+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it a motivation thing?

Is it a motivation thing?

Teams we've beaten currently lie in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 16th, 20th and 23rd. 4 of the teams we have beaten were in the top half at the time we played them.

Teams we haven't beaten currently lie in 6th, 10th, 12th, 15th and 19th. Of all the teams we haven't beaten this season, only Sheffield Wednesday were in the top 6 when we played them, the rest weren't close to us.

Re: Is it a motivation thing?

I think it is a combination of complacency (believing the hype), lack of focus after international breaks, under-training (with Warnock making a virtue of time off and rest so early in the season - he needs a nap but maybe the players don't), other teams working us out a bit, too much reliance on playing the same way with the same players against different opposition, subs brought on too late, a lack of trust in Tomlin, and a few other things......

However, still a great position after 12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think it is a combination of complacency (believing the hype), lack of focus after international breaks, under-training (with Warnock making a virtue of time off and rest so early in the season - he needs a nap but maybe the players don't), other teams working us out a bit, too much reliance on playing the same way with the same players against different opposition, subs brought on too late, a lack of trust in Tomlin, and a few other things......

I'd have snapped your arm off to be top after 12 games (as the table stands).

Yes, it was disappointing tonight but I think we all need to chill out a bit. In Warnock we trust.

Brilliantly put 👍

I think it is a combination of complacency (believing oothe hype), lack of focus after international breaks, under-training (with Warnock making a virtue of time off and rest so early in the season - he needs a nap but maybe the players don't), other teams working us out a bit, too much reliance on playing the same way with the same players against different opposition, subs brought on too late, a lack of trust in Tomlin, and a few other things......
    Besides that we did ok.