+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood exposed

Re: Hollywood exposed

Does this include me:---

Just thought I'd add these as a bit of balance and a reminder that you are not all sexual predators.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Does this include me:---

Just thought I'd add these as a bit of balance and a reminder that you are not all sexual predators.
    I dunno tbh, you did say I could sit on your lap so.. #MeToo

Of course it includes you, I know the difference between having a joke around and being sexually harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    #METOO: A MORAL PANIC ABOUT MEN
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...bout-men/20432
    "One journalist tweeted: ‘Reminder that if a woman didn’t post #MeToo, it doesn’t mean she wasn’t sexually assaulted or harassed. Survivors don’t owe you their story."

#METOO: SEEING SEXUAL HARASSMENT EVERYWHERE
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...erywhere/20433
    "We all know how this movie ends. The frenzy of accusation and airing of grievance will roll down the proverbial mountain like the proverbial snowball, collecting more people, more hazy definitions and more anecdotes in its wake. What the snowball will crush – what to a large extent it has already crushed – is normal, relaxed, even… can I say it?... flirtatious interactions between men and women."

I don't think this story is going to end with only the women being targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think this story is going to end with only the women being targeted.
    Not Lassie or Babe I hope.

Not condoning the behaviour involved but these women did have a choice here.

Surely it’s better to do the right thing and walk away than put up with it just to advance your career/get a part in a shit film etc?

I read yesterday about Jennifer Lawrence saying that some bloke made her and a bunch of others line up naked as part of an audition process. Now I may be wrong here but nobody forced her to do it. She could have simply turned around and said “**** you, I’d rather stack shelves in a supermarket than allow myself to be treated like that in order to get a part” but she (and loads of others) did it because they wanted a career.

We’re not talking about kids here who were told nobody would believe them, you’ll be taken away from your parents, the bad man will come and get you, people will say it’s your fault etc. - we’re talking about adults who knew what was happening wasn’t right but went along with it because they desperately wanted fame and fortune and were prepared to accept shit like this as part of the deal.

The sad part is that so many of these women put being famous over their own self respect. The even sadder part is that the women who then got that fame and were in a position to expose what was happening chose to stay quiet about it for fear of losing that fame.

As I said earlier, I’m not condoning what went on but these women did it for personal gain and this whole saga sums up what a cesspit the whole entertainment industry really is. The reality is that EVERYONE knew what was going on but most people were more concerned with keeping their noses in the trough and protecting their own (mainly financial) interests.

Olympic Gold Medal gymnast McKayla Maroney says team doctor molested her

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3570958

Fair play to Kevin Smith.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/17/kevi...alflow_twitter

Always been a marmite character to many and he openly owes his career to Weinstein so I think this is a great gesture from a genuine place of discomfort from him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Surely it’s better to do the right thing and walk away than put up with it just to advance your career/get a part in a shit film etc?

I read yesterday about Jennifer Lawrence saying that some bloke made her and a bunch of others line up naked as part of an audition process. Now I may be wrong here but nobody forced her to do it. She could have simply turned around and said “**** you, I’d rather stack shelves in a supermarket than allow myself to be treated like that in order to get a part” but she (and loads of others) did it because they wanted a career.

We’re not talking about kids here who were told nobody would believe them, you’ll be taken away from your parents, the bad man will come and get you, people will say it’s your fault etc. - we’re talking about adults who knew what was happening wasn’t right but went along with it because they desperately wanted fame and fortune and were prepared to accept shit like this as part of the deal.

The sad part is that so many of these women put being famous over their own self respect. The even sadder part is that the women who then got that fame and were in a position to expose what was happening chose to stay quiet about it for fear of losing that fame.

As I said earlier, I’m not condoning what went on but these women did it for personal gain and this whole saga sums up what a cesspit the whole entertainment industry really is. The reality is that EVERYONE knew what was going on but most people were more concerned with keeping their noses in the trough and protecting their own (mainly financial) interests.
    Agree with all of that, getting them to line up naked as part of an audition process is not really that surprising is it? if they are going to be naked in the film for example then they are going to want to know what they look like aren't they? I don't know how it works.

I have been looking at the #metoo campaign on fb ect and I find it very worrying tbh, women who have had successful careers and no problems all their lives are suddenly being "triggered" and becoming victims, why? if it's never bothered them before I can't see how it can affect them now, it's been made trendy to turn yourself in to a victim of some kind.

"How to Cope If You're Feeling Triggered by the #MeToo Movement"
    http://www.health.com/sexual-health/...acebook_health

When I was about 19 I was sexually harassed by a chef I worked with in a hotel, he would always follow me in to the store room, grab me and make suggestive comments, he was meant to be training me so whenever I asked his advice on anything he would open his arms and say things like "Come closer to me and I will explain" like a form of blackmail, he knew that I was keen to move out of my parents house too so he often offered to set me up in a flat of my own and pay the rent for me if he could pop round and sleep with me a couple of times a week.
    I repeatedly told him to f*ck off and started refusing to listen to him about anything while he was trying to put his arm around me at the same time so he had to stop eventually or I was never going to learn anything.

According to social media that makes me a victim but I don't agree with that, definition of victim:

A person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
    A person who is tricked or duped.
    A person who has come to feel helpless and passive in the face of misfortune or ill-treatment.

