+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hollywood exposed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hollywood exposed

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Lefty? -What the actual f*ck has a political standpoint got to do with it?

I know a lot of people who would call themselves 'left' leaning, as well as people who are resolutely centrist and also few who would gladly confirm that they dress to the right.
    NOT ONE of any of them would condone paedophilia, nor any kind of abuse. You are a confused individual - get a grip.
    So political standpoints have zero to do with personal views whatsoever... makes perfect sense. I'm also glad you and the people you know live in the Hollywood bubble too.

Can you think of an alternate reason for the love and defence of Polanski amongst the Hollywood set?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So political standpoints have zero to do with personal views whatsoever... makes perfect sense. I'm also glad you and the people you know live in the Hollywood bubble too.

Can you think of an alternate reason for the love and defence of Polanski amongst the Hollywood set?

No, but I'm not going to label people of a particular political belief as abuse excusers.
    I suspect the phrase you have used : 'Hollywood set' has played a big part in this up until now, at last perhaps, it has started to look at itself, and has begun to turn itself in.

Also, IMO, in these days of worldwide Social Media, it is much harder for someone to have an unsavoury past/present, just get away with incidents ignored like maybe has happened in the past. Word gets out and it gets shared, and the people involved become emboldened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    No, but I'm not going to label people of a particular political belief as abuse excusers.
    I suspect the phrase you have used : 'Hollywood set' has played a big part in this up until now, at last perhaps, it has started to look at itself, and has begun to turn itself in.

Also, IMO, in these days of worldwide Social Media, it is much harder for someone to have an unsavoury past/present, just get away with incidents ignored like maybe has happened in the past. Word gets out and it gets shared, and the people involved become emboldened.
    I think it's more a cultural change in wider society. I don't believe for one second Hollywood has naval gazed and magically become wonderful people. Like I said, Polanski is still revered.

Weinstein has apologised and vaguely hinted at things. He'd not been charged AFAIK and certainly not convicted of anything at this point in time. People seem more willing these days to accept claims as fact without evidence - at the end of the day, until proven they are still allegations.

I'd agree about social media - far easier for people to throw allegations about without having to prove them. They then spread like wildfire - even if pulled they are still out there.

What worries me about that is the numbers going to social media, going to media without reporting to the police.