+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet more fallout from our cock up during WC qualifying

Re: Yet more fallout from our cock up during WC qualifying

Watch the videos on the Uefa website for anyone confused, it seems complex but is relatively straight forward. If ultimately all you're wondering is the qualification for the euros then it doesn't change too much, top 2 go to the finals but the qualification starts much later, next year we have the nations league and if we don't finish top 2 in our group then that gives us a good backup.

The downside of being out of group a is that if we weren't to qualify automatically for the euro finals then we'd be almost guaranteed a playoff, with the likelihood of some fairly poor teams being added to our playoffs.

Regardless with a decent draw a top 2 place should be possible

So you're saying people actually qualify for the actual tournament by winning in the nations league?

Or does the nations league just decide the grouping for the qualifying games?.

That is what I'm struggling with

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    So you're saying people actually qualify for the actual tournament by winning in the nations league?

Or does the nations league just decide the grouping for the qualifying games?.

That is what I'm struggling with
    20 of the 24 teams for the Euros are decided by qualifying. There will be a playoff from the 4 Leagues, A, B, C and D to decide who qualifies through the nations league.

If you have already qualified, you don't take part and your place is taken by the team finishing below you. I'm not sure what's going to happen in A, as I expect there's a slim chance that 4 teams in A don't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    20 of the 24 teams for the Euros are decided by qualifying. There will be a playoff from the 4 Leagues, A, B, C and D to decide who qualifies through the nations league.

If you have already qualified, you don't take part and your place is taken by the team finishing below you. I'm not sure what's going to happen in A, as I expect there's a slim chance that 4 teams in A don't qualify.
    Cheers.

So people will be going all out in the nations league.

This is still doing my head in trying to wrap my head around this explanation:

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-a...ations-league/

I'll watch the videos after work I think

Edit- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaah I understand.

The nations league playoff only comes into play after the actual qualifying games.