+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 1 REP of IRELAND. Match thread

FT: WALES 0 - 1 REP of IRELAND. Match thread

A win for either side guarantees at least a play off place. Possibly even qualification.

The defeated team gets nothing.

A draw is no good to Ireland and only good for Wales if other specific outcomes happen in Serbia or Ukraine

Re: WALES v REP of IRELAND. Match thread

Wales to win 2-0

Line up prediction

Hennessey

Gunter Chester Williams Davies

Allen Ledley

Joniesta Ramsey Lawrence

Robson-Kanu

I'd go with Vokes - I think we'll need some physicality up front

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'd go with Vokes - I think we'll need some physicality up front
    Not for me.

The Irish will enjoy a physical battle against a 'lump' - they won't fancy someone with a bit of trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That is good for us. The only player with a bit of pace in their team

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Not for me.

The Irish will enjoy a physical battle against a 'lump' - they won't fancy someone with a bit of trickery.
    Agree, id start with Hal

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    That is good for us. The only player with a bit of pace in their team
    The only problem there, is, "He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo", at the minute.

Shane Long??

Is it correct that Long is out of the Irish team for tonight with an injury??

Good news if correct.

Re: Shane Long??

Yep. He's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yep. He's out.
    I was told that - thanks for the confirmation.

Is it really good news? The guy is woefully out of form. He hasnt scored for 24 games for club and country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Line up prediction

Hennessey

Allen Ledley

Joniesta Ramsey Lawrence

Robson-Kanu
    I think he'll play the same side as Georgia. Coleman doesn't do risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is it correct that Long is out of the Irish team for tonight with an injury??

Good news if correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Is it really good news? The guy is woefully out of form. He hasnt scored for 24 games for club and country.
    As I said in another fred "Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo" at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he'll play the same side as Georgia. Coleman doesn't do risks.
    Agree, I think he will too.

Hope the referee is strong tonight. Ireland were physical at their place and the referee didn't get hold of the game, even though a Bale challenge, and obviously Taylor's lunge, were probably the worst of that match.

O'Neill is a canny fecker, he was first to moan about our physical side of the game when in actual fact they were his tactics!

Strong and fair, even if it means a few early yellows, is what we need as I think they will try to do the same and try to disrupt us.

We also need cool heads. Don't want to see rushes of blood if it is not going for us, like the Bale challenge, which could have well been a red.

I wish I could just go to bed and wake up with it all over. If we won I'd watch the game. If not I'd get on with my life!

Hip injury apparently

Bad news Shane Long is out.
    Good news is that Brady and McLean are back

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bad news Shane Long is out.
    Good news is that Brady and McLean are back
    I thought you was Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hip injury apparently
    The people in row Z will be delighted

Anyone got any photos? Is it anything like when we played Scotland in 1985? They were all pitched up outside the castle. Good atmosphere too. It did kick off on the bob bank, but no one seemed to care afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone got any photos? Is it anything like when we played Scotland in 1985? They were all pitched up outside the castle. Good atmosphere too. It did kick off on the bob bank, but no one seemed to care afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree, I think he will too.

Hope the referee is strong tonight. Ireland were physical at their place and the referee didn't get hold of the game, even though a Bale challenge, and obviously Taylor's lunge, were probably the worst of that match.

O'Neill is a canny fecker, he was first to moan about our physical side of the game when in actual fact they were his tactics!

Strong and fair, even if it means a few early yellows, is what we need as I think they will try to do the same and try to disrupt us.

We also need cool heads. Don't want to see rushes of blood if it is not going for us, like the Bale challenge, which could have well been a red.

I wish I could just go to bed and wake up with it all over. If we won I'd watch the game. If not I'd get on with my life!
    The ref let them kick seven shades out of us early doors, and when you don't get a handle on it early, tackles get worse and worse.

Praying for a one nil win. Come on Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Singing to the shoppers. Nowhere to be seen in Canton.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Line up prediction

Hennessey

Allen Ledley

Joniesta Ramsey Lawrence

Robson-Kanu
    Has Joniesta been getting much club game time Z? I haven't been paying attention. Quite liked the way King and Rambo were rotating against Georgia, but Cookie might need to try something new against ROI. I thought Vokes held the ball up really well for an hour before he started flagging. But you might be right with Hal. ROI have to come at us so we need more pace this time out to counter, so your changes make perfect sense.

The key for me is Allen and Ledley. They have to protect the second ball in between defence and midfield. I expect ROI to try and flood that space with perhaps their wide players tucking in and looking for knock ons and second balls. Ledley has to raise his game from the last outing. That is if he starts, which I think it will. Think this type of game could suit Ledley well so hopefully we see a really good and disciplined performance from him.

Think we need to let Rambo roam and exploit the pockets of space more than usual tonight. So long as we don't concede early, they will leave space as they have to come at us. For that reason, a conservative opening 15 / 20 is in order.