+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnocks Dilemma Manga or Bamba

Warnocks Dilemma Manga or Bamba

Watching game tonight made me realise Bamba is not a midfielder, has no pace ,prone to loosing the ball , first touch doubtful ,which is risky for a midfielder.

Manga I thought played well has a good touch , and better recovery pace.

Who gets dropped.

Do we stick with Bamba in midfield .

Does he drop Manga for Bamba in defence bit cruel if he does .

Back three fill midfield .

Big decesion time NW.

Re: Warnocks Dilemma Manga or Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Watching game tonight made me realise Bamba is not a midfielder, has no pace ,prone to loosing the ball , first touch doubtful ,which is risky for a midfielder.

Manga I thought played well has a good touch , and better recovery pace.

Who gets dropped.

Do we stick with Bamba in midfield .

Does he drop Manga for Bamba in defence bit cruel if he does .

Back three fill midfield .

Big decesion time NW.
    Bamba is good for dealing with target men, he relishes the battle. I can't say that is Manga's forte. I thought Manga got bullied a bit tonight. It might be interesting to swap them around. Manga can pass the ball and is comfortable with it at his feet.

Bamba definitely needs dropping from midfield.
    I feel he's got more pace than Manga at the back though.
    Tough one.
    Anyway, the question should be is when is Paterson fit enough to replace the awful Peltier?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bamba is good for dealing with target men, he relishes the battle. I can't say that is Manga's forte. I thought Manga got bullied a bit tonight. It might be interesting to swap them around. Manga can pass the ball and is comfortable with it at his feet.
    Good shout. Although Bamba was immense in that same position v Leeds, so all this talk tonight is a bit harsh imo.

Would still think swapping Bamba and Manga in that system is a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bamba definitely needs dropping from midfield.
    I feel he's got more pace than Manga at the back though.
    Tough one.
    Anyway, the question should be is when is Paterson fit enough to replace the awful Peltier?
    Awful? 6 inches lower with that shot right at the end and it would have finished just under the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Good shout. Although Bamba was immense in that same position v Leeds, so all this talk tonight is a bit harsh imo.

Yes.

I feel that if we have a game where the team and formation works, then Warnock keeps trying the same thing regardless of whatever challenges different opposition pose. It's fine and dandy to say that teams should be worried about us - they are, hence they up their game and don't allow us much space in behind. But we also need to tweak and alter things against different opposition. Hard graft will only get us so far.

Bamba must never ever play in midfield again.

His first pass went 60 yards straight out of play. Warnock laughed. He should have berated him - it all went downhill from there.

After that he just gave the ball away.

Never again

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

It might work, it's certainly something we have discussed on the bus, but for me we've got better midfielders than either in Damour and Tomlin.

I'd look at playing Ward, maybe instead of Mendes Lang as he's looked out of sorts and what a weapon to have on the bench

We are looking a bit short of ideas, so for Boro how about

Etheridge, Bennett, Morrison, Bamba, Patterson, Hoillet, Rallls, Bryson, Tomlin, Ward, Zohore ??

I would love to see Tomlin selected against Boro. Curse of the ex!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I would love to see Tomlin selected against Boro. Curse of the ex!
    No idea why he's fallen so out of favour.

He's always struggled to cement a first team position wherever he's been, despite his undoubted talent. I was hoping our Neil knew exactly what he was getting involved with, hence his big bid, and suprisingly from a lower grade 'rival'.

It could be a niggly injury that persists, or something more tabloidesque.

I'm hoping it's the former.

Really?

Both are good centre backs. I think a bit harsh on Bamba as seen hin thrive in midfield before, the whole team were pretty awful especially the midfield. At times it looked like we were 2 men down

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Both are good centre backs. I think a bit harsh on Bamba as seen hin thrive in midfield before, the whole team were pretty awful especially the midfield. At times it looked like we were 2 men down
    We are a fickle bunch football fans. He was Patrick Viera 2 weeks ago against Leeds.

He was awful last night though. Couldn’t handle the press at all.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We are a fickle bunch football fans. He was Patrick Viera 2 weeks ago against Leeds.

