+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joniesta!

Joniesta!

That's an insult to the great man. Williams offers nothing

Re: Joniesta!

Worst substitution since Elvis swapped low fat Turkey breast sandwiches for peanut butter, bacon and banana fried sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's an insult to the great man. Williams offers nothing
    Did more than Ramsey who was dreadful tonight

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Ramsey at least got involved.

Short and bald. That’s where the similarities end.

Ramsay was awful. But Williams can barely get a game at club level wherever he has played.

I thought he offered more than Lawrence Ramsey and Ledley in the second half. Kanu might've scored that header and at least Williams was bringing the ball forward.

Collectively, the manager & side were not good enough tonight, it’s been a great campaign and its gutting yet again, we should be used to it by now but it still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought he offered more than Lawrence Ramsey and Ledley in the second half. Kanu might've scored that header and at least Williams was bringing the ball forward.
    Ramsey was moved back to accommodate him though which totally stifled him.

Not only did we lose Allen we lost Ramsey as an attacking midfielder as well. With Bale also out that’s our 3 best players.

Easy to say sitting watching it on TV but it was a bad call imo

Exactly how i saw it. Ramsey was dreadfull but we really missed a decent striker tonight

I agree about Ramsey having to drop deep due to Allen going off, but his set pieces were woeful, he played the wrong pass tomoften, or just gave it away/ran it out. It's only one game but it was a crucial one.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    This is what I saw too.

Joniesta is great at what he does but it won't always be enough. Tonight it almost was for 20-30 minutes (if not more) but there was also times when Ireland swallowed him whole.

Disappointing night but we come back together.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Not only did we lose Allen we lost Ramsey as an attacking midfielder as well. With Bale also out that’s our 3 best players.

Absolutely spot on.

I agree about Ramsey having to drop deep due to Allen going off, but his set pieces were woeful, he played the wrong pass tomoften, or just gave it away/ran it out. It's only one game but it was a crucial one.
    Our set pieces including Ledley were awful. That one near the end Ramsey tried to shoot from 30 years was ridiculous. Can’t defend that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Joniesta is great at what he does but it won't always be enough. Tonight it almost was for 20-30 minutes (if not more) but there was also times when Ireland swallowed him whole.

Can we stop calling him Joniesta. Please.

Our set pieces including Ledley were awful. That one near the end Ramsey tried to shoot from 30 years was ridiculous. Can’t defend that.
    I knew he was going to shoot. Bale would have done the same. It was a response to knowing that putting the ball into the box was going to be a waste of time/the onus is on me and I'm the only one who can score.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Im not sure Johnny is great at anything he does. Hes got some natural ability but not sure he is great at anything. He had a few ok moments but his flying through the air when barely touched by Arter somes him up. Very lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I knew he was going to shoot. Bale would have done the same. It was a response to knowing that putting the ball into the box was going to be a waste of time/the onus is on me and I'm the only one who can score.
    After Allen went off and the game wore on I think Ramsey crumbled under the burden, especially when they scored.

Just glad Serbia scored tbh as the what might have been would have been even tougher to swallow.

Spot on. Edwards was the natural choice, maybe he is carrying a knock?

After Allen went off and the game wore on I think Ramsey crumbled under the burden, especially when they scored.

Just glad Serbia scored tbh as the what might have been would have been even tougher to swallow.
    Very true. Ramsey was the only top class attacking option we had. Too much for his shoulders, understandably.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I thought he was being kept back in case Ledley needed to be pulled off?

He thought he was playing for Brazil the other night!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Edwards is fit as far as I am aware. Ramsey was playing way too deep. Often collecting the ball well inside our own half. A bad bad night.

He's shite, always has been.

When he came on to replace Allen it really hit home to me how skin deep our squad is.