+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well, that was utter shite

Well, that was utter shite

Initial thoughts.

Little effort from the players - Birmingham wanted that so much more than us. Warnock cannot use the tiredness excuse, most of the players have had time off. We looked lethargic from the first minute.

The game was going very badly, yet we took so long to make changes.

Mendez-Laing and Zohore look as if they believe the hype surrounding them. No effort from either.

Bamba was totally out of position protecting the back 4. Birmingham liked to play with width and often their wide players were 1 vs 1 against our full backs, so Bamba didn't know what to do. I'd have got rid of Manga, put Bamba up against their lump of a striker and gone with Tomlin in a more attacking role.

No saves from the Birmingham goalkeeper. I can't recall Derby's keeper doing much last time out, either.

For the first time Warnock really needs to freshen things up a little, both in terms of personnel and tactics. We've got options. Lately we've become predictable and easy to defend against.

Re: Well, that was utter shite

Has Neil got a grand daughter? Has Tomlin been shagging her?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Initial thoughts.

Little effort from the players - Birmingham wanted that so much more than us. Warnock cannot use the tiredness excuse, most of the players have had time off. We looked lethargic from the first minute.

The game was going very badly, yet we took so long to make changes.

Mendez-Laing and Zohore look as if they believe the hype surrounding them. No effort from either.

Bamba was totally out of position protecting the back 4. Birmingham liked to play with width and often their wide players were 1 vs 1 against our full backs, so Bamba didn't know what to do. I'd have got rid of Manga, put Bamba up against their lump of a striker and gone with Tomlin in a more attacking role.

No saves from the Birmingham goalkeeper. I can't recall Derby's keeper doing much last time out, either.

For the first time Warnock really needs to freshen things up a little, both in terms of personnel and tactics. We've got options. Lately we've become predictable and easy to defend against.
    Bamba did against Leeds, but trying the same ploy again against Birmingham and Derby just hasn't worked

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bamba did against Leeds, but trying the same ploy again against Birmingham and Derby just hasn't worked
    It worked against Leeds as he sat deep while Leeds tried to play through the middle. Neither Derby nor Birmingham have done the same. I also feel that Bamba was playing slightly further forward tonight, which left him in a bit of no man's land. There are posters on here with far greater understanding than my postage stamp knowledge of football tactics who might agree or say I'm talking nonsense, but that's how it appeared to me.

That was complete shite.
    We continue to play like clueless chickens against teams at the bottom.
    It is beyond belief we were so awful.
    The referee was useless. But in truth he was no worse than us.
    Pissed off totally and I won't get home before 9:30 am

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Has Neil got a grand daughter? Has Tomlin been shagging her?
    The questions are, has Liam Feeney got a grand mother? And is Neil shagging her?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    That was complete shite.
    We continue to play like clueless chickens against teams at the bottom.
    It is beyond belief we were so awful.
    The referee was useless. But in truth he was no worse than us.
    Pissed off totally and I won't get home before 9:30 am
    Still haven't got home yet , can't believe what I watched last night . Probably going to cash out my bet for the league if it is still in positive . The league won't be won or lost in October , I think I have seen enough to realise there are to many good teams in this league this year for our team to be competitive over a full season . Play offs would be an achievement for a side that can't beat Birmingham . Didn't they lose 6-0 las week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It worked against Leeds as he sat deep while Leeds tried to play through the middle. Neither Derby nor Birmingham have done the same. I also feel that Bamba was playing slightly further forward tonight, which left him in a bit of no man's land. There are posters on here with far greater understanding than my postage stamp knowledge of football tactics who might agree or say I'm talking nonsense, but that's how it appeared to me.
    Eric, I think if you're watch the Leeds game, we scored first when their defender slipped and the second from Hoilett was a fantastic one off strike. ''Twas capped off in the 46th minute when their captain received a red card. Effectively game over.

The point I would make (and it pains me to say it) is that Leeds were the better footballing side throughout
    Over the course of the season I would expect them to finish higher than City as we are very one dimensional.
    I hope I am wrong but the tactics and personnel are now looking mid table at best