Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
They are magnificent and very loyal and usually placid and docile. Meet a couple of rescued ones walking my mutts now and then and they always appear a tad sad but yet elegant if that makes sense. The rescue ones from racing have usually had something pretty sh*t happen to them the keeper informs me. The best examples of breed are much prized of course and kept. He has been taking them for years.

They are big dogs remember Sludge. Which I know you know but it's only when you stand beside one you notice. They are amazing creatures and if you were to get one you would be repaid many, many times over for your efforts. Good in Family's usually as well, cause I asked him about this too. It's like any rescue dog that you don't get as a pup you never really know but I would say 99% are brill which is a higher percentage than can be said of humans in my experience. Good luck mate.
I have got a smashed up ankle so a dog that needs long walks is out for me , greyhound trust say twenty five minutes a day is fine and they are very chilled , looking at whippets too if not it will be a small cross breed rescue dog from RSPCA