+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coleman out..

Blue in the Face

Re: Coleman out..

Coleman in.

Anyone can be a genius with hindsight. We were outstanding until Allen went off. All his choices were logical tonight and before tonight. The stars aligned for Ireland who were no way worth four points over two games. Allen and Bale have been our two mercurial players over the past half decade. To lose both for this decisive game is plain horrendous luck. We are a group that thrives on pulling ourselves up out of adversity, so let's stick together.

Coleman in.

I think he'd go to Swansea as well. Jesus, I'd have him with us if/when NW goes. He's done Wales proud.

I do wish he'd sort his mouth out though. He's like a puffer fish mun...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We are not England. We don't lose and then start to blame each other and look to get rid of this player or that.

We stand together. Analyse the game yes, but don't lose your heads. Chin up lads, we will come back stronger.
    Excellent post !!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Coleman in.

Anyone can be a genius with hindsight. We were outstanding until Allen went off. All his choices were logical tonight and before tonight. The stars aligned for Ireland who were no way worth four points over two games. Allen and Bale have been our two mercurial players over the past half decade. To lose both for this decisive game is plain horrendous luck. We are a group that thrives on pulling ourselves up out of adversity, so let's stick together.

Coleman in.
    Correct. Allen is irreplaceable and for what it's worth I thought Williams was one of our better players after he came on. Fact is Ireland got ahead because of a defensive cock up, not much Coleman could do about that. Without Bale we couldn't break them down and again it's not Coleman's fault our one world class player was out. Would Vokes really have made that much of a difference, or Edwards?

This is comfortably the best Wales team in my life time and you've got to give Coleman some of the credit for that

Coleman will be offered an extended contract by the FAW but will hold out to see if he gets an offer from a Premiership or top Championship club. Martin O'Neil is the better manager but I not sure if he wants a full time job. Giggs will replace Coleman if he goes, that's my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Coleman will be offered an extended contract by the FAW but will hold out to see if he gets an offer from a Premiership or top Championship club. Martin O'Neil is the better manager but I not sure if he wants a full time job. GIGGS will replace Coleman if he goes, that's my prediction.
    Will he turn up for friendlies

A disappointing evening.

I do think O'Neil got the better of Coleman last night. That was about as perfect an away performance as he realistically could have got out of his squad.

They sat deep knowing we can't break teams down, particularly without the quality of Bale. I wonder if how defensive they set up actually surprised us given that they absolutely needed to win.

They knew late on if it was tight they would have opportunities themselves, earlier in the group we gave up sloppy goals and the same happened last night.

Fair play to them.

It's been an amazing few years and Coleman will rightly be classed as one of our best ever managers.

For me the whole campaign has been disappointing off the back of France, we really needed to push on from that and we have failed to do so.

I feel at times in all sports we are so used to defeat that we accept it all too easily. This wasn't good enough unfortunately. I do think Coleman will move on, think tonight we ran out of ideas, he is still young and would probably also like a crack at club football again.

All the best to him if that's the case, unless it's Swansea.

Do I think that McLean deliberately took out Allen, of course I do but hell it is football not shove ha'penny. I believe he just intended to rough him up a bit, the fact that he had to leave the field was a bonus. After Allen departed we just lost our shape. Ramsey dropping back was a tactical disaster. Up until then he was playing well, after Allen left the field he was ineffectual. Johnny Williams did not do too badly but we needed Ramsey up front.
    With hindsight, playing Robson-Kanu ahead of Vokes was another big mistake. We needed Vokes' physicality against a very tough, no-nonsense Irish back four.
    Quite a few of the players on duty last night have past their sell but dates, particularly Ashley Williams and most definitely Andy King. Who gets to replace them is a job for the next manager as Coleman has taken this team as far as he is able.
    I confess that I am really gutted today as I was confident before the game and had hopes of first time visit to a World Cup. I guess I will just have to switch my support to Iceland now.

I think that Coleman has done his time, as much for his sake as well as Wales. 5 years is a long time in International football, he has achieved something great in his time, and the International team is in better shape for his work. Really at this point he has earned a decent club job.

I would hate to see Ryan Giggs get the job. He is not the sort of character i think would galvanise the team, he has always struck me as a selfish individual (which is great when you are a player, but not as good as when you are a manager). I don't really enjoy his insights as a pundit either.

Personally i would like to see someone come in from outside, to inject some fresh ideas into the squad, to work with what we have and to bring through the next generation. Use the time we have now to play some friendlies and to have a look at Woodburn, Ampadu and Brooks.

The reality is... Coleman came in, changed things from Speed, had a poor start. Started setting the side out the way Speed had and the results improved. He's had all the great work Speed did along with a golden generation of youngsters ( lacking a striker ). Put Coleman in at a Prem club now and let's see how long till he gets fired.

bang on fella iv never been a fan of Jack Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I think that Coleman has done his time, as much for his sake as well as Wales. 5 years is a long time in International football, he has achieved something great in his time, and the International team is in better shape for his work. Really at this point he has earned a decent club job.

I would hate to see Ryan Giggs get the job. He is not the sort of character i think would galvanise the team, he has always struck me as a selfish individual (which is great when you are a player, but not as good as when you are a manager). I don't really enjoy his insights as a pundit either.

Personally i would like to see someone come in from outside, to inject some fresh ideas into the squad, to work with what we have and to bring through the next generation. Use the time we have now to play some friendlies and to have a look at Woodburn, Ampadu and Brooks.
    "OUR NEIL" ! at least the delivery from corners and free kicks would improve

PS:---- When was the last time we scored from a corner (headed goal) or a crossed free kick (again a headed goal) ????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    "OUR NEIL" ! at least the delivery from corners and free kicks would improve

PS:---- When was the last time we scored from a corner (headed goal) or a crossed free kick (again a headed goal) ????
    Gareth Bale against Georgia home possibly. We are poor at the set piece, we are constantly hoping from the goals from outside the box (Lawrence vs Georgia, Woodburn against Austria), then there would be a game where you dont get that spectacular goal, and you make a mistake during the game and concede.

We are a long way from the days under Toshack, but now is the time to move on again in my opinion.

I dont think we can do it when we are dominating a game. We rely too much on counter attacking. I hate being favourites

I wish he just took a risk on woodburn or brooks. I didnt even know lawrence was on the field in the second half

then throws on a 17 year old. Desperate really wasnt it

I hope he stays though

I didnt even see the irish fans. I dont think we mixed much from what I saw.

Ireland are absolute shite though. Dreadful football

Sadly football was the loser last night as a dirty irish team and a weak ref managed to knock Wales out. Randolph time wasting was shocking and he should have received a booking long before he did.

As for Wales I dont understand while Vokes didnt start, we needed a target man as an option to just passing across the park and why play 4 central midfielders Ramsey, Allen, Ledley and King. How many times did the full backs put in a ball and there was no one back post. I said before the match that both Vokes and Robson-Kanu should have started with King on the bench as Ireland were always going to sit back and hope to score on the counter.

I think Coleman was improved this campaign and his change to 4 at the back for the Austria game was the right decision, but his substitutions are a bit predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Brilliant.

Still chuckling at that one.
    You chuckle, I'm still nodding.