None of that applies to me, it has had no affect on my life whatsoever, just a life experience, if anything it made me a stronger person and made me stick up for myself more, I doubt that many of the women who have shared the me too hashtag are victims either tbh.

Agree with all of that, getting them to line up naked as part of an audition process is not really that surprising is it? if they are going to be naked in the film for example then they are going to want to know what they look like aren't they? I don't know how it works.

I have been looking at the #metoo campaign on fb ect and I find it very worrying tbh, women who have had successful careers and no problems all their lives are suddenly being "triggered" and becoming victims, why? if it's never bothered them before I can't see how it can affect them now, it's been made trendy to turn yourself in to a victim of some kind.

"How to Cope If You're Feeling Triggered by the #MeToo Movement"
    http://www.health.com/sexual-health/...acebook_health

When I was about 19 I was sexually harassed by a chef I worked with in a hotel, he would always follow me in to the store room, grab me and make suggestive comments, he was meant to be training me so whenever I asked his advice on anything he would open his arms and say things like "Come closer to me and I will explain" like a form of blackmail, he knew that I was keen to move out of my parents house too so he often offered to set me up in a flat of my own and pay the rent for me if he could pop round and sleep with me a couple of times a week.
    I repeatedly told him to f*ck off and started refusing to listen to him about anything while he was trying to put his arm around me at the same time so he had to stop eventually or I was never going to learn anything.

According to social media that makes me a victim but I don't agree with that, definition of victim:

A person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
    A person who is tricked or duped.
    A person who has come to feel helpless and passive in the face of misfortune or ill-treatment.

None of that applies to me, it has had no affect on my life whatsoever, just a life experience, if anything it made me a stronger person and made me stick up for myself more, I doubt that many of the women who have shared the me too hashtag are victims either tbh.
    Ya, pity you didn't learn to cook though !

PS:--- Steve text me and told me to say that.

What about all the young lads who just wanted to be football players and got abused for their troubles? You can't say it didn't affect anybody because many people don't want to speak out about it. Ditto the USA swimmers and gymnasts. People deal with things in different ways.

We also have young girls being groomed by inner-city asian gangs, boy scouts becoming victims of pedophiles, and the abuse of kids who are taken into care. Then there is the elephant in the room which is the use of children to blackmail politicians and other establishment figures.

The current Hollywood scandal is just an entry point into something that has been going on for a very long time, and it's about time this sick aspect of society was confronted head on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, pity you didn't learn to cook though !

PS:--- Steve text me and told me to say that.
    Did he really? I will knock him out when he gets back from the shop.

What about all the young lads who just wanted to be football players and got abused for their troubles? You can't say it didn't affect anybody because many people don't want to speak out about it. Ditto the USA swimmers and gymnasts. People deal with things in different ways.

We also have young girls being groomed by inner-city asian gangs, boy scouts becoming victims of pedophiles, and the abuse of kids who are taken into care. Then there is the elephant in the room which is the use of children to blackmail politicians and other establishment figures.

The current Hollywood scandal is just an entry point into something that has been going on for a very long time, and it's about time this sick aspect of society was confronted head on.
    I'm not saying there are no real victims, I'm just saying there are far too many people claiming to be victims just for the sake of it.

I'm not saying there are no real victims, I'm just saying there are far too many people claiming to be victims just for the sake of it.
    How on earth can you be in a position to conclude that?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Mrs R is one of those who believe the moon is made of cheese...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's how I see it from this position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Mrs R is one of those who believe the moon is made of cheese...
    Yep, completely mad and I couldn't give a flying **** who thinks it either.

I dunno tbh, you did say I could sit on your lap so.. #MeToo

Of course it includes you, I know the difference between having a joke around and being sexually harassed.
    The # symbol is known as "pound" in some parts of the world...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The # symbol is known as "pound" in some parts of the world...
    As long as it does not involve putting on pounds I don't care.

LAPD are also now investigating Weinstein.

The whole thing is rotten, and has been propped up by rotters and the disciples of rotten for decades. And the acceptors of rotten.
    Saddens me when I hear of people whose professional output I have enjoyed /admired get thrown in the frame, but nobody is above scrutiny, and if there has been substandard behaviour, they need to be exposed and cuffed.

Terry richardson is probably the least surprising news ever

His job satisfaction must be alright though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUnWIs88CQ

The P word keeps getting mentioned on Twitter, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.

Heisenberg

The P word keeps getting mentioned on Twitter, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.
    'President'?

It does all seem a bit 'inbox me hun x' to me. Showing your true colours and revealing experiences that made you vulnerable can be very brave but not if you are just doing it because everyone else is.

If Harvey Weistein looked like Brad Pitt I doubt half of his victims would have minded him being a grade A pervert. The fine line between welcome advance and disgusting comment is usually based quite significantly on when you find the other person attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It does all seem a bit 'inbox me hun x' to me. Showing your true colours and revealing experiences that made you vulnerable can be very brave but not if you are just doing it because everyone else is.

If Harvey Weistein looked like Brad Pitt I doubt half of his victims would have minded him being a grade A pervert. The fine line between welcome advance and disgusting comment is usually based quite significantly on when you find the other person attractive.
    It's true. In fact I've found this gives me carte blanche to go around touching women's arses and when they inevitably freak out I get to accuse them of being "uglyist".

Peter Whittingham?

I read yesterday about Jennifer Lawrence saying that some bloke made her and a bunch of others line up naked
    Pics?