+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: VALLEY COPS, BBC 1 Wales 9pm (now) . Should be a laugh.

VALLEY COPS, BBC 1 Wales 9pm (now) . Should be a laugh.

Alrighttt Buttt

Re: VALLEY COPS, BBC 1 Wales 9pm (now) . Should be a laugh.

Nutters

That was bleak stuff. Poverty and a huge drugs subculture makes for a burgeoning underclass. It'll become much worse when Universal Credit is fully rolled-out. Invest in the best home security measures you can afford.

Some of those people don't have a chance

Sad to watch

The valleys is home to some of our most loyal fans who have stuck with us through the hard times

Started off funny, but was quite sad by the end. What a grim situation some of those people are in. Only getting worse for future generations too.

17k robbed my arse. He dropped most of it.

I know the juggys my nan lived back to back with them in the Gurnos and they were / are a tidy family. The older brother (the father on the programme) was a good boxer but got into drugs which has obviously affected his life and his sons but all in the family and the extended family are ok. Certainly not reflective of the father and son in the programme. His younger brother, is my age 41, sound boy and done ok for himself.

They always show the worst on these programmes there’s plenty of people doing ok in the Gurnos and Merthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some of those people don't have a chance

Sad to watch
    Some of them however choose not to take the chances handed to them.

There should be a carrot and stick approach, firstly more employemtn/training and help and support but prison and punishments should be a lot, lot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Some of them however choose not to take the chances handed to them.

There should be a carrot and stick approach, firstly more employemtn/training and help and support but prison and punishments should be a lot, lot tougher.
    Prison doesn't work for petty offences , the rate of reoffending is massive not helped by Tory police prison service probation and drug agency cuts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Started off funny, but was quite sad by the end. What a grim situation some of those people are in. Only getting worse for future generations too.
    This multiplied by 10.

Really depressing stuff, it was if that one lad had his own private protection service to the nick.

Yes there are a lot of nice people up there.

But there are a good number of complete scumbags, including some of the boys on there crying about it having a bad rep

I do love merthyr though, a rare breed!

Thatcher's legacy!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thatcher's legacy!!
    Too fecking right

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This multiplied by 10.

Really depressing stuff, it was if that one lad had his own private protection service to the nick.
    All creatively edited for the programme

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Too fecking right
    You cant blame Thatcher for everything Sludgey baby

The lad who had the baby on the way had a job on the rails earning decent money but choose instead to go robbing a post office to pay for crack binge.

Whoever's to blame, the feral and/or drug addicted amongst them will rob anything of value you own given half a chance. Before the advent of DNA they'd also crap on your living room carpet for good measure. Cheap as chips dummy burglar alarms will deter the great majority, and real ones will provide extra peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You cant blame Thatcher for everything Sludgey baby

The lad who had the baby on the way had a job on the rails earning decent money but choose instead to go robbing a post office to pay for crack binge.
    Her capitalist policy of shutting down heavy industry with no plan b led to welfare dependency and the influx of heroin and heavy drugs into the valleys , in the past it was just resin and natural magic mushrooms , now it's heavy stuff that the addicts have to rob to feed their addiction , she's cut central grants to the drug advice and drop in centres and the probation services and it's now Thatcher again dressed up as may

As someone who was a Police Officer for 13 years and in Probabtion for two years I can confirm that both organisations have been utterly shafted by our lords and masters in a Westminster.

There are sometimes only two officers covering busy sectors in Cardiff, and the only response 'is do what you can do'

The crime figures are utterly massaged to produce a positive outcome. That's how this utter ****wit of a govenrnent justifies their bullshit cuts.

As for Probation, the decision to privatise two thirds of it was almost as act of criminal negligence. Some probabtion staff are managing case loads of up to 50 offenders and monthly phone appts are often the norm.

Glad to be out of both and in the field if utility sales, I've done my bit and as far as I can see sadly the futures ****ed for the criminal justice system with this lot in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    As someone who was a Police Officer for 13 years and in Probabtion for two years I can confirm that both organisations have been utterly shafted by our lords and masters in a Westminster.

