+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood exposed

Re: Hollywood exposed

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I read yesterday about Jennifer Lawrence saying that some bloke made her and a bunch of others line up naked as part of an audition process.
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Pics?
    Not that the gender of the person responsible matters, but the story was that a female producer asked for the naked line-up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41664809

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41668106

'A New Low, Even For Weinstein': Another Woman Says Producer 'Orally Forced Himself On Me'

http://gothamist.com/2017/10/24/wein...allegation.php

So Spacey invited a 14 yr old and 17 yr old boy back to his, assaulted the 14 year old but it's ok, he's sorry, can't remember the incident but can remember being drunk on and by the way, look over here folks, look at the coming out part and not the assault bit...

Hollywood has always been full of hypocracy.

Producers use casting couch, actresses use casting couch to get what they wanted. Scandals, coverups ahoy. Vast majority in Hollywood complain about the hounding of the great artist Polanski. Ok, so he drugged and raped a 13 yr old girl, fled abroad to avoid being sent to prison.

Gary Glitter reviled, lefty luvvies love Polanski for his great work...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Producers use casting couch, actresses use casting couch to get what they wanted. Scandals, coverups ahoy. Vast majority in Hollywood complain about the hounding of the great artist Polanski. Ok, so he drugged and raped a 13 yr old girl, fled abroad to avoid being sent to prison.

Don’t forget Michael Jackson.

Paedos are ok as long as they can moonwalk and make cool videos.

Well, yeah, but Polanski is a better example from my perspective given him fleeing justice and having luvvies complaining about his "persecution".

Lefty? -What the actual f*ck has a political standpoint got to do with it?

I know a lot of people who would call themselves 'left' leaning, as well as people who are resolutely centrist and also few who would gladly confirm that they dress to the right.
    NOT ONE of any of them would condone paedophilia, nor any kind of abuse. You are a confused individual - get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Lefty? -What the actual f*ck has a political standpoint got to do with it?

I know a lot of people who would call themselves 'left' leaning, as well as people who are resolutely centrist and also few who would gladly confirm that they dress to the right.
    NOT ONE of any of them would condone paedophilia, nor any kind of abuse. You are a confused individual - get a grip.
    So political standpoints have zero to do with personal views whatsoever... makes perfect sense. I'm also glad you and the people you know live in the Hollywood bubble too.

Can you think of an alternate reason for the love and defence of Polanski amongst the Hollywood set?

Blog Entries

Or maybe because they have never been convicted of any crime?

"Why does everyone believe Kevin Spacey’s accuser rather than Kevin Spacey himself? In a civilised society, it would be the other way round. In a civilised society we would doubt the accuser and maintain the innocence of the accused. But increasingly we do not live in a civilised society. As demonstrated by the hysteria of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and the increasingly strange and narcissistic #metoo contagion, we live in a society where accusation is now proof. Where accusation alone can colour someone’s reputation beyond repair. I fear we haven’t yet registered how worrying, and terrifying, this state of affairs is."
    http://www.publish.spiked-online.com...innocent/20490

So political standpoints have zero to do with personal views whatsoever... makes perfect sense. I'm also glad you and the people you know live in the Hollywood bubble too.

Can you think of an alternate reason for the love and defence of Polanski amongst the Hollywood set?

No, but I'm not going to label people of a particular political belief as abuse excusers.
    I suspect the phrase you have used : 'Hollywood set' has played a big part in this up until now, at last perhaps, it has started to look at itself, and has begun to turn itself in.

Also, IMO, in these days of worldwide Social Media, it is much harder for someone to have an unsavoury past/present, just get away with incidents ignored like maybe has happened in the past. Word gets out and it gets shared, and the people involved become emboldened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    No, but I'm not going to label people of a particular political belief as abuse excusers.
    I suspect the phrase you have used : 'Hollywood set' has played a big part in this up until now, at last perhaps, it has started to look at itself, and has begun to turn itself in.

Also, IMO, in these days of worldwide Social Media, it is much harder for someone to have an unsavoury past/present, just get away with incidents ignored like maybe has happened in the past. Word gets out and it gets shared, and the people involved become emboldened.
    I think it's more a cultural change in wider society. I don't believe for one second Hollywood has naval gazed and magically become wonderful people. Like I said, Polanski is still revered.

Weinstein has apologised and vaguely hinted at things. He'd not been charged AFAIK and certainly not convicted of anything at this point in time. People seem more willing these days to accept claims as fact without evidence - at the end of the day, until proven they are still allegations.

I'd agree about social media - far easier for people to throw allegations about without having to prove them. They then spread like wildfire - even if pulled they are still out there.

What worries me about that is the numbers going to social media, going to media without reporting to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

"Why does everyone believe Kevin Spacey’s accuser rather than Kevin Spacey himself? In a civilised society, it would be the other way round. In a civilised society we would doubt the accuser and maintain the innocence of the accused. But increasingly we do not live in a civilised society. As demonstrated by the hysteria of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and the increasingly strange and narcissistic #metoo contagion, we live in a society where accusation is now proof. Where accusation alone can colour someone’s reputation beyond repair. I fear we haven’t yet registered how worrying, and terrifying, this state of affairs is."
    People often doubt the accuser, it's evident in this thread.

Kevin Spacey is probably the worst case to use this argument with as he doesn't even attempt to deny it; just shrugs and says maybe it happened, can't remember.

Spacey's "defence" is plain silly though.

"I don't remember it but apologies anyway I must have been drunk. Oh, did I forget to mention I'm gay? Please focus on the outing part rather than the alleged offence bit".

Maybe it was something to do with Bryan Singer's pool parties, or flying to remote islands with Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein on the Lolita Express? Or it could even be the photos that are floating around? Or as you say he could be innocent, but the word on the street is that a lot more is going to come out regarding him and others like him. As lardy said he hasn't denied it, which is what you would expect an innocent person to do.

So Spacey invited a 14 yr old and 17 yr old boy back to his, assaulted the 14 year old but it's ok, he's sorry, can't remember the incident but can remember being drunk on and by the way, look over here folks, look at the coming out part and not the assault bit...
    You can't say it is bad now you see as he is gay. So any attack on him is an attack on a gay person, therefore you are in the wrong............................................. ..............

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You can't say it is bad now you see as he is gay. So any attack on him is an attack on a gay person, therefore you are in the wrong............................................. ..............
    Purely deliberate on his part. Conflate alleged wrongdoing with sexual preference to deflect criticism.

OJ was found not guilty too.

Do you think Jackson wasn’t a paedophile?

Maybe he just liked having kids in his bed for company?

Purely deliberate on his part. Conflate alleged wrongdoing with sexual preference to deflect criticism.
    Exactly.

A shameful odious thing to do.

Somehow I don’t think the gay community will be welcoming this ‘revelation’

OJ was found not guilty too.

Do you think Jackson wasn’t a paedophile?

Maybe he just liked having kids in his bed for company?
    Well, OJ was found not guilty because his guilt wasn't proven.

When the lead detective on the case, asked if he fabricated evidence in this case took the 5th amendment to avoid incriminating himself... the case pretty much collapses, as it should do.

Well, OJ was found not guilty because his guilt wasn't proven.

When the lead detective on the case, asked if he fabricated evidence in this case took the 5th amendment to avoid incriminating himself... the case pretty much collapses, as it should do.
    He still did it though.

And got away with it.

Just like Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember this one:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...rs-122181.html

Wouldn’t it be refreshing if they just said “ok you got me, I was just looking for cock”