+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

We are mentally too weak. That was an utter bottle job tonight
    Northern Ireland, Ireland, Iceland and Scotland have all reached the World Cup finals in the past thirty odd years but we bottle it every time.
    Why did the FAW allow the Irish 10% of tickets when they only gave us 5%?
    How thick is Hennessey? In the first half he kept rolling the ball short putting the defender under pressure with the inevitable hurried back pass to him. Hennessey then had to rush his clearance. I was screaming st him to kick downfield when yet again he rolled the ball to Williams putting him in all sorts of trouble and resulting in their eventual goal. Unbelievably he did the same with Ramsey a while later which could easily have led to another goal.

We were feeble tonight against dire opponents.

Just one other point. I always buy a match day programme and having waited in a very long queue to buy one discovered the programmes were all sold out. This was forty minutes before kick off. **** off to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are mentally too weak. That was an utter bottle job tonight
    Northern Ireland, Ireland, Iceland and Scotland have all reached the World Cup finals in the past thirty odd years but we bottle it every time.
    Why did the FAW allow the Irish 10% of tickets when they only gave us 5%?
    How thick is Hennessey? In the first half he kept rolling the ball short putting the defender under pressure with the inevitable hurried back pass to him. Hennessey then had to rush his clearance. I was screaming st him to kick downfield when yet again he rolled the ball to Williams putting him in all sorts of trouble and resulting in their eventual goal. Unbelievably he did the same with Ramsey a while later which could easily have led to another goal.

We were feeble tonight against dire opponents.
    It's taken me 3 days to even think about football - ignored all media and all football conversation - even watched bake off with the missus - but read this and you're spot on. We bottled it. And can someone please answer the question why were there so many bloody Irish there in our stadium. The night didn't feel right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    It's taken me 3 days to even think about football - ignored all media and all football conversation - even watched bake off with the missus - but read this and you're spot on. We bottled it. And can someone please answer the question why were there so many bloody Irish there in our stadium. The night didn't feel right from the start.
    As soon as the Irish gave us just 5% of their ticket allocation the FAW should have kicked off big time. We should have given them 5% too. They would have made a damn sight less noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Like when we played Scotland at 'home' at anfield in 77. We were supposed to be the home side and the ground was full of jocks except for one corner behind the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Like when we played Scotland at 'home' at anfield in 77. We were supposed to be the home side and the ground was full of jocks except for one corner behind the goal.
    And what a night that was chaos and blood everywhere and not just us.