+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock does a Slade

Re: Warnock does a Slade

When Tomlin was signed I expected him to be an Adel Taraabt type - talented and flawed but with Warnock willing to put time and effort into getting him onto the pitch and performing.

The fact that he hasn't played much (not been poor when he's played but not done too much either - starting at Burton), that Warnock doesn't seem willing to bring him on as a game-changing sub even if he doesn't start, and he was at such pains to rubbish the media claims that we paid £2.8m (Warnock said it was less than half of that), all leaves the impression that Tomlin will not be another Taraabt.

Maybe there is more happening behind the scenes than we know - either attitude or fitness, or maybe the effect of the court case. Or maybe Warnock no longer has the energy or willpower to invest so much in one very difficult player. He has said in the past that he would never indulge and coax a player again in the way he did with Taraabt.

Despite that I do expect Tomlin to feature soon - and then it's up to him whether he takes the chance or not.

I'm not sure Tomlin will feature soon.

Can't make him the focus of the team given his uncertain future. For me, the biggest problems we've had have been due to being overrun in midfield so can't see him improving that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I actually thought the ref was pretty good apart from the high boot which he bottled.
    or didn't see and the linesman and was running ahead as well

Feeney getting a fair bit of stick since last night for a) not being Tomlin and b) for not turning around a shite team performance in the ten minutes he was on. Bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    We've absolutely mugged you for Tomlin.
    Divisive character in every changing room he's been in. Not a coincidence he spent the last half of last season on the bench for us and Warnock also won't play him.

Superbly talented. Absolute cock of a bloke.
    And he's going inside.
    You're mum absolutely mugged you're dad off when she past you off as one of his. Apart from that you might be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    You're mum absolutely mugged you're dad off when she past you off as one of his. Apart from that you might be onto something.
    You can’t speak to him like that. He pays 72k a year in tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Feeney getting a fair bit of stick since last night for a) not being Tomlin and b) for not turning around a shite team performance in the ten minutes he was on. Bit harsh.
    Feeneys shit regardless of last night

Absolute pointless signing

No better than Matt Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    You can’t speak to him like that. He pays 72k a year in tax.
    There is 250+ relatives he has got to support back in the old country. Better done at a distance from Henley through the tax payer than lumping sacks of swede,parsnips n spuds home every night. Jursett you might be the cleverest guy in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'm not sure Tomlin will feature soon.

Can't make him the focus of the team given his uncertain future. For me, the biggest problems we've had have been due to being overrun in midfield so can't see him improving that.
    To be honest I am more than a little surprised.
    When we signed Tomlin, even Warnock admitted that he finally had the number 10 we had been missing.
    Everyone was singing his praises for the creativity he would bring.

However, virtually from the beginning of the season he has not figured. Add to that the loan signing of Bryson and Feeney and he has dropped further down the pecking order ?

My thoughts, for what they are worth, are that Warnock has not been that bothered about creativity. We are top of the league with the worst passing stats in the Championship. To me that demonstrates that we are a long ball team who have a high tempo battling eleven, who get results (most of the time).

I honestly feel that Warnock now does not value the skills of Tomlin and probably wishes he had spent the money elsewhere.

If that is the feeling Tomlinson has, I believe we have a player who will continue to deteriorate until finally being moved on.
    Shame...

Divisive character in every changing room he's been in. Not a coincidence he spent the last half of last season on the bench for us and Warnock also won't play him.

And he's going inside.
    (Tomlin) Far better player than any you have.
    A year ago you'd have happily given Tomlin a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Brilliant

One interesting point - had Slade been in charge for last night's "performance", he'd have been roundly savaged by most. I probably include myself in that.

Banned

One interesting point - had Slade been in charge for last night's "performance", he'd have been roundly savaged by most. I probably include myself in that.
    Don't think we ever put in such a gutless performance under RS. Saying that I don't blame the manager the players let everyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Don't think we ever put in such a gutless performance under RS. Saying that I don't blame the manager the players let everyone down.
    Hahahahaha

We put in many similar performances under that bellend.

However unlike Slade, the odd performance like that under Warnock is forgiveable as he’s well in credit in terms of performance.

Didn’t like the way Warnock did a Slade and blamed the ref but all in all it’s just a bad day at the office.

Also unlike Slade we don’t have consecutive poor performances under Warnock so I’m sure we will bounce back just like we did after the Preston defeat.

My opinions on his natural ability and talent are the same.
    Thing is he couldn't get in our team and Warnock doesn't even bring him on as a sub 1-0 down.

Something is clearly wrong with him.

Tomlin is the most naturally talented player in your squad.
    He was the most talented player in our squad.
    So in fact what I said last year is the same as what I am saying this year.

However despite the above both Lee Johnson and Neil Warnock refuse to pick him for their teams.

The question is why is that....

Post this crap on your own message board prick

And he's going inside.
    Last comment is a bit stupid. You do know there are laws in place for such remarks when a person is on trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Last comment is a bit stupid. You do know there are laws in place for such remarks when a person is on trial?
    Laws don’t apply to him. He’s an EAME finance director and earns 200k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Post this crap on your own message board prick
    I wouldn’t even wish that on the wurzels

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Laws don’t apply to him. He’s an EAME finance director and earns 200k a year.
    There's hope for all of us if he can pull in that wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    There's hope for all of us if he can pull in that wage.
    His American bosses are very, very demanding, he works really hard. In between his 300 tweets a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Feeneys shit regardless of last night

Absolute pointless signing

No better than Matt Kennedy
    Spot on, no idea why we got an average player like Feeney in when we have Matt Kennedy.

To make matters worse he's doing great for Pompey, set up another one yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    and blames everyone but himself.

The ref was poor but he’s not the reason we lost.

Sorry Neil you take the plaudits when we do well, but you got to put your hands up and say you got it horribly wrong last night.

We were getting outfought in midfield, Bamba was woeful but remained on for the full game. We weren’t creating **** all yet you made no changes of an attavking nature until the 81st minute.

And then one of those changes was a Liam ****ing Feeney when Tomlin remained on the bench!!!

Blackwell and Jepson were trying to speak to you but you were sulking and too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

Poor day at the office
    Fred should've started and ended here. Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Spot on, no idea why we got an average player like Feeney in when we have Matt Kennedy.

To make matters worse he's doing great for Pompey, set up another one yesterday
    Playing in a lower league of course. Probably found his level. Apart from Friday night, Feeney has done ok when he has come on - put in the cross for Ward to score at Fulham for example. Good squad player who can play in a number of positions.