+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Bellamy ready to become next Wales manager?

Re: Is Bellamy ready to become next Wales manager?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think Coleman is good for another couple of years , until Euro 2020, Bellers will be at the city for the forseeable future I think. He will learn a lot from Warnock, more than he would on his own as Wales manager - there are better candidates for Wales, albeit not many Welshmen - other than Pulis.
    Craig would take the Welsh job in a flash , he sounds quite tactically astute listening to his commentary.
    The longer he remains coaching the Cardiff youth the better for all concerned in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Obviously...

You do know he works with youth teams? Hardly the sign of an egomaniac
    Yes, I do, if you want to throw someone in from a youth team to a national manager, go ahead.

If you're right about him not being an egomaniac, I look forward to seeing him manage the likes of Accrington Stanley.

In my opinion, he's a smug twat. Being from Cardiff and an ex City player seems good enough for some here to take the Welsh job.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Yes, I do, if you want to throw someone in from a youth team to a national manager, go ahead.

If you're right about him not being an egomaniac, I look forward to seeing him manage the likes of Accrington Stanley.

In my opinion, he's a smug twat. Being from Cardiff and an ex City player seems good enough for some here to take the Welsh job.
    Oh, the irony.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Agree with many of the points on here. Coleman should remain. I think he fell victim to Bale's injury and secondly we only game within a whisker of failure. We are doing OK and there is more room for optimism with Bale only getting better, and Woodburn, Ampadu, Brooks and Wilson coming through. As someone said earlier in the thread, the Speed legacy and "The Welsh Way" needs to be here to stay. Osian Roberts is the continuity man that will ensure that in the background so it should be in safe hands.

The real question for me is not whether Coleman should go now, or who should replace him now, but whether they should be grooming the future manager NOW while Coleman is still there. Should Coleman remain another 2-4 years before moving on, what better way to prepare for his departure than to have Bellamy on the payroll now and shadowing him ready to take over? Bellamy is a believer in The Welsh Way, and if / when Coleman goes what better way to plan than to already have your man in place to step up to the helm? That is continuity management at its finest.
    Good post. The FAW might also be thinking on these grooming terms with Robert Page also who is u21 manager and even Paul Bodin the u19 manager. The good thing is this training coaches and managers is our technical director's field of expertise. So the vital couple will be to keep Osian where he is.

I think Coleman should stay. If he goes will the likes of Ampadu and Brooks jump ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think Coleman should stay. If he goes will the likes of Ampadu and Brooks jump ship?
    That would be pretty diabolical, you play for your country not the manager. Manager is 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    That would be pretty diabolical, you play for your country not the manager. Manager is 2nd.
    We have not nailed them down yet which is a concern and will have to wait almost a year to do so. Will their heads be turned?

We have not nailed them down yet which is a concern and will have to wait almost a year to do so. Will their heads be turned?
    I thought Osian Roberts and Brian Flynn were more instrumental in getting these lads on board than CC?

Besides, England will be concentrating on the finals for the next 9 months not some kids who may or may not have the potential to be top players in the future.

I want Coleman to stay for the next campaign. However, if his head isn't in it then I think it's important to have someone ready to step into the Welsh Way.....Patrick viera anyone? Bellamy and giggs or page could work for the future but managers ready to go now and have good relationship with the FAW already leaves mainly non-welsh candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought Osian Roberts and Brian Flynn were more instrumental in getting these lads on board than CC?

Besides, England will be concentrating on the finals for the next 9 months not some kids who may or may not have the potential to be top players in the future.
    Osian been at the coal face in a lot of the best work behind the scenes. There are some great programmes on s4c following him, they do subtitles I think watching on s4c digidol. Some really good stuff on Radio Cymru as well. No subtitles on radio though.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Osian been at the coal face in a lot of the best work behind the scenes. There are some great programmes on s4c following him, they do subtitles I think watching on s4c digidol. Some really good stuff on Radio Cymru as well. No subtitles on radio though.
    Feck me soz J R. That last bit was stupid. What I mean is the radio shit I don't know how to get that in English.

Agree with the comments about Osian Roberts. He has done a great job as has Brian Flynn over many years

Agree with the comments about Osian Roberts. He has done a great job as has Brian Flynn over many years
    Brian Flynn was immense as well. Traveled for miles at a time across his brief. Following up leads. Did lots of good work.

Feck me soz J R. That last bit was stupid. What I mean is the radio shit I don't know how to get that in English.

I knew what you meant mate

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I knew what you meant mate

Brian Flynn was immense as well. Traveled for miles at a time across his brief. Following up leads. Did lots of good work.
    Brian Flynn is a great bloke. Did a fantastic job at Wrexham. Back in the day, I always named him as my "next Cardiff manager". We ended up with Hibbitt or Osman or some other failure in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Brian Flynn is a great bloke. Did a fantastic job at Wrexham. Back in the day, I always named him as my "next Cardiff manager". We ended up with Hibbitt or Osman or some other failure in waiting.
    I always got the impression he was treated shabbily by the FAW money wise and the rest. Obviously he wouldn't be the first but when you look at all the good shit what he has done well then, the facts would slap you in the face. Not you literally shirt mate. Glad he gets the respect.