+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hennessy to blame

Re: Hennessy to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Did you think it was intentional? I saw one angle and thought there was an intention to injure him.
    He led with his arm/shoulder.
    Of course it was intentional.
    Lucky there was a video ref to pick it up....Oh, wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    We shouldnt be blaming anyone though - they lost one game the whole campaign.

Irish thug football won on the night, with a weak referee. We should have sat back - as they needed to win more than us, we could have played a similar counter attacking game - that's what I would have liked to have seen anyway
    Agreed with your assessment about the ref and thug football.

Interesting thought about sitting back and trying to hit them on the break, giving more of a stalemate. We know we prefer playing teams that will have a go at us so we can hit them with pace, but when we have to break down a brick wall we struggle as we haven't quite got enough quality. I'm not sure Ireland would have decided to have a go at us for prolonged periods, their game plan involved us pushing forward. Had we decided to do the same, it could have made for a boring stalemate and little action, with neither side committing much in attack.

No point blaming individuals , we knew how they would play and we didn't do enough to win on the night, personally don't think Ireland deserved the win but took the one chance that came their way and like in the semi final of the Euros last year , once Wales fell behind didn't gave the guile or ability to get a goal !

I agree, no point dwelling but Hennessey was definitely at fault there. Time for Danny Ward to have a good go in a few friendlies now for me.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We cannot say together stronger for a number of years then as soon as we lose look for someone to blame.

We lost tonight, we lost together and we will come back together.
    Best post of the night

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    All match the prick was putting us under pressure. WTF???
    Yep and even after the goal he put Ramsey under similar pressure just outside our own box. I was shouting at him to punt the ball downfield just before he rolled the ball to Williams. He needs to be dropped.

Not hennesey fault we were playing the ball short all the time because didn't have a target. When you are doing it everytime you have to expect pressure and Williams is there because he can deal with the ball.

Most of the time we retained the ball well . We were just unlucky they took their one chance

Ward is Liverpool's third choice keeper until he gets regular first team football he cannot be considered Wales's no 1!

Last night wasn’t the reason we failed to qualify. It was conceding an 85th minute equaliser at home, and a 73rd minute equaliser away against Serbia, conceding a 57th minute equaliser home to Georgia and not beating Austria away after leading twice. Anyone who thought we’d qualify after 5 draws was living in cloud cuckoo land. To be fair, 5 draws is NOT qualifying form, and if it was someone else we’d be saying they didn’t deserve to go through.
    Anyway, on the bright side, anyone who wants a ticket for the next qualifiers will be able to get them. (How many British Lions Tops were there in the ground yesterday?)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Williams also at fault for trying to play the ball after Hennessy's stupid throw out
    Why do we need to blame individual players? Totally against what's done us so well the last 4 years. We are still doing well for such a small nation and will hopefully get a decent group for Euro qualification.

Williams also at fault for trying to play the ball after Hennessy's stupid throw out
    It was stupid but why did Williams momentarily stop trying? He just went to sleep and stopped. And by the time he woke up again, it was too late.

We gave them that goal. And what was worse, as that Ireland are a rubbish team - really poor.

Shame on us for not being able to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    agree.
    plus ramsey was piss poor
    He always is under pressure. And people think he should be playing for Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He always is under pressure. And people think he should be playing for Barcelona.
    On his day he is good enough to play for any side in the world. On last nights performance he wouldn't get into the Cardiff side.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Last night wasn’t the reason we failed to qualify. It was conceding an 85th minute equaliser at home, and a 73rd minute equaliser away against Serbia, conceding a 57th minute equaliser home to Georgia and not beating Austria away after leading twice. Anyone who thought we’d qualify after 5 draws was living in cloud cuckoo land. To be fair, 5 draws is NOT qualifying form, and if it was someone else we’d be saying they didn’t deserve to go through.
    Anyway, on the bright side, anyone who wants a ticket for the next qualifiers will be able to get them. (How many British Lions Tops were there in the ground yesterday?)
    A draw in Serbia was a decent result so saying that 'conceding a 73rd minute' over there is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Remember how we all laughed at the Wolves post match reaction
    Did you not see the game? Comparing the way Ireland play to the way Cardiff play is like comparing a stickman to the fckin Mona Lisa

What is so disappointing is the goal we conceded. Four players were at fault. Hennessey for rolling it out to Williams who had to wait for the ball to arrive by which time Hendricks was on him. He had to be quicker with his clearance. However with Davies close by the two of them should have dealt with it. Davies loses the tackle and unforgivably for a full back doesn’t chase back. Williams is also too slow to respond. The ball gets crossed and McClean is unmarked and scores. Why was no-one tracking back?

I cannot get my head around it. They should have been fighting and chasing everything yet concede like that.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did you not see the game? Comparing the way Ireland play to the way Cardiff play is like comparing a stickman to the fckin Mona Lisa
    Wouldn't have missed it for the world mate.

Just sour grapes, nothing over the top, unlike the Taylor tackle in the first game

The order of blame:

1. COLEMAN
    2. Williams (he has been overrated his whole career - even when he wasn't a professional)
    3. Ramsey (snooze control until we were 0-1 down, you wouldn't see Bale act this way)

But wait no Hennesay? no...because he is just playing at his shit level. Williams had a conscious decision to make when he decided to try and play it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do we need to blame individual players? Totally against what's done us so well the last 4 years. We are still doing well for such a small nation and will hopefully get a decent group for Euro qualification.
    There were a number of players who could have made different decisions last night or done better.
    Undoubtedly 'together stronger' is a great motto, albeit it hasn't worked so well this tournament.
    Why do I blame Hennessy?
    Because we were doing ok. We didn't look like scoring nor did we look like conceding. A draw would have been enough.
    And then with the ball in his hands and under no pressure to release it he threw it it to Williams who was immediately under pressure. Yes he should have done better. The mitigating factor being that it looked as if it would roll out of play and it didn't.
    Hennessy put his own defence under pressure when there was no need to.
    The result being a goal that turned the game.
    That's why I blame him.
    Yes, Lawrence's free kick was abysmal, as was Ramsey's. They should have done better but they didn't plan to to do badly.
    Hennessy, dwelt, he looked around him and then threw the ball to a player under pressure on the edge of his area. I for one was shouting don't do it. He did.
    That's why I blame him.

There were a number of players who could have made different decisions last night or done better.
    Undoubtedly 'together stronger' is a great motto, albeit it hasn't worked so well this tournament.
    Why do I blame Hennessy?
    Because we were doing ok. We didn't look like scoring nor did we look like conceding. A draw would have been enough.
    And then with the ball in his hands and under no pressure to release it he threw it it to Williams who was immediately under pressure. Yes he should have done better. The mitigating factor being that it looked as if it would roll out of play and it didn't.
    Hennessy put his own defence under pressure when there was no need to.
    The result being a goal that turned the game.
    That's why I blame him.
    Yes, Lawrence's free kick was abysmal, as was Ramsey's. They should have done better but they didn't plan to to do badly.
    Hennessy, dwelt, he looked around him and then threw the ball to a player under pressure on the edge of his area. I for one was shouting don't do it. He did.

That's why I blame him.
    I was shouting don’t do it too. Just one thing though. A draw was not enough. We had to win to make the play offs.

Ashley Williams is no stranger to making a massive hash of a small bit of pressure mind you.

Who else remembers this little beauty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXqf_YNyd4