Malta who are bottom, can’t they not overtake us as the are playing the bottom team in their group

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    Can that happen, this format is spinning me out, Slovakia are playing Malta who are bottom, can’t they not overtake us as the are playing the bottom team in their group
    Yes they can because they will be on 12 points net of results against the bottom side which will be the same as us if we draw but they have a better goal difference. We have to win on Monday night.

Who the hell come up with this format lmfao, never used my brain so much in my life

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    Who the hell come up with this format lmfao, never used my brain so much in my life
    It’s appalling.

It's Ludicrous!