+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joniesta!

Re: Joniesta!

im far from Jonny Williams biggest fan, but i wonder if people would be slagging him off if Robson-Kanus header from Willliams cross had gone in ?

I thought he was what we need, someone with a decent touch, technically good, eye for a pass, etc. David Edwards is none of the above. Ledley should have sat in front of the back 4, full backs pushed on high, crosses into he box, only way to beat a well organised defence.

Ramsey ended up far too deep. Woodburn Looked good when he came on, with hindsight would have started with him, allen, and ramsey close to our striker as possible.

Im more surprised that Andy King is being excused any criticism , he was very poor in my opnion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    im far from Jonny Williams biggest fan, but i wonder if people would be slagging him off if Robson-Kanus header from Willliams cross had gone in ?

I thought he was what we need, someone with a decent touch, technically good, eye for a pass, etc. David Edwards is none of the above. Ledley should have sat in front of the back 4, full backs pushed on high, crosses into he box, only way to beat a well organised defence.

Ramsey ended up far too deep. Woodburn Looked good when he came on, with hindsight would have started with him, allen, and ramsey close to our striker as possible.

Im more surprised that Andy King is being excused any criticism , he was very poor in my opnion.
    Great post. Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

Can't remember Andy King ever having a good game for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Can't remember Andy King ever having a good game for Wales.
    He’s a steady player , not what we needed against Ireland I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's an insult to the great man. Williams offers nothing
    Don't take it to heart mate it's just a fans song and nothing serious about it nobody really believes he's as good as Iniesta
    Same as who needs Cantona when we got Stantona chant

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Don't take it to heart mate it's just a fans song and nothing serious about it nobody really believes he's as good as Iniesta
    Same as who needs Cantona when we got Stantona chant
    Stand won us promotion. What the **** has Williams ever done?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Stand won us promotion. What the **** has Williams ever done?
    Don't matter it was still only a tongue in cheek chant.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Don't matter it was still only a tongue in cheek chant.
    Its not just a song though is it numb nuts? Its also a nickname. Tongue in cheek or not, its not a deserved one, unlike Stants.

Maybe Vokes should have gone on when Allen was injured and played 4.2.3.1 with Ledley and King as holding players?

It was a crazy and costly decision to put Ramsey at the back, Ireland hardly attacked and we had to win?
    Jon Williams did create the best chance we had but like Lawrence he kept wandering infield instead of staying on the wing to get behind the Irish packed defence?