+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are yellow cards carried forward into the play off matches

Are yellow cards carried forward into the play off matches

I thought the referee was excellent yesterday in as much as there were a couple of tackles early on that on another day could have been carded. But he set the bar quite high and we came through with no one being suspended for Monday night. If we end up in the play offs though would any yellows picked up on Monday night by players already with one yellow lead to them being suspended for the play off game(s)?

Re: Are yellow cards carried forward into the play off matches

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I thought the referee was excellent yesterday in as much as there were a couple of tackles early on that on another day could have been carded. But he set the bar quite high and we came through with no one being suspended for Monday night. If we end up in the play offs though would any yellows picked up on Monday night by players already with one yellow lead to them being suspended for the play off game(s)?
    According to the commentary on Sky last night, yes, cards are carried over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    According to the commentary on Sky last night, yes, cards are carried over.
    That is just silly isn't it let's be fair. So that means Ramsey, Davies, Lawrence, Williams, Chester, Robson-Kanu, King and Ledley all at risk?

I'm sure I read it would effect the second leg which makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm sure I read it would effect the second leg which makes no sense
    Assume that means that if they get a yellow card in the first leg they would miss the second.

The yellow card rule is ridiculous in these card happy days. It should be 2 yellow cards in a rolling 5 games. Ben Davies has been 1 booking away from suspension for over 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The yellow card rule is ridiculous in these card happy days. It should be 2 yellow cards in a rolling 5 games. Ben Davies has been 1 booking away from suspension for over 12 months.
    I'm sure it used to get wiped. Seems to be a rule that favours bigger nations moreso than it....well, what is the point of it running throughout a qualification campaign? To stop people making a semi-final challenge twice in nine games?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Great point.

Ireland will be targeting the fact that we have so many crucial players on yellows. I expect them to be as feisty as last time. Makes sense from their perspective.