+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #TogetherStronger

#TogetherStronger

Remember that from last year?

Could be well worth remembering it again today.

We win together, we lose together - As a team and not as individuals.

#TogetherStronger

Re: #TogetherStronger

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

#TogetherStronger
    Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well said that man
    It's a real pity you were slating Ramsey earlier, then.

And so it begins

Any need ? I mean really any need ?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Any need ? I mean really any need ?
    No - There was absolutely no need for anyone to slate any of the TEAM.

#TogetherStronger
    Well said. My thoughts exactly. Some of the comments I’ve seen on this board are ludicrous.

No - There was absolutely no need for anyone to slate any of the TEAM.
    It was a dismal performance. We have never properly qualified for a World Cup finals. We gave away a dreadful goal through complacency and a lack of effort. We lost to a poor side. Simply not good enough. So sorry but I will criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It was a dismal performance. We have never properly qualified for a World Cup finals. We gave away a dreadful goal through complacency and a lack of effort. We lost to a poor side. Simply not good enough. So sorry but I will criticise.
    You miss my point altogether though. I agree the TEAM were comparatively poor last night but to pick on individuals, as some have chosen to do, is not the way to do it.

#TogetherStronger

You miss my point altogether though. I agree the TEAM were comparatively poor last night but to pick on individuals, as some have chosen to do, is not the way to do it.

#TogetherStronger
    Croesy I am not going to get in an argument with you but take a look at the goal. For the life of me I cannot understand why each and every player wasn’t busting a gut. Look at the players we have produced over the past 30 odd years. Compare them with Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland and Ireland. Why have we continually failed to qualify in that time yet all these others have?

Croesy I am not going to get in an argument with you but take a look at the goal. For the life of me I cannot understand why each and every player wasn’t busting a gut. Look at the players we have produced over the past 30 odd years. Compare them with Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland and Ireland. Why have we continually failed to qualify in that time yet all these others have?
    Scotland haven’t qualified for a World Cup since 1990. When they were qualifying in the late 70s through to 1990 they had world class players such as Souness, Dalglish, Hansen.etc and had far more depth to their squads than we ever did / currently have.
    Yes we’ve come up short a few times but it’s not like we’ve ever had a complete squad of players. Even this current squad is clearly lacking in quality in certain positions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Scotland haven’t qualified for a World Cup since 1990. When they were qualifying in the late 70s through to 1990 they had world class players such as Souness, Dalglish, Hansen.etc and had far more depth to their squads than we ever did / currently have.
    Yes we’ve come up short a few times but it’s not like we’ve ever had a complete squad of players. Even this current squad is clearly lacking in quality in certain positions.
    The number of Welsh internationals playing regularly in the Premier League (or La Liga!) is testament to this. Our back up players are Championship or lower standard.

I agree that emotions are running high and yes, we win together we lose together. Some comments probably have been a bit ott but I don’t see a problem in highlighting those areas of the squad where we’re a bit week or discussing why we think we lost or even those players who underperformed.
    It’s a football message board for goodness sake it’s not like we’re outside the team hotel with torches and pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree that emotions are running high and yes, we win together we lose together. Some comments probably have been a bit ott but I don’t see a problem in highlighting those areas of the squad where we’re a bit week or discussing why we think we lost or even those players who underperformed.
    It’s a football message board for goodness sake it’s not like we’re outside the team hotel with torches and pitchforks.
    Whitts 4

Whitts 4
    Just spat my tea out

Scotland had some cracking players but no more than we have had over the past 30 odd years. You just cannot compare the likes of Northern Ireland with the players we have produced yet they are a play off away from their third World Cup finals since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The number of Welsh internationals playing regularly in the Premier League (or La Liga!) is testament to this. Our back up players are Championship or lower standard.
    Didn’t we have a couple of League Of Wales players play for us in the 90s and noughties? Did Gary Lloyd ever get a cap?

Scotland had some cracking players but no more than we have had over the past 30 odd years. You just cannot compare the likes of Northern Ireland with the players we have produced yet they are a play off away from their third World Cup finals since 1982.
    Neither Scotland or Northern Ireland have done anything for the last 30 years?!? No more than us.

We got to a semi final of a major tournament and we’ve qualified for a World Cup play off slbeit we lost but so could Northern Ireland lose theirs.

The NI team that qualified for 82 and 86 had some good players. Whiteside, O Neill, Armstrong, Jennings, Mcllory. Golden generation.

Neither Scotland or Northern Ireland have done anything for the last 30 years?!? No more than us.

We got to a semi final of a major tournament and we’ve qualified for a World Cup play off slbeit we lost but so could Northern Ireland lose theirs.

The NI team that qualified for 82 and 86 had some good players.
    Hmm thought the 82/86 Norn Irish sides had plenty of journeymen. Whiteside was decent,Donaghy,Armstrong,Hamilton were ok but they had few top flight regulars in their squad. When you think of the players we have produced it’s very frustrating.
    Bale will have one more chance of making the World Cup finals. I felt very sorry for Ashley Williams. He looked visibly upset last night and will never play in a World Cup finals.

Hmm thought the 82/86 Norn Irish sides had plenty of journeymen. Whiteside was decent,Donaghy,Armstrong,Hamilton were ok but they had few top flight regulars in their squad. When you think of the players we have produced it’s very frustrating.
    Bale will have one more chance of making the World Cup finals. I felt very sorry for Ashley Williams. He looked visibly upset last night and will never play in a World Cup finals.
    There’s better Welsh players than him who never achieved that. I’d feel more sorry for likes of Rushy, Sparky and Big Nev. At least Ash went to a major finals.

We’ve produced some good players but not that many top, top players imo. We’ve never had a strong enough squad imo weve always had to compliment the top players with average joes. 1994 was probably our strongest squad and we were a penalty kick from reaching the finals.

We didn’t play well enough this campaign, we struggled with injuries or suspensions to key players and just don’t have the strength in depth to back up when the key ones are injured or struggling with form.

There’s better Welsh players than him who never achieved that. I’d feel more sorry for likes of Rushy, Sparky and Big Nev. At least Ash went to a major finals.

We’ve produced some good players but not that many top, top players imo. We’ve never had a strong enough squad imo weve always had to compliment the top players with average joes. 1994 was probably our strongest squad and we were a penalty kick from reaching the finals.

We didn’t play well enough this campaign, we struggled with injuries or suspensions to key players and just don’t have the strength in depth to back up when the key ones are injured or struggling with form.
    The problem I have with that is that Norn Ireland have had far less strength in depth than we have but are on the verge of a third World Cup finals in 36 years. Of course the likes of Rush,Hughes,Saunders, Giggs, Ratcliffe, Southall and Toshack are more deserving of sympathy because they never made it to a major finals. A great shame.

Oh he was poor and no way man of the match

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh he was poor and no way man of the match
    Last word of slatin* players to you then Paul.

Ramsey WAS poor, at least by his own high standards.
    I don’t see that as slating him tbh

There have been a lot of posts last night and today picking out individual players. Far too many, in my opinion. We are a team, as
    one.