+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 1 REP of IRELAND. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 1 REP of IRELAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Nah I would just keep hammering until there was nothing left I think
    Can’t you hammer Barry Horne to a pulp when youve finished with McLean?

Re: WALES v REP of IRELAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Me neither. Or taking HRK off when we needed 2 goals
    Williams can't even get into a poor Sunderland side.

Woodburn for Allen would have injected more pace into the side with Ramsey dropping a bit deeper.

I rate Vokes more than HRK as in Vokes is a Prem league striker whereas HRK is a Prem league sub but we lack a quality striker - oh for an in prime Hughes/Rush with this squad.

New Goalkeeper needed. Hennessey is fecking shite.

Gutted.

Coleman deserves this for setting us up to start that way, I don't give a fck what any of you think.

If we can't beat that shower of shit we don't deserve to qualify. Think now is the time Coleman gives someone else a chance WTF he was doing taking hrk off I don't know

I guess if we can't beat Ireland we don't deserve to qualify.

Ah well, it'll be a shite World Cup anyway. Who the feck wants to go to Russia?

Proper football this weekend - roll on Friday.

Barely created a half chance. The better off without Bale comments were unbelievable really.

We are an average side with 2 very good players and 1 World Class player. To lose the world class player and say we wont miss him was daft. Then Allen gets the head injury and we are struggling. Saying that I dont think we were scoring anyway.

Vokes not starting was the wrong decision. Plenty of set pieces in the 1st half and we were no threat.

Dont get the Jonny Williams sub thing and a terrible error by Hennessy and also by Williams.

No excuses they done their job well. We got what we deserved.

Mugged.

I think he is right, we should just cancel the Balon D'or and give it to Meyler.

When another poor Gunter gross was blocked and ricocheted to Lawrence who then passed to Ramsay who shot over the stupid tw@t said a move straight off the training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Barely created a half chance. The better off without Bale comments were unbelievable really.

We are an average side with 2 very good players and 1 World Class player. To lose the world class player and say we wont miss him was daft. Then Allen gets the head injury and we are struggling. Saying that I dont think we were scoring anyway.

Vokes not starting was the wrong decision. Plenty of set pieces in the 1st half and we were no threat.

Dont get the Jonny Williams sub thing and a terrible error by Hennessy and also by Williams.

No excuses they done their job well. We got what we deserved.
    100% correct on all points

Its been an altogether frustrating qualifying campaign. The 3 results prior to tonight's disappointment encouraged us all to dream that Wales could still make the World Cup, but ultimately those 5 draws in a row, 4 of which Wales squandered the lead were what derailed this campaign.

Tonight's goal from McClean was just the exclamation point to highlight the disappointment, as it actually marks the first time during this entire campaign where Wales were actually trailing during a game.

Hopefully the next campaign will have a better outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Anti- football wins.
    We got what we deserved tonight..nothing.. We couldn't break them down. They new they would get 1 chance. They took it. Its a wind up. They just played a game plan. Boring. That's football.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    We got what we deserved tonight..nothing.. We couldn't break them down. They new they would get 1 chance. They took it. Its a wind up. They just played a game plan. Boring. That's football.
    Trying not to sound like A Wolves fan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    When another poor Gunter gross was blocked and ricocheted to Lawrence who then passed to Ramsay who shot over the stupid tw@t said a move straight off the training ground.
    I’m hindsight I wish I’d watched it on S4C.

That was a total no show. Thursday marks the 40th anniversary of when Wales failed to make a World Cup play-off place after losing at Anfield to the Jocks in what was technically a home fixture. Wales were woeful that night too.

A disappointing night (bar the awesome first anthem) but we were too sloppy in defence throughout the campaign to go through automatically and needing to win four out of four is not the position to be in for play-offs.

Don't look to blame anyone. We can analyse the game without losing our heads and rob ourselves of the positivity we have felt so frequently lately.

We lost together, we will win together in the future and we will (hopefully) qualify together.

There is a very good match summary in the Irish Times online by Ken Early. I think he has got it right:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...-off-1.3250116

David Meyler and Joe Allen’s collision looked innocuous but Allen stayed down. It turned out to be concussion. When Allen stumbled from the field Wales’ ability to play football went with him. With Allen on the pitch, Wales made it look so easy to find their forwards between the lines and spin it out to the flanks. Without him it was as though their guidance system had short-circuited. The sudden dramatic deterioration in Wales play was a reminder that in football we talk too much about managers and gameplans. It’s no use having a great gameplan if you don’t have the players who can make it work. By half-time it was clear that Ireland had successfully dragged Wales down to their level and it was anyone’s game.

Anyone else think the officiating was an absolute disgrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Anyone else think the officiating was an absolute disgrace?
    He was poor but we simply were not good enough. That performance was a million miles away from Belgium last summer. Ireland look like an average Championship side but won relatively comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He was poor but we simply were not good enough. That performance was a million miles away from Belgium last summer. Ireland look like an average Championship side but won relatively comfortably.
    Not discounting the fact that we were rubbish offensively, I just don't think we had any protection from the ref. If he had booked one of them for the earlier tackles on Allen, he might have stayed on the field and not have been clattered and knocked out.

We totally lacked creativity, Woodburn put in some great deliveries when he came on, shame he didn't start.

Deflated. Totally deflated

Still sucks this morning. There you go. I will look forward to the next campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Still sucks this morning. There you go. I will look forward to the next campaign.
    Yeah, unfortunately the next campaign is the UEFA Nations League 2018 and it's even more complicated than the bonkers campaign we've just endured. https://onlyonecardiff.city/threads/...ague-2018.322/