+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Every Cloud ?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Every Cloud ?

Now that's over we can look forward to being 'entertained' by England again next summer.

Feeling very positive about Wales' future with new talent ready to step up.

Since Ampadu & Brooks were unused subs in the last 2 qualifiers ... does that mean they cannot represent England in future?

Bellamy to replace Coleman?

Re: Every Cloud ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Now that's over we can look forward to being 'entertained' by England again next summer.

Feeling very positive about Wales' future with new talent ready to step up.

Since Ampadu & Brooks were unused subs in the last 2 qualifiers ... does that mean they cannot represent England in future?

Bellamy to replace Coleman?
    They have to play or they can be poached.

When’s our next friendly so we can give these lads a run out?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They have to play or they can be poached.
    Thought that may be the case.

Every cloud at least we don’t have to run the gauntlet in Russia next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Friendlies don't tie a player to a country. Ampadu could, theoretically, play for Wales in a friendly next month and England would still be able to call him up for Russia in the summer. However, I think there are unwritten rules between the Home Nations to stop this from happening.

Weve always got a chance with a fully fit Bale.

Going forward our centre halves worry me. Williams looks like hes going downhill rapidly. What will he be like one year from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Going forward our centre halves worry me. Williams looks like hes going downhill rapidly. What will he be like one year from now?
    True.

Agreed. Wonder who will act as bodyguards for the England (and Wolves) fans?

Actually this is a good point. The last few games have seen us look shaky at the back. Williams is in poor form for Everton at the moment, and he is not the same player from 18 months ago. That said, maybe a flat back 4 is not something that suits him either?

Don't think Ashley was entirely to blame for the goal. May have another tournament in him. What we need is another 'John Charles or Toshack' to surface.

In the right team Christian Doidge of Forest Green Rovers could be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Actually this is a good point. The last few games have seen us look shaky at the back. Williams is in poor form for Everton at the moment, and he is not the same player from 18 months ago. That said, maybe a flat back 4 is not something that suits him either?
    It seemed more than that. He seems to struggle getting in aerial challenges. Looks as if hes jumping in lead boots. Cant recall one challenge where he won the ball and cleared it well away with his head. Chester isnt dominant in the air either. Its no wonder we didnt look like any sort of threat at set pieces.

And we get to see England running away and I can’t see the Russian old bill doing much to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    We build our foundation on a back 5, but in our opening games in the group, we conceded more goals as a back 5.

Don't think Ashley was entirely to blame for the goal. May have another tournament in him. What we need is another 'John Charles or Toshack' to surface.

In the right team Christian Doidge of Forest Green Rovers could be worth a look.
    No Hennessy was the main culprit. But he should have hit it away and then he should have done better getting back.

No Hennessy was the main culprit. But he should have hit it away and then he should have done better getting back.
    What of Williams? Did he need to think he was Franz Beckenbauer or should he have belted the thing away?

Lay off the glue

I reckon I can get together 11 people to play for 90 minutes tomorrow. Do you want to referee?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I reckon I can get together 11 people to play for 90 minutes tomorrow. Do you want to referee?
    I’ll play no.10 just off Christian Doidge.