+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Traffic Chaos currently just outside Cardiff

Traffic Chaos currently just outside Cardiff

Went past the cedar tree roundabout around 14.00, chaos, sign says works for 52 weeks!!!!!, tried an alternative route to get back, major works at the tredegar park M4 roundabout, and lots of smaller works going on, is it the time of year the councils spend their left overs in fear of losing the budget for next year?

Re: Traffic Chaos currently just outside Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Went past the cedar tree roundabout around 14.00, chaos, sign says works for 52 weeks!!!!!, tried an alternative route to get back, major works at the tredegar park M4 roundabout, and lots of smaller works going on, is it the time of year the councils spend their left overs in fear of losing the budget for next year?
    Unlikely - Local Authority budgets usually run from April to April each year.
    Last edited by dml1954; 11-10-17 at 15:48. Reason: Spelling

Pantmawr Road closed....55 mins Tuesday morning from Rhiwbina to Coryton M4 junction and back to pick up my son and partner from Village Hotel after the match. 45 mins Rhiwbina to CCS via Western Avenue for the match. Traffic in Cardiff is a pain at the moment. Yes, councils do have to spend up budgets, if they've got any left to spend. Mind you, nothing on M5 northbound J1/J2 chaos here in the Midlands.

I’ve noticed loads of people complaining about this but as it doesn’t affect me I couldn’t give a toss, however it does seem untenable to go on for a whole year.

Ironically as typing this a notification popped up about the subject and possibly they’ve quoted one of our resident CCMBers

Roundabout works adding 'hours' onto commuters' journeys

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/commuters-say-hours-being-added-13748515#ICID=ios_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare_Clic k_Other

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’ve noticed loads of people complaining about this but as it doesn’t affect me I couldn’t give a toss, however it does seem untenable to go on for a whole year.

Ironically as typing this a notification popped up about the subject and possibly they’ve quoted one of our resident CCMBers

Roundabout works adding 'hours' onto commuters' journeys

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...re_Click_Other

Pantmawr Road one gets me every evening returning home, the roads need to be improved and there will never be a good time, I just thought it odd that they all seem to be getting done at the same time, 12 months of the year but lets all start in September!!! just in time for winter

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Unlikely - Local Authority budgets usually run from April to April each year.
    Spot on!

Finger on the button - as always
    Last edited by Tall Midget; 11-10-17 at 16:32. Reason: Insufficient praise

There's a sign on the Caerphilly Mountain road that states "work starting here and lasting 52 weeks", so much info on there that I couldn't read when it starts

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There's a sign on the Caerphilly Mountain road that states "work starting here and lasting 52 weeks", so much info on there that I couldn't read when it starts
    It's started and the approaches to the cedar tree roundabout Caerphilly is chaotic, it's driving traffic to the a470 to circumvent it ,also adding to chaos .

The Cedar Tree roundabout effects so many routes , petitions being worked up .

Very bad planning .

I was driving up to New Tredegar on Tuesday morning and the southbound queue was from the cedar tree all the way up to Ystrad Mynach hospital. Thats got to be about five miles of dual carriageway, bumper to bumper. It must have taken ages for the poor sods stuck in that.
    And there wasn't even any work going on, just bloody traffic cones.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's started and the approaches to the cedar tree roundabout Caerphilly is chaotic, it's driving traffic to the a470 to circumvent it ,also adding to chaos .

The Cedar Tree roundabout effects so many routes , petitions being worked up .

Very bad planning .
    The Works needed to be done and there wasn’t the finances available to do it quicker but it is obviously painful for so many for so long. The problem is the other routes (particularly the a470) are not fit for purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The Works needed to be done and there wasn’t the finances available to do it quicker but it is obviously painful for so many for so long. The problem is the other routes (particularly the a470) are not fit for purpose!
    But does it really need to be done al, they seem to be developing more filter lanes onto the current roundabout that's no real solution for anyone , a real solution is a rail links into Blackwood not circumventing it .

Does seem to be a lot of road works going on at once.
    Traffic is unbearable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I was driving up to New Tredegar on Tuesday morning and the southbound queue was from the cedar tree all the way up to Ystrad Mynach hospital. Thats got to be about five miles of dual carriageway, bumper to bumper. It must have taken ages for the poor sods stuck in that.
    And there wasn't even any work going on, just bloody traffic cones.
    I drove up to Ystrad hospital Tuesday morning and saw the tailbacks going the other way. Was still like it 2 hours later when I drove back to Caerphilly.

Absolutely ridiculous how any roadworks can take 52 weeks to complete - what exactly are they doing that can take that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I drove up to Ystrad hospital Tuesday morning and saw the tailbacks going the other way. Was still like it 2 hours later when I drove back to Caerphilly.

Absolutely ridiculous how any roadworks can take 52 weeks to complete - what exactly are they doing that can take that long?
    it’s Caerphilly.
    Every morning they turn up to work to find their JCB’s sitting on a pile of bricks where their wheels used to be.