+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey man of the match according to western mail !!!!!

Ramsey man of the match according to western mail !!!!!

Jesus Christ he had a stinker , what are they on down there ?!

Re: Ramsey man of the match according to western mail !!!!!

With Bale out, we still had the best player on the pitch on paper by a country mile in Ramsey. We really needed him to step up to the plate and lead the way. As you say, he had a stinker!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    With Bale out, we still had the best player on the pitch on paper by a country mile in Ramsey. We really needed him to step up to the plate and lead the way. As you say, he had a stinker!
    It didn't help they played him at 4 instead of 10. The Jonny Williams sub lost us the game. We put our best player where he couldn't win us the game and we lost our next best player in Allen.

Allen was probably MOM and he played 15 mins. Perhaps Robson-Kanu for the only shot on target?

I'd agree. Allen would have been our man of the match. Overall thought Meyler for them did well.

I'm not a Ledley fan but thought he had a really good game.

Not a huge fan of international sideways defensive minded,safety first, possession football , however what I did notice in the first half Wales were more organised in their approach play , lacked any real penalty box threat, IE the Rush type player.

Allen was the key for us and them ,Irish new that beforehand, and took care of that, and Wales were suspect defending from crosses and a goal was all they wanted , and got , the Irish closed up shop in the knowledge we were unlikely to threaten without the Bale threat .

I couldn't watch that type of football week in and week out. and I guess these dramatic crowd atmospheres would drain away eventually, if you did .

Bring in the youth now for full games ,time to start again ,become more expansive .

Phew , bring on the Championship .

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Should ask the same question to you Sludge - what are you on down there yourself ?

Given the players on the pitch, I'd say it was Ramsey that was mom. I thought Ramsey and the rest of them played as expected - given the opposition. I would have sat back like the Irish did, I would have played Taylor - and asked him to take some for the team - they would have been lining up to get one back on Taylor and would have had at least 1 red card because of it.

The Ref was the one who had a bit of a stinker. Good luck to the Irish should they happen to meet Italy, Portugal, Croatia etc,
    How can you say Ramsey was MOM? I don't think he got into the opposition box once from open play!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Jesus Christ he had a stinker , what are they on down there ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not a huge fan of international sideways defensive minded,safety first, possession football , however what I did notice in the first half Wales were more organised in their approach play , lacked any real penalty box threat, IE the Rush type player.

Allen was the key for us and them ,Irish new that beforehand, and took care of that, and Wales were suspect defending from crosses and a goal was all they wanted , and got , the Irish closed up shop in the knowledge we were unlikely to threaten without the Bale threat .

I couldn't watch that type of football week in and week out. and I guess these dramatic crowd atmospheres would drain away eventually, if you did .

Bring in the youth now for full games ,time to start again ,become more expansive .

Phew , bring on the Championship .
    Agree, now is the time to start with Woodburn and give game time to the likes of Brooks, Ampadu and Wilson. Whilst the likes of Ben Davies, Allen, Bale, Ramsey have still got a few years left in them yet on the international stage, whilst Tom Lawrence is still learning at international level.

The likes of Gunter, Williams, Chester, King, Ledley, Voke and HRK won't be around for the next World cup so the sooner these talented youngsters and eased in to learn from the experienced internationals the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agree, now is the time to start with Woodburn and give game time to the likes of Brooks, Ampadu and Wilson. Whilst the likes of Ben Davies, Allen, Bale, Ramsey have still got a few years left in them yet on the international stage, whilst Tom Lawrence is still learning at international level.

The likes of Gunter, Williams, Chester, King, Ledley, Voke and HRK won't be around for the next World cup so the sooner these talented youngsters and eased in to learn from the experienced internationals the better.
    Ben Davies has at least 10 years mate, he's only 24! Gunter, Chester, Vokes and HRK will definitely be around but it'll be their quality that will have to maintain to take them through another World Cup campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Should ask the same question to you Sludge - what are you on down there yourself ?

Given the players on the pitch, I'd say it was Ramsey that was mom. I thought Ramsey and the rest of them played as expected - given the opposition. I would have sat back like the Irish did, I would have played Taylor - and asked him to take some for the team - they would have been lining up to get one back on Taylor and would have had at least 1 red card because of it.

The Ref was the one who had a bit of a stinker. Good luck to the Irish should they happen to meet Italy, Portugal, Croatia etc,
    Ramsey MOM??Really?

New manager and backroom as well perhaps ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    New manager and backroom as well perhaps ??
    Rambo was left on his own for 75mins.
    I only realised Andy King was on the pitch was when he was subbed,
    No Joe and no Gareth made the task almost impossible,

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I also keen to watch Ledley in midfield, as some were so keen to buy him , at times he was just walking around or jogging into triangle space in his own half at times ,and looking happy to do so , guess he's not fully fit ,and its been two games on the trot , however i'm so glad we didn't commit to buying him , great servant for Wales , he may find the Championship a bit tough this year, international football and Premiership does gives you a lot more time on the ball ,unlike the frenzy of the Championship

Blue in the Face

Rambo had a stinker for Rambo's standards he looked set have a bad one in any position. A lot of hindsight championship manager geniuses saying that Joniesta shouldn't have come on based on preconceived ideas about Jonny as a player. But the way I saw it, he was one of our best players if you take last night at face value. He also was possibly the most likely source to carve an opening.

Nine times out of ten, when Ash lost the ball for the goal the ball goes out of play. Coleman got nothing wrong. It was just not our night on the both occasions we played the Irish. We're they worth four points to our two?

We just aren't good enough. If we'd picked up a few more points earlier in the competition we could have still lost last night and got through to at least the play offs. We don't seem to have a decent goalscorer, I would have though Cokes should have started last night. Also , I think, as a team we need everyone to play well to get a good result, last night very few played well at all, and Ramsey was not good, but he wasn't;t alone. I don't blame Hennessy , rather Williams for their goal. Two poor teams on show and we lost when all we had to do was keep a clean sheet. Still there's always the Euros next time.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We just aren't good enough. If we'd picked up a few more points earlier in the competition we could have still lost last night and got through to at least the play offs. We don't seem to have a decent goalscorer, I would have though Cokes should have started last night. Also , I think, as a team we need everyone to play well to get a good result, last night very few played well at all, and Ramsey was not good, but he wasn't;t alone. I don't blame Hennessy , rather Williams for their goal. Two poor teams on show and we lost when all we had to do was keep a clean sheet. Still there's always the Euros next time.
    Err, youre wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Would agree with most of that apart from James Chester who is a class act and should still be around in four years time.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Andy King is simply not good enough. We rarely win when he plays. He has a poor first touch and is at best an average passer.

So far we have read that the following players are shit:

Hennessy, Williams, Ramsey, King, Davies, HRK, Jonny Williams. No doubt I have missed Gunter, Chester, Lawrence, Allen and other beig slated as well. If I was lucky enough to be a Welsh football player, what an utter joy it would be to have any of you alongside me in the dressingroom after the game.

So far we have read that the following players are shit:

Hennessy, Williams, Ramsey, King, Davies, HRK, Jonny Williams. No doubt I have missed Gunter, Chester, Lawrence, Allen and other beig slated as well. If I was lucky enough to be a Welsh football player, what an utter joy it would be to have any of you alongside me in the dressingroom after the game.
    I didn't say Rambo was shit but no way was he man of the match and in my opinion he had a shocker

I didn't say Rambo was shit but no way was he man of the match and in my opinion he had a shocker
    Don’t bite Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t bite Sludge
    That's what all the women say to me

#TogetherStronger