He was awful last night though. Couldn’t handle the press at all.
    I think it can work as a surprise tactic, but if you as an opposition manager plan with his being in the middle in mind then it can go badly wrong.

On the right occasion Bamba can do a job. Last night it wasnt working at all. It should have been changed at half time.
    We were creating nothing and we have a creative player on the bench who doesnt come on at all.
    Warnock has rightly taken the praise on what he has done so far but last night he has to take some blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think it can work as a surprise tactic, but if you as an opposition manager plan with his being in the middle in mind then it can go badly wrong.
    I said on the match thread last night that we had been out warnocked and beaten at our own game.

Coterill said when interviewed last night, when he modesty took all the credit, that he put players in that knew were going to give him everything. He more or less said the players he used weren’t the most talented in the squad but he needed to match Cardiff to get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    On the right occasion Bamba can do a job. Last night it wasnt working at all. It should have been changed at half time.
    We were creating nothing and we have a creative player on the bench who doesnt come on at all.
    Warnock has rightly taken the praise on what he has done so far but last night he has to take some blame.
    We were being outmuscled in midfield, Tomlin would have done nothing to solve that.

Getting things in perspective, it was our second loss all season - let's bear in mind most people predicted we'd get few points over the recent run of games. Still top of the table.

Created nothing? Zohore set up a great chance, there were 3 or 4 fantastic blocks in the area by their defenders too.

Bad day at the office, onto the next game.

i would play Bamba and Manga together at the back and drop the hopeless Morrison. We have a central defender who cant pass and his positional play is woeful. He should have tried to tackle Adams not retreated like Bambi on ice, basic stuff you go out and meet the attacker and try to force him wide. Bamba was covering him if Adams got passed.

As for his clearance headers he just gives the ball back to the opposition midfielder everytime instead of looking for his full back or winger. People are blaming Peltier but I would hate to play alongside Morrison every week!!!!!

If "OUR NEIL", can't make up his mind about these two and persists in playing both, then he has to play with 3 centre backs, wing backs (Patterson & Bennett) , a midfield of Gunners, Ralls, & Bryson, Tomlin @ a number 10 role and Zohore up top (although I would prefer Ward there at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    i would play Bamba and Manga together at the back and drop the hopeless Morrison. We have a central defender who cant pass and his positional play is woeful. He should have tried to tackle Adams not retreated like Bambi on ice, basic stuff you go out and meet the attacker and try to force him wide. Bamba was covering him if Adams got passed.

As for his clearance headers he just gives the ball back to the opposition midfielder everytime instead of looking for his full back or winger. People are blaming Peltier but I would hate to play alongside Morrison every week!!!!!
    Morrisons passing is far better than Bambas and his positional sense is better than both of the others.

It would also help if Manga, Bamba and Zohore come to that would actually jump for the ball a bit more often.
    Embarrassing how they were regularly being beaten in the air by smaller players who clearly wanted it more.

I said on the match thread last night that we had been out warnocked and beaten at our own game.

Coterill said when interviewed last night, when he modesty took all the credit, that he put players in that knew were going to give him everything. He more or less said the players he used weren’t the most talented in the squad but he needed to match Cardiff to get a result.
    To be honest I thought similar when I saw the talent they had on the bench.
    They seemed a fairly big, physical and quick side, but we should have been able to match that with the side we had out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post

Talking nonsense. If Morrison went out to meet Adams he would have got skinned.
    He tried to show him down the left and Bamba should have been there to cover if he come in on his right. Unfortunately Bamba just carried on running into no mans land and the space opened up for him to shoot.
    Manga should also have been closer for the cut inside.

Talking nonsense. If Morrison went out to meet Adams he would have got skinned.
    He tried to show him down the left and Bamba should have been there to cover if he come in on his right. Unfortunately Bamba just carried on running into no mans land and the space opened up for him to shoot.
    Manga should also have been closer for the cut inside.
    Mark Hudson said Morrison should have tackled Adams on the sky commentary and they also highlighted the mistake at the Brum free kick where Morrison followed the decoy runner and left his man free who headed the ball down for the 2 brum players to thankfully mess up the shot. These 2 players were played onside by the retreating Morrison. Lucky Manga was on the line to clear the ball.