+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It had to happen I suppose.

It had to happen I suppose.

Re: It had to happen I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A good summary - though, like myself, I suspect you're at a loss to figure out how we managed to play so badly.

Managers nowadays stress the importance of 'preparation' for each individual game. Warnock gave the non-international players a break apparently, and maybe Warnock had a quite week off in the South West. Shades of City 0 Maidstone 4, when the players spent New Years Eve partying..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    A good summary - though, like myself, I suspect you're at a loss to figure out how we managed to play so badly.

Managers nowadays stress the importance of 'preparation' for each individual game. Warnock gave the non-international players a break apparently, and maybe Warnock had a quite week off in the South West. Shades of City 0 Maidstone 4, when the players spent New Years Eve partying..
    My thoughts exactly. Our players and manager were tuned off, but Brum, with a new manager had a hard fortnight to train and get prepared. They were up for it.
    Next break, please Neil, keep the players at it, and yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's been waiting to happen in many respects. We got lucky with our draws against Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby - we could arguably have lost the lot of those, relying on 2 late equalisers and Derby being wasteful. In some respects that's the sign of a good side that can avoid defeat when not playing all that well.

We're becoming known as slow starters in games. 5 of our 17 goals have been scored prior to the last minute of the first half. Of those, two were due to us putting pressure on the opposition to force an error (opener against Leeds and Hoilett charging down a goalkeeper's clearance against QPR). On both of those occasions we hadn't started all that well, but the goal changed the game completely in our favour.

Once we get our nose in front, we're a different animal as teams have to try and chase us, giving us some space in behind. We've won all our games when we've scored first and, on the two occasions we're relinquished a lead, we've gained it back.