There are sometimes only two officers covering busy sectors in Cardiff, and the only response 'is do what you can do'

The crime figures are utterly massaged to produce a positive outcome. That's how this utter ****wit of a govenrnent justifies their bullshit cuts.

As for Probation, the decision to privatise two thirds of it was almost as act of criminal negligence. Some probabtion staff are managing case loads of up to 50 offenders and monthly phone appts are often the norm.

Glad to be out of both and in the field if utility sales, I've done my bit and as far as I can see sadly the futures ****ed for the criminal justice system with this lot in charge.
    Well said that man

The biggest villain of the lot was Rhino the cop who continually saw the best in everyone, that approach will work with youngsters who've made a few mistakes aged 18 but persistent offenders and 24 year old junkies it's pathetic. Stop giving these parasites soft justice and come down hard on persistent offenders, they said themselves they spend half their working time chasing after a dozen or so local idiots.

That idiot who had a decent job and a baby on the way I have zero sympathy for, blaming his lack of a father figure on the way his life has panned out. He's just gone and done exactly the same thing for his daughter and the whole sorry cycle begins again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    The biggest villain of the lot was Rhino the cop who continually saw the best in everyone, that approach will work with youngsters who've made a few mistakes aged 18 but persistent offenders and 24 year old junkies it's pathetic. Stop giving these parasites soft justice and come down hard on persistent offenders, they said themselves they spend half their working time chasing after a dozen or so local idiots.

That idiot who had a decent job and a baby on the way I have zero sympathy for, blaming his lack of a father figure on the way his life has panned out. He's just gone and done exactly the same thing for his daughter and the whole sorry cycle begins again.
    That idiot is my mates half brother. My mate is quite high up the ladder on the rail network and got him a job taking home good money. Thrown it all away, and seeing his child grow up for the first 3 years of her life because he would rather go on a crack bender and end up robbing a post office with wrong-uns who never have and never will get a job. Nice kid but you cant keep blaming the system and lack of opportunitys when you are throwing good opportunites away.

As for the ones just talking on camera complaining about no jobs and opportunites. Full of shit, theres work about, the ones complaining about it most are the ones who dont want it. Some of them are unemployable but the vast majority of them would rather get their benefits and some petty crime than earn slog all week for £7.50 an hour.

Ill save my pity for the people on the shopfloor in my factory who are on £7.50 an hour, 12 hour shifts, weekend for no extra rate so they need to put in 60 hours to get a half decent wage. They should do a programme on the likes of them to show the people who have really got it tough in Merthyr, not these scumbag junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That idiot is my mates half brother. My mate is quite high up the ladder on the rail network and got him a job taking home good money. Thrown it all away, and seeing his child grow up for the first 3 years of her life because he would rather go on a crack bender and end up robbing a post office with wrong-uns who never have and never will get a job. Nice kid but you cant keep blaming the system and lack of opportunitys when you are throwing good opportunites away.

As for the ones just talking on camera complaining about no jobs and opportunites. Full of shit, theres work about, the ones complaining about it most are the ones who dont want it. Some of them are unemployable but the vast majority of them would rather get their benefits and some petty crime than earn slog all week for £7.50 an hour.

Ill save my pity for the people on the shopfloor in my factory who are on £7.50 an hour, 12 hour shifts, weekend for no extra rate so they need to put in 60 hours to get a half decent wage. They should do a programme on the likes of them to show the people who have really got it tough in Merthyr, not these scumbag junkies.
    How anyone can be allowed to employ someone for those wages against those hours is what’s wrong with this country time they got organised,time to rise up l reckon

What was your thoughts on the softly softly approach and treating criminals like royalty in the custody suites?

Ah yes, the Tories, life was so much better for young people 8 years ago.

Fact is, there will always be excuse[s]. One bloke blamed not seeing his father, so presumably the others in this Country who haven't seen their father can go out and rob their local post office.

I'll save my sympathy for those who have a real impediment to success - illness, disability etc..