+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Bellamy ready to become next Wales manager?

Is Bellamy ready to become next Wales manager?

would u give him the job?

if not who else?

Re: Is Bellamy ready to become next Wales manager?

Allardyce.
    I joke, happy to keep Coleman.

Keep Coleman.
    Bellers and the manc would be obvious choices to take over if Coleman quits.
    Is Bellers ready? I don’t know, would he even want it? I think he’d have the respect of the players and I’m sure he’d want to build on the speed/Coleman legacy.

Russell Slade

Blue in the Face

No one is ready to replace Coleman. To go back to appointing managers as their first job in the game would be a monumental backwards step. Bellars might have the goods one day, he obviously understands the game on an intimate level but there's a heck of a lot to management beyond that. I suppose being absent from the next tournament gives a potential new man time to bed in.

We'll face a difficult choices with our choice of friendlies as we really need to be careful about our world ranking which is going to plummet for the next Euros. So we need to play high ranking teams. I think we should be risky and arrange as many as possible so as to blood a plethora of young players, beyond the three names that folks like to mention.

I think Coleman should stay in the job if he's willing to turn down better money. The Swansea job is starting to look inevitable unfortunately. Though I can imagine him doing OK there if that fat yank twat gives him the time.

I find it amazing how a single game can distort opinions. Had we won yesterday and Serbia drew, Coleman is a genius again. Thankfully the FAW would never push Coleman, it'll be down to him if he wants to jump.

It's not really about keeping Coleman. Don't forget he was tempted 12 months ago by the Hull job, he will want to move on himself and that's fair enough.

Blue in the Face

Sometimes managers/players will say that they're interested to negotiate a better contract where they are. I'm hoping that's the case with Cookie, but it's probably not in reality.

Whoever it is, they have to be Welsh. Everything Coleman has done with the team spirit goes right out the window if you employ a non-Welsh manager.

Why do we need a new manager. To be honest Bales form hasn’t been anywhere near what it was in qualifying for the euros, we need him to be firing and at least take 2 of the opposition out. Allen has been hit and miss too after his heroics in the euros. It’s not Coleman’s fault is it?
    He’ll prob walk into a club job anyway, I think I would if I was him.

Carl Robinson for me, working with Osian Roberts and bring Bellamy into the set up as well.

Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Klopp
    Klop+_e1ef2ea18f33e578e8db6a528da9ab40.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    It's not really about keeping Coleman. Don't forget he was tempted 12 months ago by the Hull job, he will want to move on himself and that's fair enough.
    I'd try and keep Cookie for another campaign and then either Bellamy or Carl Robinson after that. I'd prefer a welshman but I don't want Giggs.

Keep Coleman, if he wants to stay. Wales have made massive strides since implementing a clear plan for the game. The FAW deserve some credit. Not something I ever said growing up. Used to be a shambles. If Coleman is happy to stay then I am happy with that.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Osian Roberts is massive in what we do. I am sure the FAW would make it a condition that he stays if a new manager comes on board.

Keep Coleman. Look to the age grades promote from within at the right time if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd try and keep Cookie for another campaign and then either Bellamy or Carl Robinson after that. I'd prefer a welshman but I don't want Giggs.
    Got his eye on yer missus?

Always dangerous round the box.....

Bellamy isn't ready yet, he'd be better off starting at a league 1 or 2 club. I don't think his ego would allow himself to do that.

Given you play a certain style of football, perhaps you should go for a continental coach.

I do think in the near future the likes of Bale and Ramsey are going to influence the Welsh FA too much

Not that I know feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why do we need a new manager. To be honest Bales form hasn’t been anywhere near what it was in qualifying for the euros, we need him to be firing and at least take 2 of the opposition out. Allen has been hit and miss too after his heroics in the euros. It’s not Coleman’s fault is it?
    He’ll prob walk into a club job anyway, I think I would if I was him.
    I don’t think any of us think we need a new manager, but I’m fairly sure cookie announced a while back that this would be his last campaign.
    I sincerely hope I misread or that he changes his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whoever it is, they have to be Welsh. Everything Coleman has done with the team spirit goes right out the window if you employ a non-Welsh manager.
    Ah, I see the sub-text here.

You want Ash as a player-coach don't you?

The lengths some people will go to just to wind up a certain poster.....

Give it to Barry Horne so we dont have to listen to the **** on the Tv anymore.

Whether it be Coleman or someone else taking us into the Euro 2020 qualifiers, they've still got a relatively young squad to work with.

Grangetown Blue's mate, Ash, is 33 and the next campaign will possibly be his last, so that needs to be considered. Only Hennessey, Ledley and Edwards are 30+. There's only around 18 months separating Bale, Allen and Ramsey, with Bale being the oldest at 28, so we can expect another 3 campaigns at least from Bale, maybe 4 from Allen and Ramsey. Providing they keep themselves at the top level, we've got a nucleus to base a team around for a good few years yet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give it to Barry Horne so we dont have to listen to the **** on the Tv anymore.
    God, I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bellamy isn't ready yet, he'd be better off starting at a league 1 or 2 club. I don't think his ego would allow himself to do that.

Given you play a certain style of football, perhaps you should go for a continental coach.

I do think in the near future the likes of Bale and Ramsey are going to influence the Welsh FA too much

Not that I know feck all.
    Obviously...

You do know he works with youth teams? Hardly the sign of an egomaniac

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If a Premier League job crops up in the next couple of months he will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    If a Premier League job crops up in the next couple of months he will take it.
    Or abroad, and that's probably true but I'd like him to stay. He's clearly done very well and the players like him. He just needs to actually play players that aren't his favorites now and take a few risks.

Agree with many of the points on here. Coleman should remain. I think he fell victim to Bale's injury and secondly we only game within a whisker of failure. We are doing OK and there is more room for optimism with Bale only getting better, and Woodburn, Ampadu, Brooks and Wilson coming through. As someone said earlier in the thread, the Speed legacy and "The Welsh Way" needs to be here to stay. Osian Roberts is the continuity man that will ensure that in the background so it should be in safe hands.

The real question for me is not whether Coleman should go now, or who should replace him now, but whether they should be grooming the future manager NOW while Coleman is still there. Should Coleman remain another 2-4 years before moving on, what better way to prepare for his departure than to have Bellamy on the payroll now and shadowing him ready to take over? Bellamy is a believer in The Welsh Way, and if / when Coleman goes what better way to plan than to already have your man in place to step up to the helm? That is continuity management at its finest.