+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would City have beaten those 2 teams last night?

Would City have beaten those 2 teams last night?

I was really disappointed with the quality of football on display last night. Ireland were very resolute and defended very well but going forward they resembled a Russell Slade team, whereas we resembled Cardiff under Trollope, keeping the ball with absolutely no imagination and cutting edge.

I must admit that the club football we are privileged to watch at the moment is far superior to the shit I watched last night.

Re: Would City have beaten those 2 teams last night?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was really disappointed with the quality of football on display last night. Ireland were very resolute and defended very well but going forward they resembled a Russell Slade team, whereas we resembled Cardiff under Trollope, keeping the ball with absolutely no imagination and cutting edge.

I must admit that the club football we are privileged to watch at the moment is far superior to the shit I watched last night.
    Funnily enough I had the same conversation with my mate after the game. I think city would’ve beaten either team easily

Well, there's no way Ireland would have scored a goal like that against City - our keeper has the ball, we're under no pressure whatsoever and then about seven or eight seconds later, the ball is in our net, it just wouldn't happen with a Warnock team.

I reckon City v Ireland would have finished 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, there's no way Ireland would have scored a goal like that against City - our keeper has the ball, we're under no pressure whatsoever and then about seven or eight seconds later, the ball is in our net, it just wouldn't happen with a Warnock team.

I reckon City v Ireland would have finished 0-0.
    City are a lot more threatening from set pieces than Wales. I think we might sneak it against either. The way Allen played first half he is a good few levels above our midfield though.

I think Zohore, Hoilett, Mendez Laing, Bamba and probably Gunnarsson / Ralls on this seasons form would have improved us last night. As a team however I think City would have had more pace and power than either.

Add Bale and Allen to the Welsh team and it's superior of course it is but without it starts to look weak.

I think Brechin City would have pushed both teams close.

Read somewhere (BBC I think) that this game had the most aerial battles out of every World Cup qualifier this campaign. It was painful too watch and the lack of quality was shocking from both teams.

Zohore and Mendez-Laing are a class apart from everyone who was on the pitch last night in their respective positions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Zohore and Mendez-Laing are a class apart from everyone who was on the pitch last night in their respective positions.
    Indeed. And we could’ve done with Bamba in midfield

No.

Wales at home and then Ireland away as long as we don't go by bus.

I think we are fooling ourselves if we think City would beat teams that contain mostly Premiership players! Let's get to the Premiership first? Zohore is is star for us but can't get in the Denmark team, kept out by Cornelius!

Yes. Wales kept the ball and did nothing. City would have attacked with pace and I don't think they would have been able to stop us scoring. And Morrison would have bossed the defence.

First Team

Didn't see the match last night but I would say almost certainly. International teams are hampered by a lack of understanding, preparation time and normally a balanced selection due to unfamiliarity.
    Compare that to the City in the current state and I would say we would even give a game to the real class acts of the international sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Didn't see the match last night but I would say almost certainly. International teams are hampered by a lack of understanding, preparation time and normally a balanced selection due to unfamiliarity.
    Compare that to the City in the current state and I would say we would even give a game to the real class acts of the international sides.
    You think City could give the likes of Spain, Germany, Brazil a game?!?!?

Get real man

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Mendez Laing a class apart from Robbie Brady and James McLean?!?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Get real man
    We beat Wolves so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I think we are fooling ourselves if we think City would beat teams that contain mostly Premiership players! Let's get to the Premiership first? Zohore is is star for us but can't get in the Denmark team, kept out by Cornelius!
    Some of the most deluded responses I’ve ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We beat Wolves so why not?
    Good point. Well made. I stand corrected.

First Team

Get real man
    The question was if City would beat the teams that played last night .

However, I do think Real Madrid would beat Spain, Bayern beat Germany Etc.

The question was if City would beat the teams that played last night .

However, I do think Real Madrid would beat Spain, Bayern beat Germany Etc.
    I know what the question was, I’m talking about the part of your answer that said

“I would say we would even game to the real class acts of the international sides”

First Team

I know what the question was, I’m talking about the part of your answer that said

“I would say we would even game to the real class acts of the international sides”
    Yes ,I do.

I was wondering then came I certainly think we would have competed very well against each side.

I dislike International football most games are bloody boring, nationalstic flag waving emotions cloud the reality that the football dished up is mind numbing .

Yes ,I do.
    You should support Wolves with that level of delusion

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was wondering then came I certainly think we would have competed very well against each side.

I dislike International football most games are bloody boring, nationalstic flag waving emotions cloud the reality that the football dished up is mind numbing .
    I’d do away with it. These breaks are a pain in the arse.

Possibly but I don't think it's right to compare. I wouldn't might finding Zohore's and gunnarson's Welsh roots mind.