+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simon Lappin - Remember Him

Re: Simon Lappin - Remember Him

Bob was it ability or attitude with him? Don't think he had the skill of a Ravel or even a Jeanne but he could play a bit couldn't he?

Walton was a Leeds United wonderkid and tipped to be an England regular, if not captain.

His fall from grace was spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Didn't attitude problems follow him around or was that another guy who could have been good that came from Norwich. I think im thinking of a midfielder now thinking about it who might have played for Charlton as well. Somebody might know who I mean.
    T.watt I think you're thinking of

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Walton was a Leeds United wonderkid and tipped to be an England regular, if not captain.

His fall from grace was spectacular.
    I remember him scoring against us for Leeds as a sixteen year old back in 2005.

I've just been on Soccerbase looking for the figures to prove my theory that he was too ill disciplined to succeed at a high level, but, although, nine red cards and eighty nine yellow ones is pretty bad, he has been playing for thirteen years and he has made nearly 400 appearances, so it's not the absolute disaster that I thought it was going to be.

Although he could hardly be accused of being fat or anything when I saw him at Newport, he was a bit broader in the beam than most of his team mates and certainly wasn't the most manoeuvrable of players, but my guess is that, having been more powerful than those he came up against in youth football, that side of his game didn't develop much as he became a man, while he also tended to stand still technically as well.

Billericay Town, in the Isthmian League ...

the current non-league side trying to buy their way into the league.

Their squad includes around 20 ex-league players, a handful of ex-internationals and names such as Ricky Modeste, Jamie O'Hara, Jermaine Pennant & Paul Konchesky. An annual wage bill around £2.5M at Division 8 level!!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Billericay Town, in the Isthmian League ...

the current non-league side trying to buy their way into the league.

Their squad includes around 20 ex-league players, a handful of ex-internationals and names such as Ricky Modeste, Jamie O'Hara, Jermaine Pennant & Paul Konchesky. An annual wage bill around £2.5M at Division 8 level!!
    Have you seen the dressing rooms lions.jpg

Chairman is the manager and the architet in chief cause he a builder and dreamer see.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Have you seen the dressing rooms lions.jpg

Chairman is the manager and the architet in chief cause he a builder and dreamer see.
    Wonder if the players get a club leather jacket with one of these Lions on the back. Initials on the front obviously for the Chairman/manager and his coaching staff. On a serious note I am pretty sure the Chairman does a fair bit for people with disabilities and getting them to games plus sponsored a young lads treatment. To be commended that.

Am I correct in saying that Lappin's last game for City was a 1-0 win at Birmingham in our promotion season?

As for Walton I can only recall him being sent off for City - twice. Once v Leeds when he kicked the advertising board over a nd then v Sheff Wed with a terrible tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Am I correct in saying that Lappin's last game for City was a 1-0 win at Birmingham in our promotion season?

As for Walton I can only recall him being sent off for City - twice. Once v Leeds when he kicked the advertising board over a nd then v Sheff Wed with a terrible tackle.
    Non city but funny do you remember Ketsbia kicking out the boards? Loon